PDA

View Full Version : Did Dynadot just raise .コム to $199.99???

clipper
15th May 2016, 03:52 AM
Nevermind, landrush.

Avtal
15th May 2016, 05:01 AM
I just noticed the same thing.

In theory, landrush doesn't start until May 16, 0:00 UTC. If you use Dynadot's bulk IDN search to look for a domain you don't own, you get the message "Priority Access until Sun, 15 May 2016 17:00:00 PST." So we should still be in Priority Access, not Landrush.

This means the price should not have gone up yet. I sent an email to Dynadot support (they won't be in until 9:00 Sunday morning Pacific time), since I was thinking of doing some last-minute shopping.

Avtal

Jay
15th May 2016, 05:11 AM
Registrars confused as always.

clipper
15th May 2016, 05:11 AM
I just noticed the same thing.

In theory, landrush doesn't start until May 16, 0:00 UTC. If you use Dynadot's bulk IDN search to look for a domain you don't own, you get the message "Priority Access until Sun, 15 May 2016 17:00:00 PST." So we should still be in Priority Access, not Landrush.

This means the price should not have gone up yet. I sent an email to Dynadot support (they won't be in until 9:00 Sunday morning Pacific time), since I was thinking of doing some last-minute shopping.

Avtal

Yeah, the time is weird. According to 101domain, Priority ended at 0:00 UTC, so there might be some dead space here between the end of Priority reg and the beginning of Landrush.

idn
15th May 2016, 12:23 PM
Yeah, the time is weird. According to 101domain, Priority ended at 0:00 UTC, so there might be some dead space here between the end of Priority reg and the beginning of Landrush.

More ridiculously. Every one has different times and priority access was planned to be an auction if more than one person ordered.

Drewbert
15th May 2016, 01:15 PM
It appears as if Dynadot has half-transitioned to landrush.

I still can only register priority domains of mine, but the base price has shot up to $199.99

Premium's are still at their old price.

mulligan
15th May 2016, 02:26 PM
Looks like all my $12.50 .コム have now shot up to $199.99, I was going to register those today. What happened to Priority Access being until 15th May??

15th May 2016, 03:54 PM
the next wave of looting starts at midnight.. non-refundable fee of $200. You pay to play and might end up with nothing but a $200 bill. :-p

Avtal
15th May 2016, 04:56 PM
I just chatted with someone at Dynadot. They are aware of the problem (premature jump to landrush pricing) and are working to fix it. Time estimate (no guarantees) was maybe an hour from now.

Avtal

alpha
15th May 2016, 04:59 PM
I just chatted with someone at Dynadot. They are aware of the problem (premature jump to landrush pricing) and are working to fix it. Time estimate (no guarantees) was maybe an hour from now.

Avtal

I am seeing Enom reg's all over the place, it seems they started landrush regs already

15th May 2016, 05:08 PM

Avtal

what do they mean with fixing it? You can't reverse premature registrations?

Avtal
15th May 2016, 05:17 PM
what do they mean with fixing it? You can't reverse premature registrations?

Different issue. Dynadot currently allows only the .com registrant to register the corresponding .コム domain, until the Priority Access period ends (6 hours or so from now). But they boosted the registration price to $199.99 (Landrush price) 24 hours early. So Priority Access only, but at Landrush prices.

It sounds like some other registrars are already allowing anyone to purchase .コム domains with no restrictions, at Landrush prices. But that's not the problem that Dynadot is trying to fix.

Avtal

Avtal
15th May 2016, 05:24 PM
Dynadot has fixed the pricing problem. I was able to register a couple of my Priority Access domains at the usual price. I haven't tested whether it is possible to register domains that I have no right to.

Avtal

bwhhisc
15th May 2016, 07:51 PM
https://www.dynadot.com/domain/%E3%82%B3%E3%83%A0.html

clipper
15th May 2016, 08:11 PM
I am seeing Enom reg's all over the place, it seems they started landrush regs already

Guilty. Let's see what happens.

bwhhisc
15th May 2016, 09:01 PM
Dynadot has fixed the pricing problem. I was able to register a couple of my Priority Access domains at the usual price. I haven't tested whether it is possible to register domains that I have no right to.

Avtal

some are, but I am seeing $190, $340 as well at dynadot.

their support went offline.

clipper
16th May 2016, 05:03 AM
some are, but I am seeing $190, $340 as well at dynadot.

their support went offline.

Congrats, Bill. Wow, just wow.