PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Ships IE7

sarcle
9th June 2006, 08:52 PM
Yahoo! ships customized IE7 beta 2 (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/09/624176.aspx)

We often talk with our partners about all the ways they can take advantage of the extensibility in IE7. Today, Yahoo! released something new and (I think) pretty cool. “Internet Explorer 7 optimized by Yahoo!” presets the homepage and search to Yahoo properties. Of course, users can easily change the settings just as they can with the standard version that we ship.

The Yahoo! version of IE7 is available now on the Yahoo site (http://downloads.yahoo.com/ie7beta/index.php).
Yahoo! used the beta version of the Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) to customize IE7 to meet their needs. The IEAK is available to all developers and partners who want to create their own customized versions of IE7, as well as IT pros who want to use it to ease enterprise deployment. You can download it from the Microsoft Technet site (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/ie/ieak7/default.mspx).

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5923/yahooie72zm.jpg

http://downloads.yahoo.com/ie7beta/index.php

thefabfive
9th June 2006, 08:55 PM
The ball just keeps rolling even without the official release of IE7. Good news!

bwhhisc
9th June 2006, 08:55 PM
More good news when we needed some for sure.

gammascalper
9th June 2006, 08:58 PM
olé olé olé olé

sarcle
9th June 2006, 09:00 PM
Hey that was my thousandth post. HOORAY! On such a positive note as well. Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'.

Rubber Duck
9th June 2006, 09:06 PM
With Yahoo's profile in Japan being only just a one step below the Royal Family, I think we can assume that this is massive. Yahoo will want this loaded onto as many machines as possilbe before the official roll out with automatic updates. Why would Yahoo want to wait? Nobody will bother much with other version if their operating system just loads the standard version.

sarcle
9th June 2006, 09:08 PM
Why would Yahoo want to wait? Nobody will bother much with other version if their operating system just loads the standard version.

Without a doubt. Google just pissed and moaned themselves out of a major market share of asian users that they desperately needed in the first place.

touchring
9th June 2006, 09:08 PM
Good news. Looks like Billy is eyeing Yahoo. :o

alpha
9th June 2006, 09:37 PM
we're going to be rich I tell you!!!! - rich!!!

thegenius1
9th June 2006, 09:43 PM
we're going to be rich I tell you!!!! - rich!!!

HIP HIP HOORAY !!!

alpha
9th June 2006, 09:45 PM
note to self: mustn't post when drunk copious amount of alcohol. Hey did anyone see the football? have Brazil won yet?

Yahoo! ships customized IE7 beta 2 (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/06/09/624176.aspx)

We often talk with our partners about all the ways they can take advantage of the extensibility in IE7. Today, Yahoo! released something new and (I think) pretty cool. “Internet Explorer 7 optimized by Yahoo!” presets the homepage and search to Yahoo properties. Of course, users can easily change the settings just as they can with the standard version that we ship.

The Yahoo! version of IE7 is available now on the Yahoo site (http://downloads.yahoo.com/ie7beta/index.php).
Yahoo! used the beta version of the Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) to customize IE7 to meet their needs. The IEAK is available to all developers and partners who want to create their own customized versions of IE7, as well as IT pros who want to use it to ease enterprise deployment. You can download it from the Microsoft Technet site (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/ie/ieak7/default.mspx).

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/5923/yahooie72zm.jpg

http://downloads.yahoo.com/ie7beta/index.php

it wouldn't have hurt just to add an extra bullet point on that screen about IDN's

JColson
9th June 2006, 09:48 PM
I am thinking now that my new boat is looking a bit small - perhaps one boat isn't enough??!

Great progress this week for IDNs - it's looking like being a very good weekend.

alpha
9th June 2006, 09:51 PM
I am thinking now that my new boat is looking a bit small - perhaps one boat isn't enough??!

you can make do with one boat. here's one

http://www.cruisingguide.com/flkphotoalbum/safety_harbor_huge_yacht_5357.jpg

you even get a large chopper for free

sarcle
9th June 2006, 09:51 PM
All I want is a pool full of money so I can lather myself up with peanut butter and roll around in it...

Oh, wait did I say that out loud.

JColson
9th June 2006, 09:53 PM
Alpha, where are the sails??? This is half a boat!

domainstosell
9th June 2006, 09:55 PM
All I want is a pool full of money so I can lather myself up with peanut butter and roll around in it...

You must own an IDN for that, right? I mean, you know someone in Japan or somewhere is doing that right now... ;)

alpha
9th June 2006, 09:58 PM
Alpha, where are the sails??? This is half a boat!

you don't need sails. This one is actually a huge pedelo, and as part of the deal you get 500 tanned amazon gods to peddle you around the seas

sarcle
9th June 2006, 10:07 PM
You must own an IDN for that, right? I mean, you know someone in Japan or somewhere is doing that right now... ;)

Someone stole my idea? The nerve of some people.

thegenius1
9th June 2006, 10:30 PM

You may inspire me to change my avatar from the " Back To the Future" theme to Scrooge Mcduck http://mud.mm-a5.yimg.com/image/2046734646 http://mud.mm-a3.yimg.com/image/853055600

bwhhisc
9th June 2006, 10:30 PM
I am thinking now that my new boat is looking a bit small - perhaps one boat isn't enough??! Great progress this week for IDNs - it's looking like being a very good weekend.

We will now officially refer to your fleet as JC's YACHTS!

(The tenders for your yachts may be referred to as boats or zodiacs).

The word for the day is definately YAHOO!

Olney
10th June 2006, 06:58 AM
Yahoo & Yahoo! Japan work independantly but I'm sure to tell you guys when I start seeing the ads here in Tokyo.

I have already started promoting the use of IDNs on social networks here. Since I'm regarded as a minor celebrity in Japan I got a lot of fans even though they'd rather me just tell them to do stupid stuff.

burnsinternet
10th June 2006, 09:53 AM
Does anyone know about the minor details of this IE7 download? Does it have any pre-sets (.jp vs .com) or have IDN disabled or anything strange? I am all for the good news, but has anyone over in Japan tried it?

On a happy note, I just finished an all nighter changing my NameDrive keywords to native. I hope that helps, too. 8)

idn1234
10th June 2006, 10:54 AM
I think some of the 'big talk' in this thread is
understandable, as of course everyone here
wants to feel they are going to make a lot of
money (and they need others to help re-inforce
that belief in them from time to time..).

But, it may be a good idea to 'pipe down' a
little on the fantasies, as all IDN'ers are, currently,
holding domains whose value is yet to be proven.

Don't forget, there are precious few places on
the net where 'powers that be' (in respective
countries) can get info on IDN and how its
people are currently using it, through IDN
traffic and so on. I don't doubt for a moment
that this forum, particularly, is helping them
to consider policy, and how IDN should be
implemented.

So I think everyone here should realise they
are domain name 'pioneers' and, in some
ways, ambassadors for this niche industry,
and be a little more respectful and professional
towards the country's and cultures you are
trying to profit from.

A little sense now may pay off in the future...

:-)

sarcle
10th June 2006, 11:48 AM
Don't forget, there are precious few places on
the net where 'powers that be' (in respective
countries) can get info on IDN and how its
people are currently using it, through IDN
traffic and so on. I don't doubt for a moment
that this forum, particularly, is helping them
to consider policy, and how IDN should be
implemented.
:-)

The ball is already set in motion. Icann is not going to alter is course according to what a few yahoo's say on a public forum. Their policy has nothing to do with our actions. They are doing exactly what we are doing.

Making a profit.

idn1234
10th June 2006, 12:18 PM
The ball is already set in motion. Icann is not going to alter is course according to what a few yahoo's say on a public forum. Their policy has nothing to do with our actions. They are doing exactly what we are doing.

Making a profit.

Fair comment, but I wasn't really thinking about
ICANN...

Rubber Duck
10th June 2006, 12:26 PM
I very much doubt if there is such a thing as bad publicity. The IDN market is would have to be a 100 times its current size before there is any serious risk of it being over hyped.

In general policy making terms IDN are still too insignificant to be important. If there are going to be any serious changes in the way domain registration policy is implemented, this is largely going to be driven by the ASCII market for a long time to come.

Olney
10th June 2006, 12:26 PM
Changes will be gradual.
I really think that people need to understand that when budgeting things.
Many domains have sold already but going forward I'm only registering things I see solid enough for me to keep for the next two years, especially since I'm mainly staying in the Japanese market...

bwhhisc
10th June 2006, 12:48 PM
be a little more respectful and professional towards the country's and cultures you are trying to profit from. :-)

There is a huge range of international domainers here in this forum, Japanese, Indian, Russian, Chinese, Thai, etc.
Can you elaborate on "being more respectful". I have not seen that displayed here, other than an occasional off color remark.

sarcle
10th June 2006, 01:06 PM
There is a huge range of international domainers here in this forum, Japanese, Indian, Russian, Chinese, Thai, etc.
Can you elaborate on "being more respectful". I have not seen that displayed here, other than an occasional off color remark.

That's not true Bill. I hate white people. :)

idn1234
10th June 2006, 02:00 PM

Elaboration shouldn't really be needed, since
it was an easy to understand comment that
was directed toward the 'lets all go off in our
big boat to fantasyland' brigade.

It's obvious that you just don't like the comment,
but 'being more respectful' means not being so
shallow; not having a 'i'm rich, and bugger you'
kind of attitude (which is entirely misplaced anyway)
and making thoughtful intelligent comment that makes
it look (if only for appearances) that you care about
something other than milking the Asian nations out
of their internet 'inheritance'...

As I say, the comments were probably 'playful' but
western humour is not easily understood in the
East and is probably seen as highly offensive.

Lets also not forget that ICANN is a body that you
either play along with or you don't, and China, Japan
and Korea are all perfectly placed to 'go their own
way' at any time (favouring their own ccTLD's), and
so where would that leave idn.com then? (and the
big boat order?...).

Most idn.com's are owned by non-asian westerners.
Some of whom, apparently, can't control their desire
for greed, and care about little else; is it really too
much to suppose then that they may decide 'ok,
westerners you keep your '.com', we don't like your
attitude and don't want to encourage your cyber-
squatting ways; we are going with our own ccTLD'.

(and please don't reply with the DNAME defence, that
is about as fragile an argument as it gets).

And, oh look, Asian countries could 'go their own way'
at any time...

domainguru
10th June 2006, 03:23 PM

big boat order?...).

at any time...

1. I don't see many Koreans apologizing for being "ahead of the game" with ASCII domains, and grabbing as many as they can. That is their right, and they exercise their right with both hands.
2) The idea that Asian nations can simply abandon .com and use ccTLDs is ludicrous. .com is a global brand. I wrote about how .com had pervaded the Thai pysche in 2000. It ain't going away.
3) I am a non-asian westerner (!). But ... so what? .com is, like I said, a global brand, and I have the right to register as many as I want. As it happens, I live in Thailand, have done so for 10 years, and as we say here "rak mueng thai" i..e "love thailand". Does that mean I will stop grabbing thai domains? Not a chance. Does that mean I am racist or am exploiting Thailand? Not a chance. Economies work by "early adopters" making the most of scarce resources. It doesn't mattter if the adopters or native or not. That in itself is a racist argument. Thaksin Shinnawatra is Thai but that hasn't stopped him amassing billions of dollars by exploiting the Thai market.

I thought I understood what you were saying about "hype". But now you have broadened this to an attack on westerners "milking" Asian countries, you have lost my support I'm afraid.

burnsinternet
10th June 2006, 04:38 PM
Respecfully, and back to the point, does anyone know about the minor details of this Japanese Yahoo IE7 download?

Does it have any pre-sets (.jp vs .com) or have IDN disabled or anything strange?

I am all for the good news, but have any IDNFers over in Japan tried it?

alpha
10th June 2006, 04:54 PM

big boat order?...).

at any time...

idn1234 I think your comment was made in relation to my tounge in cheek comment about being rich - so let me respond.

So you think I and other domainers should just sit back and wait for the "natives" to pick up their own domains, as that would be "fair"?

If that's what you think, then you are living in la-la-land.

I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll hand back all my Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Portugese etc etc names to the "natives", if they hand back all the english.com's that were taken in the 90's... yeah it's a dumb concept isn't it.

I entered the domain game by getting involved in the .co.uk market, and soon realised that a lot of .co.uk names were held by "foreigners" not native to the UK.

Did it make me mad? errrr no.

I make no appologies for what I said that sparked your reply on this thread - it's not personal, don't make it personal - it's just business.

What I do appologise for is throwing this thread off track again..

.. now back to the Yahoo IE7 version..

blastfromthepast
10th June 2006, 05:48 PM
The point he was trying to make is that in Asia, it is considered bad form to show off and rile in glee. You play down your advantage, and gain respect by being humble. You mock yourself and show yourself to be slightly foolish and weak, and that makes you more accessible to those who are under you.

Also, people in America have a hard time understanding the nationalist feelings and the 'us vs. them' mentality that drives much of the rest of the world. It doesn't exist in America.

idn1234
10th June 2006, 06:10 PM
So you think I and other domainers should just sit back and wait for the "natives" to pick up their own domains, as that would be "fair"?

I'll tell you what I'll do, I'll hand back all my Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Portugese etc etc names to the "natives", if they hand back all the english.com's that were taken in the 90's... yeah it's a dumb concept isn't it.

I entered the domain game by getting involved in the .co.uk market, and soon realised that a lot of .co.uk names were held by "foreigners" not native to the UK.

It's not the fact that you have these domains
that concerns me, but what does bother me
is your attitude...

I don't even live in an Asian country, yet I am
sickened to hear you gloat about the fantastic
wealth that is supposedly on it's way to you,
when there are people in those countries who
are dying on the streets every day and can't
afford to eat.

And what have you really done?... nothing, you've
helped no one, and have just sat on your arse
regging names at your pc and fantasing about
all the money that you think is on its way to you.

If I feel disgusted then imagine how people living
in those countries must feel (after having read your
comments).

The truth is 'domaining' is a very shallow past-time,
and hearing comments like yours when it concerns
people in extreme poverty, is really sad. Time to
grow a thicker skin my friend, idn.com may not be
with us forever.

(oh, and pls don't reply saying i'm a commie or
anti-american, the only thing I object to is your
attitude; I think idn.com will die a natural death
anyway over time, but there is now a possibility
that your comments may help to accelerate that
a little...).

---------------

Is there anyone in authority in China, Japan, Korea,
etc.. etc.. reading this thread? If so, do you like the
idea of '.com' (an american ext'n) becoming more
popular than your OWN COUNTRY TLD???!!! And
are you happy to be making western speculators,
like Alphamale, rich beyond their wildest dreams at
the expense of your country's national pride??!!

burnsinternet
10th June 2006, 06:13 PM
Also, people in America have a hard time understanding the nationalist feelings and the 'us vs. them' mentality that drives much of the rest of the world. It doesn't exist in America.

Ummm.... Have you been in the USA for long? Yes, Canada is probably more nationalistic than the USA, but they are fiercely nationalistic. I think you are grouping individualism vs collectivism and the concept of 'face' (among other cultural factors) and calling it nationalism. We Americans are brash and loud and we boast too much, but I think that is individualism and machismo, not a lack of nationalism.

I am personally cracking up at these guys! We all know that the market is young and we won't be buying yachts this weekend. I think it was frustration, sarcasm, and hope being expressed. The silliness made me laugh.

Added from another thread: "Russia is now said to boast 88,000 millionaires while Moscow alone is reported to be home to 33 billionaires — more than New York. Many of them became wealthy by buying and privatising state-owned natural resources firms at knock-down prices in a series of shady auctions in the 1990s."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...804661661.html

Now, back to IE7 in Japan. Has anyone been brash enough to use it and boast about it? {funny emoticon removed due to now serious discussion thread}

blastfromthepast
10th June 2006, 07:02 PM
I think you are grouping individualism vs collectivism and the concept of 'face' (among other cultural factors) and calling it nationalism.

Yes, it is all connected in the end to nationalism. I'm talking about the concept: if you offend me, you've offended the country, the people.

If someone here finds the talk of yachts bad, check out what this Korean put on the China.com (Traditional characters) IDN page:

http://中國.com/

touchring
10th June 2006, 07:05 PM
Added from another thread: "Russia is now said to boast 88,000 millionaires while Moscow alone is reported to be home to 33 billionaires — more than New York. Many of them became wealthy by buying and privatising state-owned natural resources firms at knock-down prices in a series of shady auctions in the 1990s."

The number of billionaire or millionaires means nothing. Their wealth is locked in the oil their companies own, and the prices of their stocks. It's income and spending that matters, not wealth that can be confiscated by the state anytime. And if i'm not mistaken, many are quietly moving their wealth out and stashing in secret vaults, UK being one of the prime beneficiaries. It's basically state endorsed plundering.

And besides, for domains, we're more interested in general spending power across the population rather than how many billionaires or millionaires there are with stolen money stashed in the ground.

Rubber Duck
10th June 2006, 07:06 PM
popular than your OWN COUNTRY TLD???!!! And

Actually, if you are going to go of the deep end, then get your facts straight. We are talking about languages and scripts here, rather than property of nations. Languages and particularly scripts cross frontiers and roam the globe, they are not the preserve of any particular group or organisation. They are part of all our shared humanity and culture. How would you react if you were told that you were ineligible to register an English dot com because it was the preserve of USA passport holders?

blastfromthepast
10th June 2006, 07:11 PM
for greed, and care about little else;

Very true. idn1234, what country are you from?

thegenius1
10th June 2006, 07:17 PM
Yes, it is all connected in the end to nationalism. I'm talking about the concept: if you offend me, you've offended the country, the people.

If someone here finds the talk of yachts bad, check out what this Korean put on the China.com (Traditional characters) IDN page:

http://中國.com/

I make up mind to transfer this URL for your CHINESE pride.

Are you CHINESE?
Do you love your country CHINA?
I know there are 13 billion CHINESE peoples but strangely I have never been met a CHINESE CEO who has patriot enough to buy this domain name for his mother country pride.
Do you think to keep money is more important rather than to keep your national pride?

* E-mail : picolab@yahoo.com

Man the jealousy is starting to show , There is a nice development and now we all have to be quite and Not Show any type of excitment bummer , then we have to all donate the money we reg these names with to the poor, Reality check when things do take off and the money does fall from the sky who are you to say that alot of us here dont have plans to donate and what have you ! And to youre comment about just sitting on our ass buying names , HuH we all here have probably put more work into this than any other job or hobby , this is business not personal dont get it twisted

touchring
10th June 2006, 07:18 PM
Well, he has to convert his domain into simplified chinese before it's worth money.

burnsinternet
10th June 2006, 07:37 PM
popular than your OWN COUNTRY TLD!!! And

OK, look at it from my point of view, please. I have done everything I can to steer this thread back to IE7 rather than discuss world hunger. Not because the discussion of class, nationalism, blah blah blah is not important. It is not relevant in this thread. This American has graduate degrees, has been a professor, has lived abroad, etc. etc., and I believe I can hold my own in your political discussion. PM me, please. I don't want it posted here anymore, please!

I really, really, really just want to know if SOMEONE IN JAPAN HAS TRIED THE YAHOO IE7!!! Please refer to my earlier posts. Thanks.

mulligan
10th June 2006, 07:45 PM
OK, look at it from my point of view, please. I have done everything I can to steer this thread back to IE7 rather than discuss world hunger. Not because the discussion of class, nationalism, blah blah blah is not important. It is not relevant in this thread. This American has graduate degrees, has been a professor, has lived abroad, etc. etc., and I believe I can hold my own in your political discussion. PM me, please. I don't want it posted here anymore, please!

I really, really, really just want to know if SOMEONE IN JAPAN HAS TRIED THE YAHOO IE7!!! Please refer to my earlier posts. Thanks.
I think the answer is no... Maybe Olney or Edwin could enlighten us?

http://中國.com/ (http://%e4%b8%ad%e5%9c%8b.com/)
Mr 中國.com (http://%e4%b8%ad%e5%9c%8b.com/) owns some very nice Korean IDN's
I come across him a lot.... And Im surprised 中國 (http://%e4%b8%ad%e5%9c%8b.com/).com hasnt been hacked to buggery

idn1234
10th June 2006, 08:06 PM
Actually, if you are going to go of the deep end, then get your facts straight. We are talking about languages and scripts here, rather than property of nations. Languages and particularly scripts cross frontiers and roam the globe, they are not the preserve of any particular group or organisation. They are part of all our shared humanity and culture. How would you react if you were told that you were ineligible to register an English dot com because it was the preserve of USA passport holders?

I am sure this makes a lot of sense, and
when I figure out just what you've said
i'll probably reply in detail.

But briefly, my comment about 'inheritance'
was closely allied to my main concern re:
Alphamale & co's comments, and was made
to further illustrate my point.

Of course, property boundaries do not normally
exist with domains, but expressing sentiment
(tongue in cheek, or otherwise) that is so
inconsiderate and liable to cause such offence
and misunderstanding, culturally, is not a good
idea.

If you are a speculator then keeping a 'low profile'
is the best thing to do; yes, all of you want to make
money, and there is nothing wrong with that, but
doing this discretely is better than 'showing off'.

Burns Internet: I am in the UK, but will prob. ask
someone I know in Japan to try it, and i'll post back
here if they give me their verdict.

Regards

burnsinternet
10th June 2006, 08:16 PM
Burns Internet: I am in the UK, but will prob. ask
someone I know in Japan to try it, and i'll post back
here if they give me their verdict.
Regards

OK, thanks. I'd appreciate it.

bwhhisc
10th June 2006, 08:16 PM
It's obvious that you just don't like the comment, but 'being more respectful' means not being so shallow; not having a 'i'm rich, and bugger you' kind of attitude (which is entirely misplaced anyway) and making thoughtful intelligent comment that makes it look (if only for appearances) that you care about something other than milking the Asian nations out of their internet 'inheritance'...

THANKS for your response. Not sure if your computer is set up on different resolution, but sure is easier to read if you type all the way across the page.

On your comment- WOW- never even thought of it that way...gotta say that I am sure seeing a LOT of Chinese and Japanese natives in those whois on the good stuff!

Your inference here is that Westerners are stealing your "inheritance" and future in the way of idns. Hardly possible that this bunch of guys (and ladies) in this forum, mostly mid-level managers, small business owners, college students, and even an upcoming entertainer or two are going to do that even collectively.

This is just a small group who have been fortuntate enough to take the risk and seize the opportunity to register "maybe 50,000" total, of the what will be someday 50,000,000 plus idns that will be in service? Hardly 1% of the market in the end, and most will be sold back at "one time" sales, while that person makes money on the site for eternity. Its called return on investment.

On the GLOATING- this is all pantomime! This is British, Australian, and American humor and fantasizing. Nothing more, not harmful, just joking and being sarcastic. I can understand how that might not be understood, as we don't understand many things in your culture.

thegenius1
10th June 2006, 08:26 PM
On the GLOATING- this is all pantomime! This is British, Austrailian, and American humor and fantasizing. Nothing more, not harmful, just joking and being sarcastic. I can understand how that might not be understood, as we don't understand many things in your culture.

Perfectly said Bill, its just that simple , this is a forum made up of many cultures , there is no way that we can all cator to everybodys needs, if that was the case there would be hardly any posts because we have to research all cultures to make sure we arent offending anyone.

alpha
11th June 2006, 12:05 AM
idn1234: take this off-line and PM your frustrations at me.

Olney
11th June 2006, 12:17 AM
Hey guys I'll step in on the conversation since I'm a Tokyo resident.

First off sorry my PC (company owned) is in English & although I installed IE7 I never really used it. I totally forgot what initial settings it was on.

What does Japan think about non Japanese having the best domains? Will they just go with the .jps?

Japan is going to go with the jps & coms no matter what. Business is business to most Japanese in the internet market. In 5 years many just slept on IDN Domains. Recently more companies than you can imagine are going back & registering domains.

Each good registration I get I yell out "I'm riyach biyach" in my office. Most of my coworkers (All Japanese) want to invest in what I'm doing. Since I'm in SEO & web development who better to create & show off premium IDN Domains? If it was up to big companies here they would wait. Most of the IDN registrations aren't even forwarded anywhere.

We are finding good generics but Japanese will find & register good branding names that we simply can't imagine. We don't have to worry about a lack of domains I realize.

But also get it straight just because most of us display dot coms realize many of us hold jps, cns, etc.

Giant
11th June 2006, 06:41 AM
China's great leader Deng Xiaoping said, "Getting rich is glorious".

But I want to add: Getting rich is an honorable thing that every human being should try to do. There are many honorable ways to get rich, one of them is regging IDN domain names.

bwhhisc
11th June 2006, 09:01 PM
China's great leader Deng Xiaoping said, "Getting rich is glorious".

Now I know where controvercial Television preacher and Radio Evangelist Reverend Ike got that line from.
His other motto was "I loves money and money loves me!" and "the lack of money, not the love of it, is the root of all evil".
Setting high goals and helping others to achieve the same is noteworthy.

burnsinternet
12th June 2006, 11:37 AM
Hey guys I'll step in on the conversation since I'm a Tokyo resident.

First off sorry my PC (company owned) is in English & although I installed IE7 I never really used it. I totally forgot what initial settings it was on.

What does Japan think about non Japanese having the best domains? Will they just go with the .jps?

Japan is going to go with the jps & coms no matter what. Business is business to most Japanese in the internet market. In 5 years many just slept on IDN Domains. Recently more companies than you can imagine are going back & registering domains.

Each good registration I get I yell out "I'm riyach biyach" in my office. Most of my coworkers (All Japanese) want to invest in what I'm doing. Since I'm in SEO & web development who better to create & show off premium IDN Domains? If it was up to big companies here they would wait. Most of the IDN registrations aren't even forwarded anywhere.

We are finding good generics but Japanese will find & register good branding names that we simply can't imagine. We don't have to worry about a lack of domains I realize.

But also get it straight just because most of us display dot coms realize many of us hold jps, cns, etc.

Thanks, Olney