PDA

View Full Version : HELLO! Anyone Here?

gregg
1st April 2020, 07:14 PM
Just checking...

If IDNs were going to be big, it would have happened by now.

Or, is there any hope, anytime soon?

Gregg
(idnowner)

Kent99
1st April 2020, 08:01 PM
Well I'm here. But I don't think many others are. As for hope, there is always hope. I'm not sure about anytime soon though. Just heard of another person I know exiting the IDN business.

tee1
1st April 2020, 08:04 PM
Hello......

those that drop out give more drops for those still chasing :)

Kent99
1st April 2020, 08:10 PM
Well, I'm glad you are here as a Moderator, Tee1. Thanks for being here and deleting spam and all the other stuff you do.

tee1
3rd April 2020, 02:43 AM
Well, I'm glad you are here as a Moderator, Tee1. Thanks for being here and deleting spam and all the other stuff you do.
Thanks Kent, I just keep waiting until IDNers are famous, rich, and desired by international models :cool:

IdnHost
4th May 2020, 03:29 AM
Thanks Kent, I just keep waiting until IDNers are famous, rich, and desired by international models :cool:

In case I miss the memo, someone please send me a pm

bwhhisc
5th May 2020, 02:47 PM
Greetings....have a look this might answer some of your questions.

https://youtu.be/r-7eSd43d6E

Kent99
5th May 2020, 08:59 PM
Only 39 views of that video and 2 or 3 of those were my views. It seems we are a long way away from universal acceptance of IDN's.

IdnHost
7th May 2020, 03:23 AM
Noticed the russian regg`s still hold strong. Every russian city with a pop. of 400K plus still taken. Russian first names are mostly gone (good ones anyway). Some good terms are still available, but few. Realistically though, how long are people willing to wait for anything to change. 15+ years down the pipe and still minimal acceptance of IDN`s. Parking revenue is nonexistant from my experience - yours may be different. Icann and Verisign seem like they could not care any less although The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office did recently grant Verisign for the “Identification of visual international domain name collisions patent. Could this mean there is still signs of life out there

mulligan
25th May 2020, 07:09 AM
Hey guys, you all still holding?

I dropped most of mine, still have around 100 and the only reason I've kept them is they pay for themselves otherwise they'd be gone as well :>)

I lost interest and haven't bothered keeping up with developments (or lack of)

IdnHost
25th May 2020, 02:28 PM
down to a handful of russian names. if you don't mind sharing..... which languages are paying for themselves? My guess is Japanese mostly?

25th May 2020, 04:41 PM

I dropped most of mine, still have around 100 and the only reason I've kept them is they pay for themselves otherwise they'd be gone as well :>)

Holding the best ones only so that I can keep renewing forever.

bwhhisc
26th May 2020, 03:09 PM

Hi Steve....nice to see you I took a bit of a vacation from domaining but still getting some lowball offers. But you drop any 1/2 way decent and someone grabs them right up....must be some value :)

Verisign needs to put the kabosh on the "phishing" IDNs that look like English words, and put some $$$ into advertising and promotion. When they didn't stick to their original plan for idn.idn (com) to be only available to idn.com owners and "activated" when you were ready to develop they undermined the whole concept IMO.

But if developed and can get to page 1 on google, IDNs are nice eye-catchers for locals.

Kent99
27th May 2020, 03:12 AM

Hey Mulligan, nice to see you back. You must have a heck of a collection if they all pay for themselves with parking being such a dismal wasteland and getting worse and worse. I don't even bother. It is sales landers for me. So, it seems IDN's haven't worked out as a get rich scheme. Do you have any other ideas? What are you working on lately?

Divya165
11th November 2020, 05:10 AM
I have also joined the IDN Forum community, It's my luck I joined this community.

Sergue2
10th April 2021, 06:45 PM
I'm new here and hope to be here for a long time...

bwhhisc
10th April 2021, 09:17 PM
I'm new here and hope to be here for a long time...

Greetings!
Do you have any IDN domain names or have built out any local language websites?