PDA

View Full Version : What's the story on this term "もう"

Armadillo
6th June 2006, 04:16 PM
I regged this one seeing a whopping 185M on google and 182M on googlejp
Is this any good or am I using some obscure script/term?

Thanks,

Armadillo

domainstosell
6th June 2006, 04:19 PM
I regged this one seeing a whopping 185M on google and 182M on googlejp
Is this any good or am I using some obscure script/term?

Thanks,

Armadillo

I show about 39 Million on Google for "もう"

Babelfish translates it as "another"...

Armadillo
6th June 2006, 04:24 PM
This is what I am getting:
Results 1 - 10 of about 182,000,000 for "もう". (0.06 seconds
"もう" の検索結果 約 182,000,000 件中 1 - 10 件目 (0.17 秒
Definition: 網 もう network

I thought it was maybe taking in a different script as Domainsite does but I thougt I would just give it a shot and it was available. I don't know what the deal is, maybe an incorrect translation?

Armadillo

IDNCowboy
6th June 2006, 04:25 PM

I thought it was maybe taking in a different script as Domainsite does but I thougt I would just give it a shot and it was available. I don't know what the deal is, maybe an incorrect translation?

Armadillo
words such as "and" and "another" in different languages will get alot of results in google but ppl won't search for it.

how many times do you put and? the? etc on a webpage? lots

domainstosell
6th June 2006, 04:29 PM

Armadillo

My question is why our Google results are so far off... that is strange. I just tried it again and got this:

Results 1 - 10 of about 39,900,000 for "もう". (0.13 seconds)

That is a big difference! Anyone have any insight as to why we get such different results?

Armadillo
6th June 2006, 04:30 PM
OK I thought it was a different script for the word network. The Japanese dictionary I use usually has the Kanji and then whatever the other script is next to it.

Like this: 網 - もう - network

or

旅館 りょかん Japanese hotel; inn

Oh well....I guess I used a bad translation if it is the word for "another"

Armadillo

I put it back into the same dictionary and it came up with:

もう already; soon; more; again

猛 もう 1: greatly energetic;
2: ferocious; (Prefix) ;
3: extreme; severe

罔 もう net

Armadillo

rhys
9th June 2006, 05:42 PM
もう does mean "already; soon; more; again" - depending on how it is used in the sentence. It's a particle or adverb in japanese speech (I'm too lazy to look it up but you can if you wish and correct me) anyway as a domainname I'd say it's practically worthless. Unless some rock group named "もう" suddenly appears or it becomes the name of a movie or a manga. That's kind of like winning the lottery, I wouldn't renew this name save your money for something that has actual commercial value. Just yesterday after a hiatus of 2 months, I looked and found 4 .nets each with over 100,000 OVT with obvious commercial value. They are still out there.

To try to be clear to anyone trying to figure this out, もう does not have any of those other meanings listed (網,猛, 罔). The kanji have those meanings intrinsically NOT the hiragana. Don't get confused. The last thing we need is people selling しま as "island" when it obviously is not 島 at all.