PDA

View Full Version : Verisign permits .コム reg on new transfers

Jay
8th April 2016, 05:43 PM
Just in case not everyone is aware, Verisign is permitting .コム registrations for .com transfers during the matching period. So if you have names stranded at a registrar that doesn't allow .コム registrations or is not competitively priced, you can move them.

Drewbert
9th April 2016, 05:55 AM
That's good news. Thanks.

mxfusion
9th April 2016, 06:40 AM
Just in case not everyone is aware, Verisign is permitting .コム registrations for .com transfers during the matching period. So if you have names stranded at a registrar that doesn't allow .コム registrations or is not competitively priced, you can move them.

Hi Jay, thanks. Very good news. I've names stranded at Moniker. ;)

Jay
9th April 2016, 08:31 AM
Yeah I'm gonna put it to the test too. Got a bunch of names stranded at Big Rock from Snapnames auctions.

catchnames
9th April 2016, 03:44 PM
pardon my ignorance which language .コム is in? I have hindiIDNs.com and name.com is offering to register my hindiIDNS.com to hindiIDNS..コム

Rubber Duck
9th April 2016, 04:27 PM
pardon my ignorance which language .コム is in? I have hindiIDNs.com and name.com is offering to register my hindiIDNS.com to hindiIDNS..コム

It is one of handful of scripts used in Japanese.

This one is widely used but mostly for non-japanese words.

catchnames
9th April 2016, 05:08 PM
Thank You for reply.
It is one of handful of scripts used in Japanese.

This one is widely used but mostly for non-japanese words.

Jay
12th April 2016, 04:19 PM
So I asked Dynadot if, in the case a .com is transferred to a different owner during the priority access period, would the new owner be able to register the .コム equivalent? Here is their answer:

They would only be able to participate if they are transferring from a registrar that is NOT participating in the priority access period to one that is.

Also, the domain must have been created 5 days before the start of the priority access period.

Best Regards,
Eli Acebedo
Dynadot Support Team

squirrel
12th April 2016, 08:13 PM
Is that the rule only if there is a change of ownership ?

Jay
12th April 2016, 09:23 PM
Is that the rule only if there is a change of ownership ?

I believe you can also move them as the original owner as well (I have some being transferred now from Big Rock to Dynadot, so I'll let you know in a few days whether I can register the .コム equivalent).

But now I'm wondering whether there might be a prohibition on moving them from another registrar that also offers .コム registrations - e.g., 101 --> Dynadot. Has anyone successfully done this?

mxfusion
21st April 2016, 06:49 AM
I believe you can also move them as the original owner as well (I have some being transferred now from Big Rock to Dynadot, so I'll let you know in a few days whether I can register the .コム equivalent).

But now I'm wondering whether there might be a prohibition on moving them from another registrar that also offers .コム registrations - e.g., 101 --> Dynadot. Has anyone successfully done this?

Has anyone tried moving from say 101 to Dynadot or Name.com and still able to register the .コム? :)

Edwin
21st April 2016, 08:34 AM
I'm getting a "charset problem" error message on the order for a .コム registration matching a domain name that I just moved to Dynadot. Any idea what that means?

Jay
21st April 2016, 08:38 AM
I'm getting a "charset problem" error message on the order for a .コム registration matching a domain name that I just moved to Dynadot. Any idea what that means?

Character set issue. I had the same problem with one of mine that I moved. I emailed Dynadot and they fixed it up.

Edwin
21st April 2016, 02:07 PM
Character set issue. I had the same problem with one of mine that I moved. I emailed Dynadot and they fixed it up.

Thanks. Tried 3 times then passed it to Dynadot support. Hopefully they'll find the glitch and sort it out soon.

Brent
22nd April 2016, 05:41 PM
I am having the same issue. I transferred one of my .coms as a test yesterday and got the same error. Got this from Dynadot support:

Yes, we have seen this before. We think it has to do with the domain being recently transferred to us. As if there is a small holding period before name matching will work. Last time I saw this issue, the customer was able to register the JPN domains a few days later. Our engineers will keep working on capturing the specifics of the error but maybe you could try the order again in a few days.

Tried again today and same error so will try again probably Monday since that will have been "a few days."

Edwin
25th April 2016, 09:23 PM
Mine all worked today, after failing several times on April 21st...