PDA

View Full Version : moskva.com $5,600 Sedo

blackpower
13th May 2017, 08:58 AM
This shows the current place of Russia in the World- and future prospects, I think.....

Drewbert
14th May 2017, 03:03 PM
Sheesh. I would have expected it to go for a bit more than that.

blackpower
14th May 2017, 03:12 PM
Death of Empire....
If I had real estate in Moskva now, I d hurry to get rid of it

IdnHost
15th May 2017, 12:26 PM
Death of Empire....
If I had real estate in Moskva now, I d hurry to get rid of it

I remember reading somewhere that realestate in Moscow recently fell by 10%

blackpower
15th May 2017, 12:33 PM
Not only this... in 2013 a dollar was 33 rubles; in 2016 it was over 68
So, in two years real estate dropped 50% (in dollars)
But imho this is just the beginning.
Empires just don't work today.

sbe18
15th May 2017, 06:49 PM
A Russian friend said to me...Our nation wasted $50 billion on Sochi..what do you expect ?

blackpower
15th May 2017, 07:09 PM
A Russian friend said to me...Our nation wasted $50 billion on Sochi..what do you expect ?

It's not only Sochi; This country works as being an absolute monarchy;
One boss guy at the top encircled by a gang of criminals and a ladder of servants all the way down;
And the biggest problem, even if Putin goes, they will recreate this setup.
Very sad;
well, let's see where it ends up.

Wot
16th May 2017, 08:49 AM
It's not only Sochi; This country works as being an absolute monarchy;
One boss guy at the top encircled by a gang of criminals and a ladder of servants all the way down;
And the biggest problem, even if Putin goes, they will recreate this setup.
Very sad;
well, let's see where it ends up.

A similar problem occurring where I live.

Dimkin
16th May 2017, 09:24 PM
This shows the current place of Russia in the World- and future prospects, I think.....

Unfortunately, this shows prospects of dot com in Russia. imho.

17th May 2017, 11:12 AM
i dropped all my russian domains.. no regrets so far

blackpower
18th May 2017, 11:04 AM
Anything russian is a toxic asset these days; Trump is about to find this out with media reports like this:

"Flynn and Russian ambassador worked to set up back channel between Trump and Putin to bypass US government
Michael Flynn and other advisers to Donald Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last seven months of the 2016 presidential race, current and former U.S. officials familiar with the exchanges told Reuters. "

clipper
20th May 2017, 05:21 PM
Anything russian is a toxic asset these days

I always felt that geopolitical or global financial instability would be the downfall of IDNs; I just never dreamed that it would happen before they even became viable (single-character set) domains. Definitely time to adjust expectations and time horizon.

blackpower
21st May 2017, 10:34 AM
I don't know.... Idns are just domains.... We should talk domains not idns at this point, I think.
Economy is the key, of course;
So which country has better future? As far as Russia, I never touched russian domains since 2004 when I started with idns besides speaking native russian; Simply because I expect this country crumble further.
This does not mean russian are worthless; In fact I just bought a couple of russian domains and plan to develop them.
Developed, yes, they might work; But only in some selective fields(and this is why one need to understand the country). But parking, speculating etc-forget about this, imho. Russia is becoming The Evil Empire!
There is always a risk. Spread it and be fine!
P.S. I still think that from all idns, Portuguese is the safest bet, although a long one; Brazil is a stable market despite all political turmoil in the papers; They just have their own brazilian way of developing :). Slow. VERY Slow. But whoever lived in Latin America or Africa is not surprised.
But their institutions are strong and they are a long way from more explosives parts of the World.
I like prospects of China but politically they are an unknown for the future.