PDA

View Full Version : Verisign's FAILURE to Launch .コム

idnowner
15th March 2016, 02:44 PM
I just spoke with Dynadot on chat.

I asked if the failed launch of .コム would be resolved today.

They said, "...cannot say whether it will be done today."

I asked if there will be premium pricing during the Priority Access period.

They said, "That is information we have not been given at this time."

A few days ago, I sent an e-mail to Verisign, asking about pricing.

Verisign said, "Regarding premium pricing for .COM Japanese TLD domains, please check with your registrar if the IDN .COM domains you have registered are a premium .COM Japanese domains. If they are, your registrar will have the pricing for those premium .COM Japanese domains. The pricing for premium .COM Japanese domains is available to registrars. If the registrar needs any additional information about any particular domain, please ask them to contact our Customer Service for assistance."

So, now on launch day, we must continue to wait.

Apart from Clipper's three registrations (at 101domain submitted to their queue?), are there any known sites that have successfully launched?

NAME.com may not be ready either, with the note on their IDN page (https://www.name.com/domains/xn--tckwe): ".コム domains are pending release "

Hopefully, we will awake from this ongoing nightmare.

THE MUSHROOMS NEED SOME LIGHT!

NOTE: JUST RELEASED:

Video of Verisign's Launch of .コム:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7KBF7kk1DM

15th March 2016, 03:05 PM
A few days ago, I sent an e-mail to Verisign, asking about pricing.

I did the same and was given a somewhat confusing answer. No real information.

Apart from Clipper's three registrations (at 101domain submitted to their queue?), are there any known sites that have successfully launched?

I don't know of any. Almost no one does Priority Access. The only ones I know are Name.com and Dynadot.com. Probably because they have a lot of IDNs registered with them and they don't want to lose customers.

From my understanding 101domains does not do real-time registration. You can't register with them (yet). They do already take your money but be careful and check terms and conditions. It's possible that there are no refunds if the registration is not successful. They can't guarantee you the registration neither are they able to register a domain for you ATM i believe.

clipper
15th March 2016, 05:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7KBF7kk1DM

12 hours later, and they still say pending activation.
ポッドキャスト.コム

clipper
15th March 2016, 10:52 PM
12 hours later, and they still say pending activation.
ポッドキャスト.コム

First one's resolving: ふたなり.コム

They told me the others were registered under General Availability (which is entirely possible) and are trying to switch them.

Drewbert
15th March 2016, 10:56 PM
Congrats! Will be interesting to see if it was the first one regged under priority.

I've managed to get a couple of orders created on Dynadot, but both have produced errors and the orders are held up.

idn
15th March 2016, 11:06 PM
Congrats! Will be interesting to see if it was the first one regged under priority.

I've managed to get a couple of orders created on Dynadot, but both have produced errors and the orders are held up.

Apparently dynadot is only supporting ascii.コム at this time.

squirrel
15th March 2016, 11:06 PM
Apparently dynadot is only supporting ascii.コム at this time.

:lol:

Drewbert
15th March 2016, 11:08 PM
Did April 1 come around with me realising?

idn
15th March 2016, 11:25 PM
Did April 1 come around with me realising?

Nope, this is the truth.

idn
15th March 2016, 11:26 PM
:lol:

wish i was kidding. I can register tomich.コム without a problem. I'm not joking!

IdnHost
15th March 2016, 11:31 PM
wish i was kidding. I can register tomich.コム without a problem. I'm not joking!

what a joke this is turning out to be!

sbe18
15th March 2016, 11:47 PM
The japanese romanji landrush was obviously plan A.
Posted via Mobile Device

16th March 2016, 09:34 AM
ASCII isn't working for me either.

https://www.dynadot.com/domain/search.html?domain=randomrandom.%E3%82%B3%E3%83%A0&search=Search

Rubber Duck
16th March 2016, 11:41 AM
Let's be straight this is Registrar Level failure.

Dynadot have not coded the Language Tag.

16th March 2016, 02:30 PM

The registry website nic.コム does not resolve. This tells us all we need to know.

idnowner
16th March 2016, 03:24 PM
The registry website nic.コム does not resolve. This tells us all we need to know.

You gotta type in H, T, T, P, colon, slash slash..... (with "webwhois.")

http://webwhois.nic.コム/

Rubber Duck
16th March 2016, 03:42 PM
If I can Whois Drubert's IDNs at ICANN then I think we can assume that Registry is working.