PDA

View Full Version : English Ovts Bids vs Japanse Ovt. Bids

thegenius1
19th June 2006, 05:40 PM
After hearing Olney stress Numerous times that Japanese Companies Have Huge Ad Budgets i decided to Have this Face Off

CITY Real Estate
Advertiser's Max Bid: $10.00) California (state )
(Advertiser's Max Bid: $3.52) Chicago (city)
(Advertiser's Max Bid: $1.31) New York (city / state)
(Advertiser's Max Bid: $1.03) Philadelphia (city)
(Advertiser's Max Bid: $2.53) Florida (state )
$10.00, $3.52 , $1.31 , $1.03 , $2.53
2nd Bids
$2.00, $3.01 , $1.31 , $1.02 , $1.46 ,

Amount of Companies in Competition
33 , 32 , 37 , 23

VS

Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥716 東京不動産 Tokyo (state)
Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥812 横浜不動産 Yokohoma (city )
Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥515 大阪不動産 Osaka (city/ state )
Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥813 川崎不動産 Kawasaki (city)
Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥651 神奈川不動産 Kanagawa (state)
$6.20 , $7.03 , $4.46 , $7.04 , $5.63

2nd Bids
$6.19 , $7.02 , $4.45 , $7.03 , $5.62

Amount of Companies in Competition
89 , 63 , 47 , 73

My Analysis cleary shows that Japan Wins Hands down , Even when it appears California Beats Tokyo , you have to take a deeper look that the next Top Bid for California is $2.00 , and Tokyo is mainly 700 Yen across the Board.

This Real Estate Comparison Shows Japan Pay approx. 40% more , witch means the domains should sell for more , and pay per click should be 40% more.

English
Real Estate - Top Bid
(Advertiser's Max Bid: $1.02)

VS

Japanese
不動産 Real Estate- Top Bid

Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥315 $2.72

ゴルフ Golf
Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥154 1.33

Vs

Golf
Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.78

ホテル Hotel

Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥107 $0.92

Vs

Hotel
Advertiser's Max Bid:$1.26

ローン Loan

Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥2,405 $20.84

Vs

Loan

Advertiser's Max Bid: $3.83

中古車 Used Car

(Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥238$2.06

Vs

Used Car

Advertiser's Max Bid: $0.82

出会 Dating

Advertiser's Max Bid: ¥686$5.94

Vs

Dating

Advertiser's Max Bid: $1.03

So Now im looking for some facts to back up why A Japanese Domain Name cant Demand the Same price Tags as English Domains when this cleary shows they Spedn atleast Double on ADs

The Following Keywords Above shows Japan Companies Pay 4x as much as US companies , Witch again means PPC should be 4x more and there is no excuse that these domains cant command English Domain Price Tags.

Temporarily Use http://XE.com to do currecny Conversition untill i can add it to the Thread

Rubber Duck
19th June 2006, 06:32 PM
So Now im looking for some facts to back up why A Japanese Domain Name cant Demand the Same price Tags as English Domains when this cleary shows they Spedn atleast Double on ADs

[B]

Quite simple. Everyone knows at the back of their minds that ASCII domains have a limited shelf life in Asia. Perhaps they do not know what an IDN is or how it works, but they will understand that the current system is inadequate to their needs and will eventually be replaced.

dnid
20th June 2006, 06:24 AM
For some reason there are two threads with the same post? I am reposting my reply from the other thread here as well.

That is great news for people who own Japanese domains.

However, with that limited data it's hard to make an accurate judgement of the entire PPC market. For example, it could also be that Japanese are bidding on the "big" terms whereas the English market has matured more and bidders have moved on to the niche terms.

In the earlier days of English PPC, many companies would just bid on the main term in a sector, for example "golf". Then, as bidding strategies matured, the money moved to the niche terms like "golf swing", "golf course", golf clubs", "golf balls", "golf lessons", "golf carts", etc. As the money moved from the big terms to the niche terms, the bids on the main terms often dropped somewhat.

You would need to take a look at a wider variety of terms, including those that are more targeted, to get a good idea of bid pricing in both languages.

Also, how many bidders are there driving those prices in each market? If there are five bids on the term 'golf" in Japanese and fifty in English, you may need to to take that into consideration as well as bidders sometimes have a monthly budget which runs out, so more bidders is better.

The news is good, but more research is needed. :)

thegenius1
20th June 2006, 06:36 AM
Yes i decided to repost it with a Poll , so people could vote

You are absoluty correct that a bigger breakdown is needed , but it appears to me with just this little experiment Japan Wins Hands Down on all of the Comparisons but 1 , But if you notice on the Real Estate Terms i listed the Amount of Companies in Competition bidding on the Words and they almost Doulbe the amount of US comapnies . Amount of US companies in Competition
33 , 32 , 37 , 23 on those major Citys , Japan Company Competition on there major citys 89 , 63 , 47 , 73

And i know you where using golf as just a example but Japan Has more Companies Bidding on Golf aswell then The US : Japan 37 US 29

Also, how many bidders are there driving those prices in each market? If there are five bids on the term 'golf" in Japanese and fifty in English, you may need to to take that into consideration as well as bidders sometimes have a monthly budget which runs out, so more bidders is better.

More research is Definitley needed but i feel very very confindent in my 35%-45% More Vote

Would love to see more Votes and for some IDners to add to the breakdown