PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for forum for non-IDN domains

MediaHound
17th September 2005, 08:58 AM
Nice work, the forum is looking great and will proove to be a great resource in some time.

I was searching around and I realized there is no forum to discuss non-IDN domains, or sell non-IDN domains. May I make a suggestion to add such a forum?

TIA

Rubber Duck
17th September 2005, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the Forum.

This is obviously not for me to decide, but whilst I would welcome a section for conventional domains with an International perspective, I would hate to think that this Forum was going to swamped with requests for appraisals for a meriade of two bit dot coms etc., as is the case elsewhere.

I would hope that the Ethos of this Forum would be primarily to provide an exchange of information on IDN Market, which although small at the moment, will probably grow to such an extent that soon conventional domains, i.e those that don't require punycode, will become a bit of Special Case.

My most cherished wish is that the site can be developed at some point with language tools, so that this exchange of information can extend to interchanges between individuals who have no knowledge of each others languages. This would also provide a means of exchange of Online Real Estate around the globe.

Anyway, it nice to see a new member and one that is posting opinions. Critisism is always useful!

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

MediaHound
17th September 2005, 11:17 AM
I don't think I'm being critical with that request.
Besides, we don't have to allow appraisals... just a place to post names for sale and another to discuss the non-IDN market in general.

imported_admin
17th September 2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the suggestion MD
This site has been up for about a week & my company has only been buying IDNs for little over a month.
You suggestion is pretty good.
Members like Dave actually make me feel glad that we can contribute to this theme & offer informations others might not be able to because of language limitations.

So long story short. I didn't post a general section at first because I didn't want to try to be in the exact same category as DNForum.com, NamePros.com, or DNJournal. I think all of us are members of dnForum & as the site owner would hate for any of them to think we are competing.

But in a weeks time I think we pretty much are putting up information that might not be available anywere else on IDNs from real world stats.

I'll add a general section.

As suggested I think we are going to stay away from Generic Domain name Appraisals because
1. I pretty much think the English Domain Name market is sewn up people are registering names just to try to find gold
2. The system for appraising IDNs (like you already know) is completely different currently.
3. There are already 2 or 3 great sites for that...

Would all of you think that initially 2 sections would be enough?

1. General Domain Name Discussions
2. General Domains, Wanted, For Sale, Auction etc.

MediaHound
17th September 2005, 01:52 PM
Yes, I didn't want an appraisal section either.