PDA

View Full Version : What ovt with extension makes you the $?

IDNCowboy
6th June 2006, 04:36 PM
What ovt with extension makes you the most $? 200? 500? 1000?
I would think after IE 7 final gets released these should all go up once ppl know they can type .com in their native language.

I'd like to follow up on what someone experienced the other day... Most of these ovt w/ extension domains have people trying to cheat by putting the word.com in their meta tags.

However multiple sites have it so it looks like there isn't a main site and one went as far to do this on a subdomain on a totally unrelated domain.

touchring
6th June 2006, 04:50 PM
What ovt with extension makes you the most $? 200? 500? 1000?
I would think after IE 7 final gets released these should all go up once ppl know they can type .com in their native language.

I'd like to follow up on what someone experienced the other day... Most of these ovt w/ extension domains have people trying to cheat by putting the word.com in their meta tags.

However multiple sites have it so it looks like there isn't a main site and one went as far to do this on a subdomain on a totally unrelated domain.

Well, can't say they are cheating, unless the domain is someone else's trademark. E.g. putting up Amazon.com on their website. There are thousands and one ways to squeeze money out of google adsense.

IDNCowboy
6th June 2006, 04:54 PM
Well, can't say they are cheating, unless the domain is someone else's trademark. E.g. putting up Amazon.com on their website.
I noticed for a few that no trademark is held. It's just like opening Randyssneakers.com and not regging a trademark for it. Thus I guess I can register the IDN version of it and collect the $.

touchring
6th June 2006, 04:59 PM
I noticed for a few that no trademark is held. It's just like opening Randyssneakers.com and not regging a trademark for it. Thus I guess I can register the IDN version of it and collect the $.

Randyssneakers.com? In what language? There's no guarantee that people will enter IDN. The trouble is most of the time, the money earned is not enough to cover reg fees.

OTOH, using a lesser amount of time, you can a few register a few hindi or tamil generic, and maybe these you can sell for $xxx to $xxxx on the forums. Faster return. That's what many here are trying to do. And in some cases, obscure names end up right at the front of SERP because there are so few pages, and that name can still earn quite a bit of PPC. :o

IDNCowboy
6th June 2006, 05:47 PM
Randyssneakers.com? In what language? There's no guarantee that people will enter IDN. The trouble is most of the time, the money earned is not enough to cover reg fees.

OTOH, using a lesser amount of time, you can a few register a few hindi or tamil generic, and maybe these you can sell for $xxx to $xxxx on the forums. Faster return. That's what many here are trying to do. And in some cases, obscure names end up right at the front of SERP because there are so few pages, and that name can still earn quite a bit of PPC. :o
I just used that as an example. I don't want to give the domain away.

I would think that even a domain that has 30 w/ ext will go up at least 5-10x once ppl become more knowledgable they can type it in their address bar.