PDA

View Full Version : Buyer Beware

alpha
17th June 2006, 09:41 PM
Over the last few hours, myself and Mulligan have been battling a persistent banned member who insisting on logging on under different profiles and posting for sale threads.

While the IP address may give this away, to a potential buyer all I can say is beware.

If you value knowing who you are doing business with, use common sense when buying, and always check the whois info on the Domain Name in question, if you are not at all sure, then ask for a reference - any seller of IDN's is more than likely a past of buying/selling names - even if it is via another forum.

Rubber Duck
17th June 2006, 10:13 PM
Over the last few hours, myself and Mulligan have been battling a persistent banned member who insisting on logging on under different profiles and posting for sale threads.

While the IP address may give this away, to a potential buyer all I can say is beware.

If you value knowing who you are doing business with, use common sense when buying, and always check the whois info on the Domain Name in question, if you are not at all sure, then ask for a reference - any seller of IDN's is more than likely a past of buying/selling names - even if it is via another forum.

This is one of the reasons that unsubscribed access to the sales threads is not necessarily a good idea. If you took $20 off him each time before banning him he would soon give up!

jose
17th June 2006, 10:32 PM
This is one of the reasons that unsubscribed access to the sales threads is not necessarily a good idea. If you took $20 off him each time before banning him he would soon give up!

It's the only way to go. Sonner or later we'll have to do it.

qqjj
18th June 2006, 01:02 AM
We can require a minimum number of post (say 10) before one can initiate a new thread in the sale forums. It shouldn't be that hard to implement with vBulletin.

I suppose some sellers from China may not have US$ to begin with and they cannot upgrade the membership before selling.