PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to register a name with Engish and Thai Combination?

TrafficDomainer
27th June 2006, 07:44 PM
I tried registering a domain name that has a combination of English and Thai alphabets but the reg didn't go through. Anyone knows if this is possible? I tried domainsite, dynadot and dotster without any success.

blastfromthepast
27th June 2006, 07:51 PM
I tried domainsite, dynadot and dotster without any success.

Then, not possible.

Because some evil westerners abused the IDN system, they have restricted the use of mixed script domains.

TrafficDomainer
27th June 2006, 07:57 PM
Then, not possible.

Because some evil westerners abused the IDN system, they have restricted the use of mixed script domains.

That's too bad. The name has a very high overture score. Any suggestion if I can take this matter further with any organization?

blastfromthepast
27th June 2006, 08:14 PM
That's too bad. The name has a very high overture score. Any suggestion if I can take this matter further with any organization?

First, try emailing dynadot's support first and ask them to "hand register" the domain.

There are also many Russian+Latin combinations that are used in Russian that are impossible to register because of this problem.

I doubt that we can complain enough to get rid of the restrictions on mixed scripts, but if enough people demand it it may be possible someday.

It's not fair that mixed Japanese + Latin and Chinese + Latin is possible to register, but other languages are restricted!