PDA

View Full Version : so..... whose jumping the boat and not regging ascii domains anymore? :P

IDNCowboy
9th January 2006, 05:26 AM
or .info etc

with the exception of .us or .tv or .com the other extensions like .biz won't be as hot...

touchring
9th January 2006, 06:41 AM
I bought 40 2-worded .us generics before the food.us hype. After that, when the prices went up, i "discovered" idns.

IDNCowboy
9th January 2006, 07:14 AM
IDN's = The best deal since the Wendy's $ menu ---- good names w/ nice overtures for a reasonable price LOL

get bills.com in idn for 7.95 hehehe

Rubber Duck
1st February 2006, 08:18 AM
IDN's = The best deal since the Wendy's $ menu ---- good names w/ nice overtures for a reasonable price LOL

get bills.com in idn for 7.95 hehehe

Yes, but that was last week!

Dave

gammascalper
1st February 2006, 03:59 PM
I bought 40 2-worded .us generics before the food.us hype. After that, when the prices went up, i "discovered" idns.

How did they do?

I've never understood that extension. It has no mindshare with me.

thefabfive
1st February 2006, 04:01 PM
I've only registered a handful of ascii .coms in the last month. But even those were IDN related... russianidns.com, arabicidn.com, idnsite.com.

The return just seems so much better with IDNs at this point that registering ascii .coms doesn't seem worth it.

touchring
1st February 2006, 04:06 PM
How did they do?

I've never understood that extension. It has no mindshare with me.

Most Americans or people staying in America treat .com as as America's ctld, but that is not the case for most people from other places, especially so for people from Asian countries. I'm sure you know that after dabbling in idn.com for so long.

A website with a .de or .co.uk extension gives the impression of being more trustworthy than say a .com. I must say that i somehow still got the impression that sedo is more reliable than afternic.com, because it has .de and .co.uk urls.

gammascalper
1st February 2006, 04:16 PM
I reg'd my last ascii .com at the beginning of last year.

I own possibly the shittiest collection of ascii .coms known to man.

IDNCowboy
1st February 2006, 04:16 PM
Most Americans or people staying in America treat .com as as America's ctld, but that is not the case for most people from other places, especially so for people from Asian countries. I'm sure you know that after dabbling in idn.com for so long.

A website with a .de or .co.uk extension gives the impression of being more trustworthy than say a .com. I must say that i somehow still got the impression that sedo is more reliable than afternic.com, because it has .de and .co.uk urls.
so why are you regging .com's in those languages ;P

Rubber Duck
1st February 2006, 04:36 PM

That certainly doesn't hold for the UK. In the UK large companies with high prestige and international reach use dot com. Dot co.uk is often used to specifically target the local market, but it is also used extensively small to medium sized companies. A top quoted company will generally go for a dot com.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

Rubber Duck
1st February 2006, 04:38 PM
I reg'd my last ascii .com at the beginning of last year.

I own possibly the shittiest collection of ascii .coms known to man.

I doubt that, you only have to look at the appraisals on DNForums to see just how many contenders there are for that title.

I think it is probably fair to say that most IDNers are former dot Commers that were frustrated by the depth and quality of their portfolios.

Dave

touchring
1st February 2006, 04:40 PM
so why are you regging .com's in those languages ;P

Well, .co.uk is too expensive, and good .de(s) are hard to find. So i went for .US, bought about 40 domains, registered some as well.

gammascalper
1st February 2006, 04:41 PM
I doubt that, you only have to look at the appraisals on DNForums to see just how many contenders there are for that title.

I think it is probably fair to say that most IDNers are former dot Commers that were frustrated by the depth and quality of their portfolios.

Dave

That was another LOL moment...