PDA

View Full Version : Name Drive full Japanese ads

Olney
10th June 2006, 08:10 AM
It seems like over the weekend that Name Drive have fixed the Portal problem that was making all the pages go on an endless loop.

So guys I would officially like to tell you guys that on all keywords I've used so far I'm getting full Japanese ads from here in Tokyo.

Before I was getting like 1 or 2...

Now on the one click mode I'm getting full targetted ads.

This is a new area for all of us & I'm glad that a few parking companies have chosen to fix technogy issues & go truly global...

Edwin
10th June 2006, 08:51 AM
Yes, they're nearly there. The "Related ads" on the side/top of 1-click pages are still in English as far as I can see, but the rest is a massive improvement.

burnsinternet
10th June 2006, 10:03 AM
Yes, they're nearly there. The "Related ads" on the side/top of 1-click pages are still in English as far as I can see, but the rest is a massive improvement.

Hebrew, Arabic, and such....

In Japan or with Japanese language operating system, do the "Related Ads" still show up in English?

touchring
10th June 2006, 10:29 AM
Can anyone confirm that Adult Japanese keywords get Japanese ads? The last time i checked, they are showing the default portal page!

Olney
10th June 2006, 11:10 AM
They are showing ads on Adult terms but no always "Adult" ads.
This is most likely related to what is legal & what isn't. They most likely can't advertise with Google, or Yahoo easily.

Also I just found out the hardway that

Click space extends way past the actual text. The entire white are is clickable. Don't make a mistake like I did just now. (Don't worry I already sent them an email to report my invalid click)

alex
10th June 2006, 01:22 PM
This is definitely a big step forward. As we've been discussing in the other thread, I have spent the last couple days re-configuring all my IDNs parked at ND.

I'm already seeing clicks on multiple domains that never had a single click before.

This has also started me off on another registration spree. ;)

touchring
10th June 2006, 01:40 PM
They are showing ads on Adult terms but no always "Adult" ads.
This is most likely related to what is legal & what isn't. They most likely can't advertise with Google, or Yahoo easily.

Also I just found out the hardway that

Click space extends way past the actual text. The entire white are is clickable. Don't make a mistake like I did just now. (Don't worry I already sent them an email to report my invalid click)

This is a problem in that case, perhaps we need to find some other solution for our adult japanese names.

vgemito
11th June 2006, 02:28 AM
Can anyone answer the following?

1) When a Japanese name is parked at Namedrive with a Japanese keyword chosen - is it possible to see the end-user results (ie. what a resident in Japan would see) when using a USA IP address? (I keep seeing an English generic page which seems less useful than the one having my original English keywords.)

2) For non-Japanese speakers, what is the best way to find and choose keywords? Or revert to using the domain name itself?

3) For the option "Edit Advertising Region" for Japanese domains does it make any difference whether you choose "All Regions" or just "Asia" ?

4) Are other language IDN keywords being used by NameDrive, ie. Arabic, European, etc?

Many thanks for any input!

Best Regards

Edwin
11th June 2006, 06:57 AM
Finally! For the first full day of the "new regime" of ads, I had a CPM of $68 on my Japanese traffic. Of course, there's still very little of that at the moment, but that's very competitive with my US/UK traffic and over 10x what I was averaging before ND switched on the Japanese language ads properly!

seamo
11th June 2006, 07:45 AM
Hmm...I still seem to be having troubles, and I'm not sure what I'm doig wrong here guys!

I have tvip.jp, and am using インターネット電話 (internet telephone) as my keyword.

When I use the customise view, and select the country to Japan, and then refresh, I get a lovely page of Japanese voip ads. I then save changes, and exit.

As soon as I open the customise view again, it's all gone back to the english version.

This is the same for every IDN I'm trying to alter.

What am I missing here guys?

touchring
11th June 2006, 09:20 AM
I had a CPM of $68 on my Japanese traffic.

For me, it would take at least 2 weeks before enough names get their clicks to get the overall average CPM.

alex
11th June 2006, 03:19 PM
I also have a number of ASCII names parked at ND.

Although the views are lower, the CTR on my Japanese IDNs is three times 3x what it is for my ASCII domains. Of course, maybe that says more about the quality of my ASCII names than the strength of the IDNs.

alex
13th June 2006, 09:15 AM
Looking at the few clicks that are coming in now, a surprisingly high percentage of clicks are on .NET names.

Does this mean people are typing in Kanji words + .NET? Or does this mean they typed in the keyword only, but there was no site on the .COM so the browser connected to the next TLD that had a live site?

touchring
13th June 2006, 09:38 AM
I also have a number of ASCII names parked at ND.

Although the views are lower, the CTR on my Japanese IDNs is three times 3x what it is for my ASCII domains. Of course, maybe that says more about the quality of my ASCII names than the strength of the IDNs.

What is 3x? 20% or 30%? I'm getting an average of 21% for Japanese ads, which is low as compared to 37% for my overall portfolio.

As your ASCII names typos?

alex
13th June 2006, 10:34 AM
What is 3x? 20% or 30%? I'm getting an average of 21% for Japanese ads, which is low as compared to 37% for my overall portfolio.

As your ASCII names typos?

20%. My ASCII domains are not a traditional parking portfolio based on maximizing PPC. They are domains in areas related to my currently developed sites or future development plans.

Thanks for sharing your numbers. It will be interesting to hear from others as the traffic picks up.

Any thoughts on why I'm seeing .NET clicks?

touchring
13th June 2006, 01:16 PM
20%. My ASCII domains are not a traditional parking portfolio based on maximizing PPC. They are domains in areas related to my currently developed sites or future development plans.

Thanks for sharing your numbers. It will be interesting to hear from others as the traffic picks up.

Any thoughts on why I'm seeing .NET clicks?

Might be due to the existence of equivalent romaji websites in .net. People do not just type in .net out of no reason.

mulligan
13th June 2006, 01:26 PM
One of my best earners is a Turkish .net (SEDO)

alex
13th June 2006, 02:52 PM
One of my best earners is a Turkish .net (SEDO)

Interesting.

If this is any indication of future numbers, all the .NET domains I've been picking up may work out much better than I expected.

thefabfive
13th June 2006, 03:01 PM
Two of my best earners have been a Russian .net and a Farsi .net. The .com will always be more valuable, but the .net should be fine in the long run.

touchring
13th June 2006, 03:11 PM
Two of my best earners have been a Russian .net and a Farsi .net. The .com will always be more valuable, but the .net should be fine in the long run.

Might also be due to indexing, Google and Yahoo does not differentiate between .com and .net, both are converted into punycode once indexed. And once converted to punycode by the search engine 100% of users can access your idn, regardless of whether they installed IE7.