PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to search for pages containing a certain script?

TheFifty9Sound
10th February 2016, 03:50 AM
I'm not sure if it's possible, but has anyone ever come across a method of searching for the number of indexed pages on the web that contain a particular script?

Not so much looking for the language, as many languages share the same writing method. So I just want to try and get an idea of how much content exists in different scripts.

10th February 2016, 06:24 AM
depends on the script i would say. I think for many scripts the fact that more than one language shares the same writing method is not so relevant. For example cyrillic content is mostly russian. You can search for popular russian words and compare them with the number of results in let's say english to make a relative comparison.

Probably not very reliable but can give you an idea.

TheFifty9Sound
10th February 2016, 09:50 AM
Thanks 123. That's kind of what I was leaning towards, but was just curious to see if anyone else had found another way :)

domainguru
10th February 2016, 10:13 AM
I'm not sure if it's possible, but has anyone ever come across a method of searching for the number of indexed pages on the web that contain a particular script?

Not so much looking for the language, as many languages share the same writing method. So I just want to try and get an idea of how much content exists in different scripts.

people have done this research already. google it rather than reinvent the wheel.

TheFifty9Sound
10th February 2016, 10:28 AM
people have done this research already. google it rather than reinvent the wheel.

Naturally Google was my first port of call. I wouldn't be asking had I found satisfactory and current information. If you know of somewhere you could point me that'd be great.