PDA

View Full Version : Japanese language domain escrow services?

alex
17th June 2006, 11:24 PM
Does Escrow.com, Moniker, Sedo or any other English language escrow service have a Japanese language portal or interface?

If not, can anyone recommend a Japanese-only escrow service?

Has anyone made escrow transactions with Japanese buyers?

IDNCowboy
17th June 2006, 11:53 PM
Does Escrow.com, Moniker, Sedo or any other English language escrow service have a Japanese language portal or interface?

Don't use escrow.com .... The other party can keep the domain while getting your money if they are sneaky.

I've used Moniker twice. The CEO handles all of the transactions. It is in english only.

Sedo has staff in many countries including Germany and the UK. I'm not sure about Japanese. I do think I read somewhere that they were starting up an Asian version(Escrow).

Rubber Duck
17th June 2006, 11:54 PM

May be that is a question that needs to be put to Sedo?

alpha
19th June 2006, 09:32 AM
Don't use escrow.com .... The other party can keep the domain while getting your money if they are sneaky.

I've used Moniker twice. The CEO handles all of the transactions. It is in english only.

Sedo has staff in many countries including Germany and the UK. I'm not sure about Japanese. I do think I read somewhere that they were starting up an Asian version(Escrow).

yes, i've posted about problems using escrow with IDN.

.. but I hear there's a new kid on the block.

domainguru
19th June 2006, 09:38 AM

But they can handle IDN transactions, right?

IDNCowboy
19th June 2006, 02:15 PM
But they can handle IDN transactions, right?
My last escrow transaction on Moniker was an IDN

alpha
19th June 2006, 02:17 PM
My last escrow transaction on Moniker was an IDN

can you remember off the top of your head what they charged? was it a flat fee or %?

IDNCowboy
19th June 2006, 02:21 PM
can you remember off the top of your head what they charged? was it a flat fee or %?
Based on what I paid it calculated to be 7 1/2 %.

However they are also a registrar so thats the other plus over escrow.com as they can make sure nothing happens in the process.

domainguru
19th June 2006, 02:27 PM

However they are also a registrar so thats the other plus over escrow.com as they can make sure nothing happens in the process.

That's still a "take the piss" percentage for just providing an escrow service though.

Rubber Duck
19th June 2006, 02:27 PM

That is way too much, unless it includes Currency exchange, wire fees and is on a comparatively small transaction.

IDNCowboy
19th June 2006, 02:30 PM
That is way too much, unless it includes Currency exchange, wire fees and is on a comparatively small transaction.

Wire Fees and Paypal payments cost more. Paypal you need to add on the fees and a wire you'll have to add on $20.

$75 might have been the minimum fee for an escrow as it was a small amount. It may stay as a small percentage on big transactions.

However show me some places that charge less than 7.5%

domainguru
19th June 2006, 02:33 PM
Escrow.com is 10%

Wire Fees and Paypal payments cost more. Paypal you need to add on the fees and a wire you'll have to add on $20.

$75 might have been the minimum fee for an escrow as it was a small amount. It may stay as a small percentage on big transactions.

I believe escrow.com is 10% or at least used to be.

Why print stuff you don't even know about? escrow.com is nowhere near 10%, and never has been. It's 3% odd for small transactions down to less than 1% for big transactions. Also, they allow multiple domains. Moniker seem to add charges on for whatever you do, including adding more domains into the transaction.

Rubber Duck
19th June 2006, 02:34 PM
Escrow.com is 10%

I believe escrow.com is 10% or at least used to be.

Jeff once again you have show you willingness to talk before appraising yourself of the facts. Some of us have actually used Escrow.com for such transactions.

Sedo is 3%. I think Escrow dot com is on a sliding scale, but is comparable. The problem comes for non US users as wire fees are double.

IDNCowboy
19th June 2006, 02:36 PM
Jeff once again you have show you willingness to talk before appraising yourself of the facts. Some of us have actually used Escrow.com for such transactions.

Sedo is 3%. I think Escrow dot com is on a sliding scale, but is comparable. The problem comes for non US users as wire fees are double.
My mistake. I could have sworn they used to be more as I've compared their fees on a few occasions maybe a year ago... However escrow.com sucks and I prefer Moniker.com. Lets put it that way. The extra fee is worth it to not get ripped off at the end. The seller can change the whois details and then tell Escrow.com it was transfered when it wasn't.

Also, I won't use some service that sprouts up today unless they can prove to be a reputable company.

RD calm down

domainguru
19th June 2006, 02:39 PM
They used to be more as I've compared their fees on a few occasions maybe a year ago...

RD calm down

Why print "Escrow.com is 10%" when you clearly haven't got a clue what they charge? I have used them consistently over the last 5 years, and they have never been expensive. I'm not even sure their rates have changed, though they may have altered a bit.

If you prefer Moniker, that's fine, that's your right. But don't print misleading statements off the top of your head like they charge 10% - that's just lazy and wrong. I have used escrow.com for 100 plus transactions, and never had one go wrong, so they can't be all bad.

IDNCowboy
19th June 2006, 02:40 PM
Why print "Escrow.com is 10%" when you clearly haven't got a clue what they charge? I have used them consistently over the last 5 years, and they have never been expensive. I'm not even sure their rates have changed, though they may have altered a bit.
I made a mistake calm down.
Look whats the point of this forum if everyone is going to pounce on each other RD + DG?

Again, I would NEVER use escrow.com again. I've used it several times. (Edit: No I have never been ripped off with it however some have)

Mods, I know that you'll have bias towards RD etc but after today and yesterday I can't believe you're keeping your cool and letting him get away with his behavior. Even after the Nippon television thread. PM posting is a no no.

domainguru
19th June 2006, 02:43 PM
I made a mistake calm down.
Look whats the point of this forum if everyone is going to pounce on each other RD + DG?

Again, I would NEVER use escrow.com again. I've used it several times.

Seems like you have had a bad experience with escrow.com? Been ripped off even? that's bad news if that happened. But it shouldn't lead to you "making up facts" about them which aren't remotely true. Perhaps you should edit your original post which says they charge 10%.

IDNCowboy
19th June 2006, 02:44 PM
Seems like you have had a bad experience with escrow.com? Been ripped off even? that's bad news if that happened. But it shouldn't lead to you "making up facts" about them which aren't remotely true. Perhaps you should edit your original post which says they charge 10%.
If you took the time to look I did already when I was corrected. You shouldn't be trying to pick fights here. I apologized for my mistake. Go outside and get some fresh air. It's over and done with. The point was made and it was corrected.

domainguru
19th June 2006, 02:47 PM
If you took the time to look I did already when I was corrected. You shouldn't be trying to pick fights here. I apologized for my mistake. Go outside and get some fresh air. It's over and done with. The point was made and it was corrected.

I refreshed the page 3 mins ago, and it was still there. I wouldn't have asked if I had seen you had already made the alteration.

I am not attempting to pick a fight. Just get a factual error corrected. All done.

Rubber Duck
19th June 2006, 02:47 PM
For everyone benefit I have opened their tool and drop out some typical prices (standard service) exclusive of wire fees.

$ 100 $25

$500 $25

$1000 $32.50

$2000 $65

$3000 $97.50

$5000 $162.50

$10,000 $175.50

Clearly if you are small time then you would get hammered at 10%!

alpha
19th June 2006, 02:48 PM
...Mods, I know that you'll be bias towards RD etc ...

not true. anyone who steps out of line will get a slap.

everyone chill out please!