PDA

View Full Version : spam or real?

Emil
1st March 2016, 11:08 AM
i keep getting following emails from moniker:

"Subject: Final Request for email address validation
Dear registrant or prospective registrant,

due to the requirements under the ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement we are required to confirm the validity of the email address provided for the domain name registration application or contact creation.

You will only have to do this once for each email address used.

Please click on the following link to confirm that you have received
this email and to validate your email address:..."

anyone else getting these? are they real or spam?

thank you

Rubber Duck
1st March 2016, 11:33 AM
Any other registrar, I would say Real, but with Moniker it must be Spam.

i keep getting following emails from moniker:

"Subject: Final Request for email address validation
Dear registrant or prospective registrant,

due to the requirements under the ICANN Registrar Accreditation Agreement we are required to confirm the validity of the email address provided for the domain name registration application or contact creation.

You will only have to do this once for each email address used.

Please click on the following link to confirm that you have received
this email and to validate your email address:..."

anyone else getting these? are they real or spam?

thank you

domainguru
1st March 2016, 04:02 PM
depends if you are getting it from the registrar from where your names are ... dah

mxfusion
2nd March 2016, 01:21 AM
depends if you are getting it from the registrar from where your names are ... dah

I just received one email asking me to verify my email address. They even got my domain and registrar name correct.

But after whoising the domain name in the link and doing some googling, I determined that it's fake.

domainguru
2nd March 2016, 03:30 AM
I just received one email asking me to verify my email address. They even got my domain and registrar name correct.

But after whoising the domain name in the link and doing some googling, I determined that it's fake.

Sounds like someone is phishing using WHOIS .... so as with any email you get that contains a link, examine the link to ascertain whether its real or not.

But registrars ARE required to send out emails to registrants asking them to confirm the WHOIS details are valid and up to date, another stupid ICANN "innovation" that actually achieves bugger all !!

Rubber Duck
2nd March 2016, 06:17 AM
Sounds like someone is phishing using WHOIS .... so as with any email you get that contains a link, examine the link to ascertain whether its real or not.

But registrars ARE required to send out emails to registrants asking them to confirm the WHOIS details are valid and up to date, another stupid ICANN "innovation" that actually achieves bugger all !!

Achieving "bugger all" has been its core mission since its inception. Must be written in its charter somewhere.

domainguru
2nd March 2016, 01:14 PM
Its a "please everyone" committee - we shouldn't expect any more

Rubber Duck
3rd March 2016, 05:10 AM
Its a "please everyone" committee - we shouldn't expect any more

Everyone Special Interest holder apart from the ordinary Domain Holder which was the reason they were created in the first place.