PDA

View Full Version : New Site - Is it useful?

huronargentino
13th January 2006, 06:06 PM
Hi, my name is JP, also know as Huron or Findacodder in some forums.
I have been in the IDN domains industry for about an year.
I started with Spanish IDNs and some Portuguese.

This year reged some Japanese and Chinese ones and now i also own some german, polish and hebrew ones.
I decided to open a new forum about IDNs and noticed that some of the people in this business did not like me to open another forum.

I made a mistake in my forum about the gay.com translation (that Olney corrected) and maybe that made feel him i wanted to fool people insted of helping this community.
My simple idea was to help the yet undeveloped IDN market to grow, as i did with the spanish market for the .es domains.
I think that would benefit all of us.

Maybe you dont think the same i am, just dont know
I wont post here the name of the site, at least not here, because i want to know what you all think, included Olney (that i talked before).
I dont want to earn money from the forum, i just have some ads for the host, that gets nothing, i just want to develope a good community and without your help cant do it.

Maybe its not the time to do it, maybe its not good to have another forum to talk apart from this one, just dont know

I think that can help a lot.
But we have to decide this all together.

IDNCowboy
13th January 2006, 07:27 PM
yea i'll probably join you as ppl like dave seem to rule this forum with the golden arm

huronargentino
13th January 2006, 10:11 PM
Thans for the opinion

Rubber Duck
13th January 2006, 10:23 PM
Maybe you dont think the same i am, just dont know
I wont post here the name of the site, at least not here, because i want to know what you all think, included Olney (that i talked before).
I dont want to earn money from the forum, i just have some ads for the host, that gets nothing, i just want to develope a good community and without your help cant do it.

Maybe its not the time to do it, maybe its not good to have another forum to talk apart from this one, just dont know

I think that can help a lot.
But we have to decide this all together.

There are already members of this Forum that have their own Forums notably Chinese Sites in Taiwan. This is not an issue an Olney has been proactive in making members aware of these other Forums.

I don't think that is a serious risk that the existence of other Forums is going to provide a serious competitive threat to this Forum simply because of the momentum that we now have. From my personal point of view I am happy to see IDN being promoted in whatever forum.

Local alternate forums clearly provide an excellent way of providing information on local markets in local languages that a single site cannot realistically do as well. Of course we would all hope that there is a continuing exchange of information by means of cross-membership. Not speaking Spanish myself I probably won't participate there, but I am sure there are others with a vested interest in Spanish Domains that would be regular visitors.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

bramiozo
13th January 2006, 11:26 PM
I think a bit of competition is healthy and will improve usability, it will certainly catch a wider audience.

bwhhisc
14th January 2006, 12:44 AM
JP- Good Luck with your forum. I concur that there is a lot of momentum here at IDNF and that certainly isn't going to change. I hope you and Jeff still continue to visit and contribute here.

And for Dave...don't break pace with your welcome thoughts, ideas, and interpretations on this IDN industry. You have added some good reading and thought provoking editorial. Anyone is welcome to challenge all views, and add their ideas, knowledge and insights. Until things unfold over the next few years, this forum provides a unique opportunity to envision the future of this (often referred to) "speculative" industry.

Olney
14th January 2006, 12:47 AM
Huron's forum is www.idnpros.com

If you are talking about me
I specifically wrote you & said
It's OK for you to put your forum in your signiture
It's OK for you to make a thread announcing your forum.
I think it is my choice to actually decided if I want to personally recommend your forum which is less than 1 week old.

It's a matter of content. I've been a website developer for 8 years & heavily into SEO for 3.

Personally in the last 4 months there is a massive change in attitude with IDN domains in general
I hope I can take some of the credit for that along with other members here who helped to changed the attitude of domainers

My focus is to open up the market by providing valuable info on the market & hopefully others continue to contribute to this.

The other Chinese forums are well established & providing unique content
I don't look at your site as competition but just want you to develop it a bit before I personally recommend it.

If you want to promote your site you can, you are a member.

As far as your domain that I kept refering to that you registered. Those that are in the IDN market can remember just 4 months ago where IDN equaled scam.
I really wanted to help change this attitude.
You posted a Japanese domain name (which is my second laguage) & wrote it meant Gay.com
I corrected you to say it meant merry, & happy, not gay as in homosexual.
After that you posted it again in the forum as being a premium domain meaning Gay.com
Then you posted it on NamePros.com as being Gay.com
Then your forum just opened this week & again you posted it as being Gay.com

I'm around people who can't speak English everyday but a correction of a translation is a correction.
You are a businessman & fully understand that the translation is misleading.
Since the owner of the forum is posting misleading sales will the site better the IDN community is what I needed to think about.
If you promote your site that's fine we don't have any rules regarding this in signitures etc.

If you were just a member of the forum & blatantly had a misleading sale it would be different but you are the owner.

I don't want incorrect translations here, if I purposely abuse being the owner of the forum for my own gains I will loose respect of the members.

So again you are welcomed to be a member here...
You are welcomed to post your link to your site in your signiture
If I see translations that are wrong in Japanese I will comment on these & hope the member doesn't post the same sale with the incorrect translation.
If this was not the case I'd be selling Money, House, Real Estate, Gold, Silver, & Cars dot com in Japanese almost everyday.

bwhhisc
14th January 2006, 01:32 AM
JP- none of us "think the same". It would sure be boring around here to have everyone write the same things and agree on everything. Hope you stick around IDNF too! Bill

huronargentino
14th January 2006, 03:14 AM
Thanks to all of you for the opinion.
idnpros.com was born to help the industry.

About the gay.com problem i think its now solved. I realised that the translation was incorrect and changed. I dont want to scam of fool anybody.
You have to be sure about that. I am totally honest.
I made idnpros.com to help IDN market grow faster. My intention is the same that all of us (hope): MAke the IDN market bigger to get more profit in the future with all of our domains.

I dont want to compite with IDNforums at all. ThatsĀ“s why i added a really big link in the header of the site with the adress of IDNforums.com and the legend "visit our friend IDN forums" (if you cant see it, maybe its because you are not logged)

I will keep promoting IDNpros on the forums i am full member.
Hope all intrested ones, specially people that speak some languages like japanese, chinese, german, polish, hebrew, portuguese and obviously english can help posting news as they do here, and if some members goes to idnpros.com i totally would like to come here and also post, because i think that the "profits" of all these effords done by all members its the same: Make the IDN market bigger.

Thanks Olney and all of you for the support.