PDA

View Full Version : back order an IDN?

waton
27th June 2006, 12:47 PM
hello everyone, back order domain is really popular this days, however, I have found troubles to find a place where to back order an IDN domain name, anyone has an advice?

Best Regards,
Mariano.

Rubber Duck
27th June 2006, 12:51 PM
hello everyone, back order domain is really popular this days, however, I have found troubles to find a place where to back order an IDN domain name, anyone has an advice?

Best Regards,
Mariano.

Yes, unless you are able to write you own script and are a lot better at it than the competition, then I would forget it. This was big news six months ago. Most players have accepted that the game is up.

waton
27th June 2006, 01:09 PM
Thank you rubber duck for your quick response, from what I understand ( my first language is spanish ) there´s no registrars where to place a back order, I guess the right thing to do is to wait until the names expires and later register it,

I see that you have many posts in this forum, you may know a good and very RELIABLE registrar where to move or transfer an existing IDn, can you recommend one?

Best Regards,
Mariano.

Rubber Duck
27th June 2006, 01:15 PM
Thank you rubber duck for your quick response, from what I understand ( my first language is spanish ) there´s no registrars where to place a back order, I guess the right thing to do is to wait until the names expires and later register it,

I see that you have many posts in this forum, you may know a good and very RELIABLE registrar where to move or transfer an existing IDn, can you recommend one?

Best Regards,
Mariano.

That is precisely correct, but all the good stuff goes with a few thousands of a second, which is why you need the automated scripting. Effectively you need to establish your own drop service.

I use Domainsite.com. It will not refund bad registrations but it does have an excellent interface. I believe Moniker does IDN now. They make some very brave claims about being the most secure register on the Internet.