PDA

View Full Version : IDN Forums is now 9 months old....

Olney
18th June 2006, 10:33 AM
Just a week ago IDN Forums turned 9 months old.
The site was created on September 11th 2005

Truth be told most people don't know I've only been into IDNs since August 2005. So I haven't even gone through my first reregistrations yet.

As the site & my registrations turn 1 year old I think it's wise to set goals.
In September I had about 20 IDNs & now I'm at about 600.

I'm going to register till my one year mark. Selling a few along the way.
I'm selectively buying now till then.
Then hopefully I want to archive the portfolio for about a year or 2.
(Some will be developed while others parked, some pointed to affiliate programs)

There are tons of options, software, & peers available now that wasn't 9 months ago. Some members are already past their 1 year mark but I think by pooling together we all gained great amounts of knowledge together.

I'd like to know if anyone else is going to set one year goals or end of the year goals for their portfolios...

In 9 months we've added a new dimension to the Domaining Industry.

Rubber Duck
18th June 2006, 10:44 AM
I think once the traffic kicks in seriously, most people will just lock down, sit and start serious development. What you haven't managed to scrape together in the next 3 months just isn't going to be affordable for all but a few. Won't take much traffic to cover reg fees.

alex
18th June 2006, 11:16 AM
Well, I hopped on this IDN wave a little late (early this year). However, I did register my first Japanese character names back in 2000. Unfortunately, they used a proprietary system which never took off. That experience turned me off to Japanese character domains for a long time and caused me to hesitate before jumping in this time.

After building a modest portfolio in February, I forced myself to stop registering after reaching a self-imposed budget ceiling. However, the recent developments at NameDrive with Japanese keywords has caused me to revise my budget, expand my portfolio and make a much more serious commitment to IDN. At this point, I've nearly hit my second financial ceiling and I am shifting my focus to development.

My short-term goal is to establish a range of developed sites so they're ready and waiting for the launch of IE7.

A secondary, longer-term goal is to nail down a method for buyer/seller-friendly and secure Japanese language sales, which may include developing a public listing site.

Special thanks to you, Olney, and Edwin for sparking my interest.