PDA

View Full Version : The Duck's take on Beta 3

Rubber Duck
17th June 2006, 02:34 PM
I have been asking myself why this is really necessary? Why couldn't they just do a bit of tweeking with Automatic Updates. Beta 2 is pretty stable and only really has a series of minor problems.

Well, obviously the better the product is at full release the less "After Sales Service" will be involved, which will save them a lot of time and money. But I don't think that is it.

What happen if they release the full version and it overwrites everybodies IE 6.0, but then when they try to update EI 7.0 it just won't update. The whole of the Internet would be absolutely hamstrung whilst Microsoft worked out some devious fix to get around the problem.

My personal view is that they wish to overwrite tens of thousands of Beta 2s with Beta 3 which is to all intents and purposes the same thing with a bit of tweeking, just to satisfy themselves that they can do it, not only on their machines, but on a wide variety of different architectures running a huge permutation of different combination of software.

bwhhisc
17th June 2006, 04:05 PM
Good thought, probably very much truism here...Microsoft is going to be offering you a job before this is all over! lol

Rubber Duck
17th June 2006, 04:14 PM
It will be interesting to see if those with Beta 2 Autoupdate when Beta 3 is released.

alpha
17th June 2006, 04:52 PM
Good thought, probably very much truism here...Microsoft is going to be offering you a job before this is all over! lol

I read in the news they have a vacancy of sorts

Rubber Duck
17th June 2006, 04:54 PM
I read in the news they have a vacancy of sorts

Of course, I would love to help out, but I am pretty busy these days.