PDA

View Full Version : where can i check arabic overture?

jaik
24th June 2006, 02:44 PM
hi,
where can i check arabic overture
thanks,
jaik

thefabfive
24th June 2006, 02:59 PM
There is no Arabic specific Ovt yet. Most the numbers quoted here for Arabic domains are US Ovt. Some Arabic domains show up on other Ovt but US is usually the highest.

jaik
24th June 2006, 03:15 PM
is us ovt with 168 good to reg for arabic word?

yanni
24th June 2006, 03:40 PM
Yup

jaik
25th June 2006, 07:31 AM
Yup
as there is no arabic ovt to check, what would be minimum ovt score to check arabic names on us ovt?
also .net good for arabic names?
is there otherway to check if the word is valuable?
thanks,
jaik

alpha
25th June 2006, 07:44 AM
is there otherway to check if the word is valuable?...

you'll find people here use a combination of tools to measure a name.

1.US overture. I have personally regged names that have an ovt as low as 150

2. Google Trends, if you can find a few "known" good arabic names, then you can compare yours to these. Have a look through the past auctions/sales threads for some examples

3. Google Hits. A name with a low overture but high google hits, means it may not be a natural type in/search, but is very popular in the language

again, your best advice is to browse the for sale forums, you will see people quoting each of the above when selling. You should be able to build up a benchmark as to what is generally considered a "strong" word here.

jaik
25th June 2006, 07:51 AM
you'll find people here use a combination of tools to measure a name.

1.US overture. I have personally regged names that have an ovt as low as 150

2. Google Trends, if you can find a few "known" good arabic names, then you can compare yours to these. Have a look through the past auctions/sales threads for some examples

3. Google Hits. A name with a low overture but high google hits, means it may not be a natural type in/search, but is very popular in the language

again, your best advice is to browse the for sale forums, you will see people quoting each of the above when selling. You should be able to build up a benchmark as to what is generally considered a "strong" word here.
thanks friend,as u have advised i will research past arabic sales thread so that i get an idea about it