PDA

View Full Version : TRAFFIC Silicon Valley

drbiohealth
10th January 2006, 03:56 AM
I just read the article on DN journal about the next domain conference to be held in Silicon Valley. Well, from what is written there certainly seems to be a lot of promise with a lot of business guys attending that conference. I feel this could be an ideal platform for marketing IDNs as well. Do you guys know if they having any session on IDNs? If not then, perhaps we can ask Rick et al to consider it. Or, do you people think that it may not be in their interest to market IDNs. What do you all have to say?

http://www.dnjournal.com/articles/events/traffic-siliconvalley-2006preview.htm

gammascalper
10th January 2006, 04:01 AM
I just read the article on DN journal about the next domain conference to be held in Silicon Valley. Well, from what is written there certainly seems to be a lot of promise with a lot of business guys attending that conference. I feel this could be an ideal platform for marketing IDNs as well. Do you guys know if they having any session on IDNs? If not then, perhaps we can ask Rick et al to consider it. Or, do you people think that it may not be in their interest to market IDNs. What do you all have to say?

http://www.dnjournal.com/articles/events/traffic-siliconvalley-2006preview.htm

I'd rather see an IDN conference held in Tokyo, Shanghai, Hong Kong -- actually, anywhere in Asia.

Bangkok?

drbiohealth
10th January 2006, 05:38 AM
Well, I guess this certainly would not be a one time affair. However, right now focus should be on what is at hand. What you guys think?

Olney
10th January 2006, 01:41 PM
I think heavy hitters would probably more likely try to buy up good IDN domains before informing the public...
Just joking I got no clue... y'all

IDNCowboy
10th January 2006, 04:08 PM
We're already letting other forums know which is fine but if we bring it up to those big guys all the good names will be gone overnight

gammascalper
10th January 2006, 04:13 PM
We're already letting other forums know which is fine but if we bring it up to those big guys all the good names will be gone overnight

It'll take a little while for them to get up-to-speed in data mining in multiple languages. It took them years to do it in English. Depends on what you're looking for, but from my perspective, I find about 1 good name out of 100 searches or thereabouts.

In the meantime, they can pay-up for the great ones from folks on this forum.

Rubber Duck
10th January 2006, 04:25 PM

It'll take a little while for them to get up-to-speed in data mining in multiple languages. It took them years to do it in English. Depends on what you're looking for, but from my perspective, I find about 1 good name out of 100 searches or thereabouts.

In the meantime, they can pay-up for the great ones from folks on this forum.

Data Mining in IDN is more than feasible. They do not need to know what any of the stuff means, just whether is has traffic or not. They probably wouldn't even start with Unicode, but randomly generate punycode which is such a compact encodement it is bound to represent something, however, randomly generated.

The main thing we have on our side for now, is that they cannot make sensible decisions based on current traffic. The other reason that they will not be interested for now is that there is nowhere sensible to monetize the traffic and to do that efficiently is going to require some knowledge.

I don't think it wil be too long before you start to see the Data Mining start though!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon