PDA

View Full Version : so what is going on?

blackpower
23rd April 2017, 10:13 PM
anybody could give a timeline for russians and japanese if one exists? and overall, WTF is happening?

sbe18
23rd April 2017, 11:55 PM
Opinion:
Japanese dot com in idn.idn is not doing well currently.
poor in market.
poor in aftermarket.
Poor in Verisign marketing for sure.

Russian.

I believe the dot com as dot KOM in idn.idn for Russian is likely to be better than the Japanese and Korean rollout.

This market endured through the dot RU vs dot RF vs dot py (cyrillic) .
So the introduction of dot KOM as idn.idn should not be a shocking marketing attempt.

But I am anticipating that Verisign will conduct bullshit premium pricing in an absurd and poor manner again.

my 2 cents.

from a marketing stand point.... I think Arabic is likely to be the best.
mobile phone as primary internet and web access , a Right to left idn.idn will be really helpful for businesses in the Arabic speaking world. but more years of waiting is apparent here.

s/

blackpower
24th April 2017, 07:12 AM
thanks! My concern with russians is that it's a BS country and can disintegrate any moment now. 1.7 % of world economy and rapidly deteriorating.
It used to be awash with money because of rampant corruption but now the money is over, it seems.

Jay
25th April 2017, 03:55 PM
Yet the Russians still love Putin!

blackpower
25th April 2017, 05:40 PM
Yet the Russians still love Putin!

And the north coreans love the next Kim!

DktoInc
26th April 2017, 02:35 AM
And the north coreans love the next Kim!

Our supreme and glorious leader will make America Great Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnLabOHyz2Y

dave_5
26th April 2017, 09:18 PM
I'm waiting for Hebrew. :confused:

sbe18
27th July 2017, 01:23 PM
Is there any word on Russian or Arabic 'dot com' in IDN from Verisign ?e
I couldn't find anything on their site except for the old announcements of the list of ICANN submissions.

idnowner
27th July 2017, 09:27 PM
anybody could give a timeline for russians and japanese if one exists? and overall, WTF is happening?

According to Verisign's site at:
https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/sunrise-claims-periods/xn--tckwe

Trademark Claims Period: 13 June 2016 to 31 December 2017

They may have punted the ball, and maybe will get into full promotion in 2018.

I'm also guessing that a lot of technical tinkering is still going on under the hood.

htmlindex
4th August 2017, 10:47 AM
It's been a while since I've been on this forum. Has there been much happening in the IDN space in the past 8 months or so or are we still in a very quiet phase?

Drewbert
6th August 2017, 04:53 AM
Only thing that's happened in the last 8 months is tons of deletions.

jacksonm
8th August 2017, 06:25 PM
IDNs are dead and those who cashed out on them early on, mostly due to fraud and swindling, are the only winners. There was one person on this forum who was particularly virulent with the pump-and-dump scheme, named rubberdick. Not sure if he/she still exists, but the main push was chinese domains.

I sold an arabic football team (al-ittihad.com) back in 2009 for about 10 grand along with a few other 1k sales. That was enough to recoup most of the other speculative losses.

This game is mostly a sham, move along and dig for gold somewhere else.

blackpower
8th August 2017, 07:06 PM
you say, domains are sham? Very strong, no?
Domains still are cool; As a business owner, I realize their value and it's enormous.
Domaining is changing, that's all.

9th August 2017, 05:51 PM
It's been a while since I've been on this forum. Has there been much happening in the IDN space in the past 8 months or so or are we still in a very quiet phase?

IDNs are mostly dead.

techguy
11th August 2017, 02:48 PM
Let's wait for someone from this forum to back IDNs up again just like how they did in early 2008. :lol:

DktoInc
12th August 2017, 04:47 AM
For me personaly it's been 8 years, what a lesson. I truly believe that everyone involved in idn.com on this forum now has a master's degree in speculation. Other than that it's been fun.

blackpower
12th August 2017, 07:31 AM
Our supreme and glorious leader will make America Great Again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnLabOHyz2Y

Our Supreme Leader may do many things before he is locked up....

Kent99
12th August 2017, 03:22 PM
Thought there would be a little more action on this thread after Jacksonm's post. Anyone? ...Anyone?

Avtal
12th August 2017, 04:22 PM
Still here, not much to say.

Lots of bumps along the way. Maybe some pumping and dumping in the early days, but I wouldn't know; I mostly did my own dropcatching. We can list the things ICANN did wrong, and the things Verisign continues to do wrong.

But the main "blame", if that's the right word, goes to the end users. End users who write with Latin-based alphabets are uninterested in domains with diacritcal marks. And people who write with non-Latin-based systems prefer domain names in Latin (really ascii) characters, or all numbers, over their own system.

Don't know why, but that's the direction things have gone.

Anyway, it has been entertaining, and I've learned a few things. But it has not been profitable.

Avtal

P.S. Hi jacksonm, I'm glad you stopped by.

12th August 2017, 05:15 PM
Thought there would be a little more action on this thread after Jacksonm's post. Anyone? ...Anyone?

They are dead... IDNs have failed. It is well possible that they will never be popular. I would focus my attention elsewhere.

Kent99
12th August 2017, 05:48 PM
Too bad we are a few years late on the crypto game. But I guess that remains to be seen.

Drewbert
13th August 2017, 08:44 PM
Browser authors also carry blame - not just IDN's but all domains are suffering due to Firefox etc selling their souls to Google.

sunsei21
14th August 2017, 12:37 AM
Too bad we are a few years late on the crypto game. But I guess that remains to be seen.

to late to turn 100$ into a a few million but not to late to trade your way up and no renewals on cryptos you either make money or lose money but you dont pay to yearly to stay in the game :)

andre
15th August 2017, 03:14 PM
you say, domains are sham? Very strong, no?
Domains still are cool; As a business owner, I realize their value and it's enormous.
Domaining is changing, that's all.

.рф IDNs seem to be doing very well

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=site:.рф

André 小山 Schappo

IDNCowboy
11th January 2018, 01:50 AM
Drewbert, do you still own alot of IDN's? How's the type in now?

Drewbert
11th January 2018, 02:04 AM
Guessing under 1000 now, from a peak of maybe 8000? Dropping more too.

With Chrome dominating Firefox now, and Google getting more data from more sources, domain type-ins will continue to decline. Parking companies are surely regretting putting all their eggs in one basket. Domainers certainly are.

IDNCowboy
11th January 2018, 02:16 AM

With Chrome dominating Firefox now, and Google getting more data from more sources, domain type-ins will continue to decline. Parking companies are surely regretting putting all their eggs in one basket. Domainers certainly are.

ouch so whats your big investment now? bitcoin ?:)

blackpower
11th January 2018, 10:52 PM

Developing any?
I will keep the very best 200-300 only; And start a couple of sites;
My domains are 99% Portuguese and Brazil is doing great now!
Their stock market is booming; I recommend.