PDA

View Full Version : other than chinese or japanese which language should i search for?

jaik
8th June 2006, 03:16 PM
hi,
we all know the popular and valuable idn languages are chinese or japanese or russian etc... but sadly most of the good names are taken
other than chinese or japanese or the other languages above mentioned which language should i search for ?
i have regged couple of hindi idns and i know it takes time to get popular
any other language are there that i should try to regg?
plz give your valuable suggestions and advice
thanks,
jaik

Rubber Duck
8th June 2006, 03:31 PM
hi,
we all know the popular and valuable idn languages are chinese or japanese or russian etc... but sadly most of the good names are taken
other than chinese or japanese or the other languages above mentioned which language should i search for ?
i have regged couple of hindi idns and i know it takes time to get popular
any other language are there that i should try to regg?
plz give your valuable suggestions and advice
thanks,
jaik

Well the obvious one missing from your list is Arabic.

I would not discount the secondary market either. There are still some real bargains out there at around what you would pay as minimum drop fee for an unloved ASCII.

Explorer
8th June 2006, 03:35 PM
I would also suggest Spanish. It's ranked pretty high.

alpha
8th June 2006, 03:35 PM
don't write of Japanese just yet, there are plenty of opportunities in .JP

$30 each when you buy two. The equivalent of 4 not very good .net's more than likely - and there are plenty of lovelies left in .JP

Rubber Duck
8th June 2006, 03:37 PM
don't write of Japanese just yet, here are plenty of opportunities in .JP

$30 each when you buy two. The equivalent of 4 not very good .net's more than likely - and there are plenty of lovelies left in .JP

Yes, dot JP is prime tailgating territory!

Looking at the latest Sedo sale, maybe we should all learn Maltese.

jaik
9th June 2006, 06:57 AM
Yes, dot JP is prime tailgating territory!

Looking at the latest Sedo sale, maybe we should all learn Maltese.
can anyone outside from japan reg .jp domain?

also when trying to reg language like spanish or french it does not allow me to reg coz the charcters looks exactly like english
what should i do?

Rubber Duck
9th June 2006, 07:10 AM

also when trying to reg language like spanish or french it does not allow me to reg coz the charcters looks exactly like english
what should i do?

You can with www.jp-domains.com

Dot JP only take Japanese characters or ASCII. Japanese characters include your ASCII set, which they tend to use quite a lot anyway. Dot JP won't take Hanzi, Hangul, Arabic or Russian characters. It won't take other Language Tags either.

alpha
9th June 2006, 07:11 AM

it is a myth that you have to be a Japan resident to reg these. This myth coupled with the added cost are why there are so many good names left in .JP extension.

what should i do?

you're not trying to reg non Japanese characters in a .JP extension are you as IDN? If you want to register ascii characters, don't select the "2 for 1 IDN button"

networker
9th June 2006, 07:14 AM
it is a myth that you have to be a Japan resident to reg these. This myth coupled with the added cost are why there are so many good names left in .JP extension.

you're not trying to reg non Japanese characters in a .JP extension are you as IDN? If you want to register ascii characters, don't select the "2 for 1 IDN button"

Do you have any minimum OVT/Google/etc. thresholds that you tend to use as a guide when registering .JPs (to justify the cost)?

Just curious - I haven't registered any as of yet, and I might start.

Rubber Duck
9th June 2006, 07:18 AM
Do you have any minimum OVT/Google/etc. thresholds that you tend to use as a guide when registering .JPs (to justify the cost)?

Just curious - I haven't registered any as of yet, and I might start.

High Google scores just let you know you term is in common useage. Alway put between quotation marks.

Use Japanese Overture to get idea of likely number of Type-Ins.

The number of Adwords and the Overture Bids will give you the best idea of how much that term is commercially sought after. These are the tools I use most these days. Adwords is fast and easy. Just go to www.Google.co.jp and search from their. If you have 4 or more the term is interesting.

jaik
9th June 2006, 07:18 AM

i am not trying to reg non japanese charcter for .jp

what i meant was when i try to reg some spanish or german words in .com ext it gives me error message

the words look like english charcters

thanks,
jaik

alpha
9th June 2006, 07:22 AM
i am not trying to reg non japanese charcter for .jp

what i meant was when i try to reg some spanish or german words in .com ext it gives me error message

the words look like english charcters

thanks,
jaik

post the screenshot or describe the error message.

jaik
9th June 2006, 07:40 AM
post the screenshot or describe the error message.
i get this message at dynadot.com

******.com: You did not enter an international domain name. Please use the regular domain search for this name.

Rubber Duck
9th June 2006, 07:56 AM
i get this message at dynadot.com

******.com: You did not enter an international domain name. Please use the regular domain search for this name.

Well, I am not familiar with Dynadot, but it is clear that the seach box for IDN is separate for that for ASCII. Not only can you not use the ASCII box for IDN, but apparently you cannot use the IDN box for ASCII either.

If you want a better interface then I suggest Domainsite.com. It will make life a lot easier if you want to buy and sell.

jaik
10th June 2006, 06:57 AM
oops!
the main question remain unanswered
which language will gain value in near future?

blastfromthepast
10th June 2006, 07:49 AM
oops!
the main question remain unanswered
which language will gain value in near future?

The one that has the largest amount of rich customers speaking it.

jaik
10th June 2006, 08:03 AM
:confused: i am still confusedThe one that has the largest amount of rich customers speaking it.

alpha
10th June 2006, 08:29 AM
:confused: i am still confused

Jaik, the value of a domain name is decided by the person that wants to buy it, and if they really really want it, then the price will be really really expensive. It's a simple supply and demand thing.