PDA

View Full Version : New IDN info site...

bwhhisc
17th June 2006, 04:15 PM
I had not seen this mentioned yet here. Good plugs for IDNF.
Blind WhoIs...anyone taking credit?

http://www.idnfaq.com/index.php?option=com_newsfeeds&task=view&feedid=23&Itemid=39

thefabfive
17th June 2006, 04:21 PM
I can't remember the member's name (one of the Alexes?) but he is here. This site has been up for a while. Looks like he's done some upgrading though.

Very nice.

bwhhisc
17th June 2006, 04:26 PM
Nice site. There is a search engine offered on the site called "Technorati" anyone tried it for idn or any scripts?

alex
17th June 2006, 04:40 PM
I can't remember the member's name (one of the Alexes?) but he is here. This site has been up for a while. Looks like he's done some upgrading though.

Thank for the compliments.

Actually, I haven't had time to do much on it yet. It really needs a complete overhaul. It's on the back burner though, while I work on developing some Japanese sites.

I would be happy to add articles if anyone wants to contribute. :)

Technorati (http://www.technorati.com/) is a blog aggregator which does support foreign languages.

bwhhisc
17th June 2006, 04:48 PM
]Technorati[/url] is a blog aggregator which does support foreign languages.

Can you elaborate on that.
Have you done any good idn mining with it?

alex
17th June 2006, 07:23 PM
Can you elaborate on that.
Have you done any good idn mining with it?

None at all. I've been kept busy with other resources, but I'm sure it could be a good tool.

People sign up and register their blog/site RSS feed so that each new post they make is indexed by Technorati. So you have a searchable database on all topics that are spreading through the blog world. In addition, you can create personalized search feeds on topics based on keyword settings from all the collected feeds.

Technorati is one of many similar services.

From the About page:

Technorati displays what's important in the blogosphere — which bloggers are commanding attention, what ideas are rising in prominence, and the speed at which these conversations are taking place. Technorati makes it possible for you to find out what people on the Internet are saying about you, your company, your products, your competitors, your politics, or other areas of interest — all in real-time. All this activity is monitored and indexed within minutes of posting. Technorati provides a live view of the global conversation of the web.

From the Wiki:

As of June 2006, Technorati indexes over 44.1 million weblogs.

Technorati is blocked by China.