PDA

View Full Version : What's with the sea of red?

sarcle
15th June 2006, 03:53 PM
So I missed a few days here at the forum. Had a major tooth infection and had to have my wisdom teeth pulled been on some heavy antibiotics and pain killers. (Lymph Nodes the size of golf balls) I come back on today to see half of the active users names are red. I am a premium member also so I have the option to turning my name red as well but to tell you the truth all this red hurts my eyes. Is there any why we can choose colors? Like have our premium usernames in green, blue, yellow as well as red? Just a question.

Also. Did I miss anything big?

I see you guys laid into RJ it's about time that guy got it straight.

Anything else major I need to know about? Scammers? News? Extra?

Sorry still a little high from the drugs hope this all made sense.

Cheers.

mulligan
15th June 2006, 04:06 PM
How the heck do I turn my red off? Its driving me nuts and I cant find an option in the control panel...

bwhhisc
15th June 2006, 04:11 PM
Anything else major I need to know about? Scammers? News? Extra? Cheers.

Yes, this was potpourri week here at the forum, a little bit of everything!
Scammers-yes News-yes Extra fun, Oh yes, Jerry Springer would be proud Cheers- not for US Soccer lol

Probably more fun to read threads so we won't spoil the endings!

I agree colors would be more interesting for premium members.

gammascalper
15th June 2006, 04:37 PM
In your CP under 'Group Memberships' you should be able to turn it off.

mulligan
15th June 2006, 04:41 PM
Nothing there except 'There are currently no public usergroups available for you to join.'

gammascalper
15th June 2006, 04:47 PM
Strange... I see:

Registered Users Senior Member Identify me as a member of this group
Premium User
Optional membership for members who want more PM space & added prvilages
Premium Member Identify me as a member of this group

Maybe it's still there because I never changed it?

alpha
15th June 2006, 06:34 PM
Nothing there except 'There are currently no public usergroups available for you to join.'

it's under "group memberships", just select the identify me as a "senior member" radio button.

it just turns the red off.

i've turned mine off now. it did hurt the eyes. but i'm still greedy :p

DavyBUK
15th June 2006, 07:10 PM
I've got the same problem as Mulligan with the same message under Group Memberships....I want to turn it back to blue too !

Welcome back Adam :)

David

vgemito
15th June 2006, 08:26 PM
Just a reminder that turning off the red may have the unintended effect of also discouraging new contributors.

The more red that members and future members can see, the stronger the lesson before them: contribute like so many others.

Alternately, with few members visibly contributing, the temptation for other members and future members might be to argue "Why should I bother when no one else does?"

So, I think that until some other distinction is devised, it is better to risk "hurting" your eyes for the greater benefit of this forum.

Regards

sarcle
15th June 2006, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the welcomes back and for the pms from some of you.

It's been great catching back up...

But please, please, please... think about doing something with all the red names Olney.

Rubber Duck
15th June 2006, 10:56 PM
Just a reminder that turning off the red may have the unintended effect of also discouraging new contributors.

The more red that members and future members can see, the stronger the lesson before them: contribute like so many others.

Alternately, with few members visibly contributing, the temptation for other members and future members might be to argue "Why should I bother when no one else does?"

So, I think that until some other distinction is devised, it is better to risk "hurting" your eyes for the greater benefit of this forum.

Regards

I agree.

RD

sarcle
16th June 2006, 03:24 PM
I Dig the new color Olney. Anyway to give users choices of others? How can I personalize my "premium member" line?