PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone buying IDNs anymore?

NameYourself
1st February 2018, 06:23 AM
anyone??

blackpower
1st February 2018, 09:07 AM
Of course!
But I am also dropping all crap that I had a lot and keeping only the best domains;
Also the criteria has changed a lot during this 15 years :-o
I still have domains from 2001-2003 but also some great ones from latest drops;
I am also starting developing finally some domains.
Parking is showing signs of revival lately but imho keeping domains just for parking does not make sense anymore (at least for me).

thegenius1
1st February 2018, 11:55 PM
The Japanese are.. I buy more crypto then IDNS these days but no shortage of stuff taken

sbe18
2nd February 2018, 06:00 AM
I still own IDN's.
But I dropped 100's when Verisign did not roll out all of the idn/idn com's and net's at the same time.
Now, my portfolio is vast majority ASCII.
I changed strategy in European , to drop all IDN's and keep ASCII's.
Sadly, two word domains, but highly searched and millions of results.

I really thought IDN.cn and IDN.com in Chinese would take off after the Olympics in Beijing in 2008, when all government sites created idn.cn or idn.gov.cn of their sites.

Sadly, I missed the 4L and 4N Chinese domainer mania of the last 3 years.

In my opinion, the sweet spot in ASCII is to sell 2 and 3 word domains for low $X,XXX .

Hunting for the $XX,XXX has become 10x more difficult.
Parking is dismal.
my 2 cents.

Steve

jose
5th February 2018, 03:44 PM
DNForum.com is currently for sale along with it's database of 535,000 Domainers. Many of the Domainers have more than 10-10000 domains. Lots of potential business for the right company. If interested email sales@dnforum.com with an offer or any questions you may have. Only offers received through the email will be considered. This will be a fast, smooth escrow.com transaction.

DNForum.com Management