PDA

View Full Version : Some typos in spanish for appraisal

kektex
18th June 2006, 03:27 PM
Hello,
I registered the following typos in spanish.The accent (`) is backwards as opposed to forward (´) which is a very common mistake to make in spanish keyboards:
fàcil.com (easy.com)
guìa.com (guide.com)
informaciòn.com (information.com)

What do you guys think?

Rubber Duck
18th June 2006, 03:31 PM
Hello,
I registered the following typos in spanish.The accent (`) is backwards as opposed to forward (´) which is a very common mistake to make in spanish keyboards:
fàcil.com (easy.com)
guìa.com (guide.com)
informaciòn.com (information.com)

What do you guys think?

The bottom line is, nobody can say until they start getting traffic. If and when they do, you won't need our opinion. At least though they are Generic Typos.

kektex
18th June 2006, 03:43 PM
The bottom line is, nobody can say until they start getting traffic. If and when they do, you won't need our opinion. At least though they are Generic Typos.

Cool, thanks! I`ve just posted them in Sedo so I can get some quick traffic stats.

touchring
18th June 2006, 06:12 PM
It will be interesting to know if they get real traffic. Even the original terms might not get much more than 1 or 2 views a day.

thefabfive
18th June 2006, 06:18 PM
Be sure to check your terms on Google.com/trends (http://www.google.com/trends) to gauge the quality of the typo. This will be a very useful tool in typo searching.

Rubber Duck
18th June 2006, 06:20 PM
My comments were not intended to suggest they would, indeed, my personal opinion is that it is unlikely. What I was trying to point out that is that Typos have no inherent value other than accidental capture of traffic. Some capture a lot, others almost none. This effect, however, can ultimately only be measured from the traffic stats.

I personally would never buy a typo, as I greatly suspect that many are taken in by engineered traffic stats. I suspect that many other experienced domainers are similarly cautious.

I would not advocate that anyone with good knowledge of the Typo business get involved with IDN Typos at this stage of the game.

Drewbert
19th June 2006, 01:14 AM
I estimate these wold get between 0.5 and 2% of the traffic levels of the domain with the correct accent, which probably will get around 0.5 to 2% of the traffic levels of the non-accented version. :(

touchring
19th June 2006, 01:46 AM
So it would seem that this method will not work. If the accented term gets only 1 or 2 views a day, and the typo gets 1% of 1 or 2 views.... :o

huronargentino
19th June 2006, 02:16 AM
As native spanish speaker, wont get any trafic, at least from spanish speaking people

kektex
19th June 2006, 11:29 PM
I`m also a native spanish speaker (venezuelan). I got the idea to register these (my first IDNs) as a test since I know I`ve made that mistake a lot.
I also registered:
puño.com (fist.com)
campañapublicitaria.com (ad campaign)
as my first batch of IDNs to test this new (to me) ground.

Thanks for your opinions everyone! I`ll stay away from accented words (correctly and typos) from now on.