PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here use "Domain Research Tool"

rolf
5th June 2006, 11:31 PM
I am thinking of purchasing it.

http://www.domainresearchtool.com/

This is a non affiliate link and I have nothing to do with the company.

But I hear it is used by the pros.

Anyone here have any experience with it?

Is it worth the 250 bucks?

Rubber Duck
6th June 2006, 12:50 AM
I am thinking of purchasing it.

http://www.domainresearchtool.com/

This is a non affiliate link and I have nothing to do with the company.

But I hear it is used by the pros.

Anyone here have any experience with it?

Is it worth the 250 bucks?

For the time being this kind of tool is utterly worthless for IDN.

The ASCII Pros wouldn't use this as they are a whole lot more sophisticated than that!

If you are really serious about researching domains coming up for expiry, then Domainguru is you man, but it is going to cost you more than $250 bucks.

bwhhisc
6th June 2006, 02:03 AM
Save your money, at least for the time being. There is no shortage of good idns (not necessarily the premium single words mind you) domains waiting to be registered. You should be able to read back thru the threads here, and learn and see what others have registered and put that knowledge to good use. Many are registered in Chinese and Japanese, but can be done effectively in Indian scripts, or Arabic, or French.

The online translators do not always have the "only" way to say words (read Chinese threads on "real estate" at least 2 good ways to say it, and "hotel" maybe 2 or 3 good ways to say it). Find good terms and branch out into other languages, you can find other words in dictionaries to make combinations and check ovt and google scores to see if worth registering. You can also pm people and negotiate for their unreg'd lists, or even tailgate on their .nets. That only increases the value of their .com!

rolf
6th June 2006, 11:20 AM
thanks, I heard it was good for new regs (not drops or expiring) of the non-IDN variety.

Is this the case?

I find it difficult to believe that an application can improve chances of finding new regs.

domainguru
6th June 2006, 11:33 AM
To be honest, I think you are asking in the wrong forum. This is a forum about IDNs, not about ASCII domain tools.