PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got any traffic on your .コム?

mxfusion
21st March 2016, 04:03 AM
As I see it, there's no type in for this extension.

It's money down the drain. Luckily, most of my registration was blocked. I don't think I'll be registering another one - I'm not even talking about premiums.

idnowner
21st March 2016, 02:02 PM
OVER 200 .コム IDNs on ParkingCrew, and ZERO traffic.

But, I expect this to double or triple by next week.

mxfusion
21st March 2016, 02:34 PM

double or triple of zero is still zero. ;)

Rubber Duck
21st March 2016, 02:39 PM
Brushing past the inability to grasp irony, I am expecting some change as Parking Crew is not updating normally. I think they have some technical issues relating to this extension.

IDN Domains
21st March 2016, 04:41 PM
zero confirmed (on PC)

Brushing past the inability to grasp irony, I am expecting some change as Parking Crew is not updating normally. I think they have some technical issues relating to this extension.

never hoped my parking platform to be broken, but now hopefully this is really the case

mxfusion
22nd March 2016, 02:33 AM

Good guess. I checked the parking page, it appears to be loading ok. Let see if the view will register in parkingcrew.com today.

clipper
22nd March 2016, 03:45 AM
Two of mine have been visited and show PC stats, but I posted both on this forum when first regging them.

bwhhisc
22nd March 2016, 02:42 PM

:lol:

Rubber Duck
23rd March 2016, 06:57 AM
I might be wrong here, but I am actually getting the impression that traffic to IDN.コム is being credited to IDN.com. Furthermore, I rather suspect that it is a Google error.

Now that is not such a problem in the Priority Access Phase, but I would suggest it needs fixing before Landrush.

mxfusion
23rd March 2016, 07:25 AM
I might be wrong here, but I am actually getting the impression that traffic to IDN.コム is being credited to IDN.com. Furthermore, I rather suspect that it is a Google error.

Now that is not such a problem in the Priority Access Phase, but I would suggest it needs fixing before Landrush.

I don't know about clicks, but uniques on IDN.コムdoes get registered in ParkingCrew. I saw my own view on Monday, the only one. You can try by loading your own page.

My guess is that there won't be any traffic until the IDN.コムis indexed by Yahoo or google.

Rubber Duck
23rd March 2016, 08:10 AM
I don't know about clicks, but uniques on IDN.コムdoes get registered in ParkingCrew. I saw my own view on Monday, the only one. You can try by loading your own page.

My guess is that there won't be any traffic until the IDN.コムis indexed by Yahoo or google.

The problem is I think they are being indexed but as IDN.com. Indexing creates Uniques, and I seem to be getting them but on the wrong extension.

I don't think Google can tell them apart.

Now if that is not confusingly similar, I hate to think what is!

23rd March 2016, 01:04 PM
The problem is I think they are being indexed but as IDN.com. Indexing creates Uniques, and I seem to be getting them but on the wrong extension.

I don't think Google can tell them apart.

Now if that is not confusingly similar, I hate to think what is!

It is possible that Google does not know the . コム extension and does not recognize it as a valid extension. In that case they would unable to index it. That would probably change soon.

idnowner
23rd March 2016, 04:34 PM
It is possible that Google does not know the . コム extension and does not recognize it as a valid extension. In that case they would unable to index it. That would probably change soon.

By default, .コム is aliased to .みんな

clipper
24th March 2016, 04:21 AM
Some, including GMO, are indexed:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=site%3A.%E3%82%B3%E3%83%A0

Rubber Duck
24th March 2016, 05:38 AM
I am of the view that they have been indexed and that earnings are being accrued, perhaps not much, but for some reason, probably because they cannabalised script from elsewhere the names are getting translated back as IDN.com for the earnings reports to Parking Crew. Asterix from 17th still active and graph not updating. Earnings seemed to have recovered, so what was broken may be partially fixed.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#safe=off&q=site%3A.%E3%82%B3%E3%83%A0

Drewbert
24th March 2016, 07:09 AM

So firstplace.com managed to score 1.コム and 2.コム via TM?

How the hell does THAT work?

Kent99
24th March 2016, 07:13 AM
Somebody gamed the system on that 1

Rubber Duck
24th March 2016, 07:23 AM
TMCH was alway fraud in the first place.

And if ICANN are not simply idiots then they are complicit.

24th March 2016, 12:15 PM
So firstplace.com managed to score 1.コム and 2.コム via TM?

How the hell does THAT work?

they have single letters as well.

Rubber Duck
24th March 2016, 03:06 PM
Actually that is brilliant.

It should provide all the publicity we need. :lol:

sbe18
24th March 2016, 06:40 PM
they have single letters as well.

Vowels or consonants. .. ?
Posted via Mobile Device

mxfusion
25th March 2016, 06:44 AM
Here's a side by side comparison of my .com and .コム equivalent. There has been a sudden increase in clicks on my .com over the past 7 days which I don't know if is a coincidence. I can't figure it.

Note:
1. That's one unique on my .コム is probably me. :)
2. My .コム hasn't been indexed yet.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/htda2o.jpg

alpha
26th March 2016, 08:13 AM
There has been a sudden increase in clicks on my .com over the past 7 days which I don't know if is a coincidence. I can't figure it.

I too have seen this.
here's what I know:

On March 15th I registered all my matching .コム
Parking Crew stats show that traffic spiked on the 15th & 16th by an increase of 5x
The traffic increase was to .coms
There is the odd view to .コム but it's the .com that has seen the traffic

from the 17th, the traffic drops back down again

conclusion: maybe they got indexed briefly, received a bunch of SE traffic, then got treated like all other parked pages.

alternate conclusion:
because name.com messed up and allowed me to reg all for $12.99, on March 17 they deleted all premium priced domains, as I refused to pay [just yet]
so maybe the traffic dropped simply because the domains were deleted.

Of those they deleted, 2 of them priced at ~$187, have always contributed the most traffic of all my jps, they have consistently delivered traffic... so I registered the matching .コム again, to see what happens to the traffic over the next few days.

final conclusion: it's too much of a coincidence that my traffic spiked on the 15th. Traffic is either being redirected to the .com or simply being recorded against the .com, but either way, it's showing in stats on the .com
The only question unanswered is if the spike in traffic was temporary.
will report back in a few days.

clipper
26th March 2016, 10:10 AM
My data is just too weird... 100% increase (double the traffic) to IDNs on March 16, but most of the rise was other languages. Japanese has stayed flat.

Wish I could come up with an explanation, but it's just weird.

clipper
26th March 2016, 10:19 AM
I too have seen this.
here's what I know:

On March 15th I registered all my matching .コム
Parking Crew stats show that traffic spiked on the 15th & 16th by an increase of 5x
The traffic increase was to .coms
There is the odd view to .コム but it's the .com that has seen the traffic

from the 17th, the traffic drops back down again

conclusion: maybe they got indexed briefly, received a bunch of SE traffic, then got treated like all other parked pages.

alternate conclusion:
because name.com messed up and allowed me to reg all for $12.99, on March 17 they deleted all premium priced domains, as I refused to pay [just yet]
so maybe the traffic dropped simply because the domains were deleted.

Of those they deleted, 2 of them priced at ~$187, have always contributed the most traffic of all my jps, they have consistently delivered traffic... so I registered the matching .コム again, to see what happens to the traffic over the next few days.

final conclusion: it's too much of a coincidence that my traffic spiked on the 15th. Traffic is either being redirected to the .com or simply being recorded against the .com, but either way, it's showing in stats on the .com
The only question unanswered is if the spike in traffic was temporary.
will report back in a few days.

Are we all using Parkingcrew? I like them and all, but the possibility is that they're fucking up or (worse) hiding traffic/clicks.

Weird that on the 16th, right after launch, we both seem to have a big boost and it goes away.

alpha
26th March 2016, 04:21 PM
Are we all using Parkingcrew? I like them and all, but the possibility is that they're fucking up or (worse) hiding traffic/clicks.

Weird that on the 16th, right after launch, we both seem to have a big boost and it goes away.

Maybe they forgot to turn the fiddle knob right up, but only noticed a couple of days later

Drewbert
27th March 2016, 06:54 AM
It takes a couple of days for the "upstream provider" to decide exactly how much it is going to screw the traffic providers.

mxfusion
27th March 2016, 08:14 AM
It takes a couple of days for the "upstream provider" to decide exactly how much it is going to screw the traffic providers.

We really need the equivalent of uber and airbnb to bypass all those intermediaries that have been screwing the traffic providers and the advertisers as well.

Rubber Duck
27th March 2016, 08:27 AM
Uber has established itself as an Intermediary!!!

alpha
30th March 2016, 04:36 AM
Update: in short: No traffic increase.
The 16th/17th appear to be an unrelated blip

Rubber Duck
30th March 2016, 07:37 AM
No traffic is good as Google only ban domains with traffic, and with IDN they ban everything with lots of traffic. Why would you want traffic? Nothing but a worry!

mxfusion
30th March 2016, 08:36 AM
No traffic is good as Google only ban domains with traffic, and with IDN they ban everything with lots of traffic. Why would you want traffic? Nothing but a worry!

From my observation, Google bans anything with too much referral traffic from any website other than from Google.com.

Rubber Duck
30th March 2016, 08:40 AM
From my observation, Google bans anything with too much referral traffic from any website other than from Google.com.

Yes, including Parking Revenue sites.

I have never developed anything or cheated on traffic but the consistent them has been that if it gets traffic it gets banned.

There was a hope that with IDN.コム things would be different, but if they have no traffic then it is really rather academic.