PDA

View Full Version : Who will be attending NamesCon 2016?

dynadot
29th December 2015, 10:17 PM
Dynadot is excited to announce that we will be attending NamesCon 2016! Who else will be there this year? Please comment below and let us know because we are interested in connecting and networking with people from the industry. We are looking to set up scheduled times to get together with everyone, so please send us a private message if you would like to meet up and chat! Otherwise, stop by our booth #25 and say hi. We look forward to seeing you all there!

squirrel
30th December 2015, 12:22 AM
Not this year for me

andre
30th December 2015, 03:36 PM
Dynadot is excited to announce that we will be attending NamesCon 2016! Who else will be there this year? Please comment below and let us know because we are interested in connecting and networking with people from the industry. We are looking to set up scheduled times to get together with everyone, so please send us a private message if you would like to meet up and chat! Otherwise, stop by our booth #25 and say hi. We look forward to seeing you all there!

Please do take the opportunity to educate people at NamesCon about IDNs. My experience and observations are that, still, most do not know what IDNs are nor that there are many registered and functioning IDNs

André 小山 Schappo

Wot
1st January 2016, 02:56 AM
Not one IDN in the 500 plus name auction?

Rubber Duck
1st January 2016, 07:58 AM
Not one IDN in the 500 plus name auction?

At this particular juncture, no market is probably a good thing.

techguy
2nd January 2016, 04:19 PM
I'll be there. Two more Chinese investors are going. Hope I'll have some opportunity to educate the ASCII group about IDNs.

Drewbert
3rd January 2016, 07:01 AM
Good luck with that.

Rubber Duck
3rd January 2016, 07:16 AM
Good luck with that.

http://www.thedomains.com/2016/01/01/quick-poll-how-many-coms-will-be-registered-by-1117/

bwhhisc
3rd January 2016, 01:07 PM
I'll be there. Two more Chinese investors are going. Hope I'll have some opportunity to educate the ASCII group about IDNs.

Good luck, best market is probably the International guys, some may be open minded. Stats still say 70- 80% of the
world population doesn't read English so the market is there, and sad truth is most don't even know about IDNs.
Lets hope VeriSign kicks in some advertising in 2016 and kick starts the awareness and sparks some development.

I don't think the Chinese have gotten excited about IDNs yet, again most don't know they exist but the new Chinese gTLDs
are out of the gates and getting some attention. Maybe after the Chinese finish vacuuming up all the NNNNNNs' (nnn,nnnn,nnnnn,
nnnnnn) and premium LLLLs til there's nothing left IDNs will be their next big thing...maybe targeting between 2018 and 2022. :lol:

dynadot
5th January 2016, 12:55 AM

Since you will be attending, let us know if you would like to meet up!

techguy
6th January 2016, 12:20 AM
Since you will be attending, let us know if you would like to meet up!

Sure. I look forward to meeting you there.