PDA

View Full Version : Help Need to Evaluate Improvments at Sedo

Rubber Duck
6th June 2006, 12:42 PM
Sedo have asked me to look at their improved Parking Programme.

I have listed 24 domains their in the main languages to try to evaluate whether it is going to meet our requirement.

I have to say their are some obvious improvements.

The Domain Names now seem to display correctly on the Parking Pages. Please flag up any instances if this is still not happening all the time.

The portals also now seem to show local ads but it all depends what languages you have selected. Mine defaults to English though so I only see the ads in local languages when I actually select the language. Obviously, that would be a killer for PPC, but it has occurred to me that what I am seeing my be triggered by my IP location. Is it possible for any you that are China, Japan, Russia or the Arabic world to confirm what you see as default. If it is English then Sedo have some work to do, if it is the local script then we may just be in business.

Domains I have list are given below, but please do not click on the actual adverts. I am happy for you to trigger Views, but not Click Throughs:

Simplified Chinese

xn--6kr114d.com 湖南 Hunan province, China
xn--fmry4b.com 厂商 company / firm /
xn--fmry0g.com 厂址 Changzhi
xn--fmry0gv4qgo4c.com 厂址旅馆 Changzhi Hotel
xn--2ss941dzpolvj.com 金融猎头 The finance hunts for the head
xn--srs71ms8tm2u.com 彩瓦设备 Encaustic tile equipment

Japanese

xn--pw0a62s.com 翻訳 translation; de-encryption; deciphering
xn--eckvdwa.com バイト Temp/Agency Work
xn--66vo63e.com 楽譜 score (music);
xn--ddk0a0ew52yzlb.com 日本テレビ The Japanese television
xn--p8jj4m9c.net かんぽう Traditional Chinese medicine
xn--ruqp6ibq9a0xt30d00l.com 生命保険通販 Life insurance mail order

Russian

xn--j1a.com к kah
xn--80agkcfl4bya.com загрузки Download
xn--80afh1aagcfckc.com программное program
xn--j1aicfcj5e.com экспорт export
xn--80acgfbsl1azdqr.com екатеринбург Yekaterinburg
xn--80a9abe.com тату Tattoo

Arabic

xn--igbhb3b2fjl.com الأهرام The pyramids
xn--mgbgt8f.com رنات Ringtones
xn--mgbexp8eg1b.com المصرية Egyptian
xn--mgb0b0akp.com مواقع Sites
xn--ghb.com ل Laam
xn--ygbl05a.com عکس Photo

Edwin
6th June 2006, 12:50 PM
The Japanese ones are showing ads in Japanese. More accurately, 1 ad showed for the "translation" domain and the "score" domain showed a Japanese portal page.

Intriguingly, Sedo is broken in EXACTLY the same way as Namedrive: if I click on one of the portal links, the page loops back on itself. In other words, it's impossible to generate a paying click-through.

drbiohealth
6th June 2006, 12:55 PM
Arabic is quite contextual. Some ads are in arabic, while those in English seem relevant.

Dave, what's up with Hindi at Sedo?

Rubber Duck
6th June 2006, 12:57 PM
The Japanese ones are showing ads in Japanese. More accurately, 1 ad showed for the "translation" domain and the "score" domain showed a Japanese portal page.

Intriguingly, Sedo is broken in EXACTLY the same way as Namedrive: if I click on one of the portal links, the page loops back on itself. In other words, it's impossible to generate a paying click-through.

Thanks Edwin,

Yes, I tried playing around like that. I came to the conclusion that it loops back around when there are no adverts listing under that heading. I did manage to get some title to show me menus of actual adverts in Japanese from the Portal.

I think, however, that the most significant thing here is that from what you have said that you appear to be being presented with Japanese based on you IP location rather than being confronted with English and then having to select Japanese from the drop down menus.

In my mind this makes their interface viable.

Arabic is quite contextual. Some ads are in arabic, while those in English seem relevant.

Dave, what's up with Hindi at Sedo?

Sedo will accept Hindi, but Google as yet don't support Hindi Adwords to my knowledge. It maybe, however, that you get contextual English Adverts for India. Perhaps you could kick it around a bit and let me know.

alpha
6th June 2006, 01:36 PM
It must definately be related to your IP.

It is definately NOT related to the language flag passed from your browser, as changing it has absolutely no effect. I keep seeing English ads.

Does anybody know of any "local" proxy servers we can use?

Olney
6th June 2006, 02:16 PM
I'm getting like 1 ad at the most.
I also emailed them & sent a powerpoint file with screenshots of the looping effect.

ON DNF there's one guy who own a typo

it's bellmaison dot jp

Here in Japan it's full of Japanese ads & the keyword he has in in English.
Makes no sense.

I don't know where he has that baby parked but it's a good system for showing Japanese ads...

I parked serveral domains & most didn't show many revelant ads. Only my losangeles.jp showed LA ads in English...