PDA

View Full Version : ภูเก็ต.com [phuket].com Thai - Asia's most popular beach destination!

domainguru
26th February 2016, 07:16 AM
Phuket (pronounced with hard 'p' not 'f' as some westerners strangely still pronounce it) is a world famous premium beach island, and Asia's most popular beach destination.

And yes, Thais love their own beaches too! Here are some official Thai government tourist stats for 2015:

http://i.imgur.com/RQmJ0YB.png

Showing that Phuket is 2nd only to Bangkok for producing local tourist income.

Given the above, and:

There are a few different ways to write "Bangkok" in Thai, but only one way to write "Phuket", and
According to Booking.com, Phuket has the most hotels of any province in Thailand

Its pretty easy to see that ภูเก็ต.com is arguably the most valuable Thai GEO of all.

As a side note, here are the google search results for "phuket" in English:

http://i.imgur.com/Wv6wbpa.png

I'm totally not saying Phuket.com is #1 in Google search purely because of the keyword domain, but clearly it doesn't hurt :-D

---------------------

So, onto the sale itself.... given that my [chiangmai].com sold for a measly $750 in a normal auction, I would like to do this as a dutch (i.e. reverse) auction. Here are the rules:

-> BIN (and starting ask): $3,000
-> Price reduced by $100 every 24 hr until somebody bids to claim the name
-> If the price drops too low without any bids, I will cancel the auction.
-> Auction winner pays by paypal (all fees), or wire transfer.

What else? Any questions BY PM ONLY. No posting in the thread please.

And .... I am going to throw ตราด.com, [Trat].com in to sweeten the pot.

Check it out on the above spreadsheet. It produces the 7th most Thai tourist income of any Thai province, and is home to the famous and ever more popular "Ko Chang" ("Elephant Island")

Happy Bidding on this one-off Thai geo package - - - - He who dares wins!

domainguru
27th February 2016, 03:15 AM
New Price: $2900

Includes both [phuket].com and [trat].com !!

ภูเก็ต.com
ตราด.com

domainguru
27th February 2016, 09:33 PM
New Price: $2800

domainguru
28th February 2016, 03:57 AM
New Price: $2700

domainguru
29th February 2016, 03:14 AM
New Price: $2600

Remember this sale gets you 2 of the top 7 Thai tourist provinces, "top" being defined as "provinces that generate the most income from Thai domestic tourism" (units are "millions of Thai baht per month", so the amounts each month are huge)

A lot of tourist income goes straight to hotels and their online booking partners!!

domainguru
1st March 2016, 04:32 AM
New Price: $2500

domainguru
2nd March 2016, 03:33 AM
New Price: $2400

domainguru
3rd March 2016, 04:23 AM
New Price: $2300

domainguru
5th March 2016, 03:40 AM
Sale cancelled