PDA

View Full Version : interpreting Yandex numbers

Armadillo
4th June 2006, 03:08 AM
I am thinking of registering a term but am not framiliar with Yandex numbers.
Are these good average or ho hum...

Result of the search: pages - 65 093 000, sites - not less than 9 339, in the catalog - 408 demands in the month: the xxxxx - 417 159.

Thanks,

Armadillo

thefabfive
4th June 2006, 03:46 AM
You want to look at wordstat.yandex.ru (http://wordstat.yandex.ru) and look at the number of searches for the term last month. Now be careful because Yandex doesn't distinguish between different forms of word most of the time - like possessive, plural, singular, etc. US Ovt and Google trends are good double checks as to which form is searched most.

As for what's good - I've registered terms with 10,000 searches on Yandex but "good" is probably more than 50,000. It really depends on the term.

Come back with some more stats and we'll analyze it further.

Armadillo
4th June 2006, 05:33 AM
Thanks for having a look Fabfive,

It seems like the ending forms of the adjective (bin and ble) are searched much more on Google and Google trends. The bin and ble are around 60m and this one (ar) is 24m on Goog.

This is a big word - at least in english and I was psyched when it came up as unregistered, but the biggest two forms are taken. Not to say this one won't be pretty good though. Is there any reason a feminine form of the word would knock it out as a good term?

Word stat: What searched for with the word "xxxxx" - 542400 demonstrations per month

Ovt is only 95 - I am thinking one of the other two is the mother load.

I registered the .com but am wondering if it is worth doing the other two or not.

I am starting to think I need to learn more about this language before I continue registering.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Armadillo

blastfromthepast
4th June 2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks for having a look Fabfive,
This is a big word - at least in english and I was psyched when it came up as unregistered, but the biggest two forms are taken. Not to say this one won't be pretty good though. Is there any reason a feminine form of the word would knock it out as a good term?

Why don't you register it first, and then post it. I'll tell you exactly if it is worthwhile or not.

Armadillo
4th June 2006, 07:11 PM
OK.... xn--80abvmcjd9i3a.com (мобильная.com) : Mobile

Thanks,

Armadillo

blastfromthepast
4th June 2006, 07:21 PM
OK.... xn--80abvmcjd9i3a.com (мобильная.com) : Mobile

Thanks,

Armadillo

OK by itself but not best. Betters as a compound мобильная связь - mobile network/connection.

Armadillo
4th June 2006, 08:07 PM
I did notice those compound terms that had more triffic, but I was thinking that the single word would be shorter and more versatile as well. Does that make sense or am I missing the point on the translation and form of the word?

Thanks,

Armadillo

blastfromthepast
4th June 2006, 08:42 PM
I did notice those compound terms that had more triffic, but I was thinking that the single word would be shorter and more versatile as well. Does that make sense or am I missing the point on the translation and form of the word?

Thanks,

Armadillo

Some words are best alone. They make complete sense. They can be an entire one word sentence. Some words are in grammatical forms that make no sense by themselves.

In Russian all words in a sentence have to agree. Nouns. Adjectives. Verbs. All of these change depending on other words. Sometimes not only in the ending.

Armadillo
5th June 2006, 05:34 AM
I see what you are saying. I suppose that is why the overture is so low.

Armadillo