PDA

View Full Version : What is the average amount of traffic per month to each of your japanese idns?

IDNCowboy
29th June 2006, 05:18 PM
Some are only getting 3 visits/month

Am the only one? :(

Rubber Duck
29th June 2006, 05:24 PM

Are we talking dot coms as well as dot jp or just dot jp?

IDNCowboy
29th June 2006, 05:26 PM
Are we talking dot coms as well as dot jp or just dot jp?
Both

alpha
29th June 2006, 05:29 PM

no. i have hundreds in that category

Rubber Duck
29th June 2006, 05:30 PM
Both

Well my highest in terms of Views is 125 so far this month, but nameservers have been changed twice so I might have dropped a few.

More typically you are talking about 20 Views for good single Kana.

thefabfive
29th June 2006, 05:33 PM
Same story here.

As an aside - and maybe a little encouraging - stats from a couple of my Japanese sites show the majority (maybe 80-90%) of users use Windows XP and IE6. Hopefully the automatic update to IE7 will have a big effect here. Although I think the culture of using search to navigate will be slower to change.

Rubber Duck
29th June 2006, 05:40 PM
Perhaps, I gave an over optimistic view as I misunderstood the question. Typical one View each on average.

Good new is that from being bottom of the Class Japanese in terms of view is on par with other languages and probably continuing to improve since the introduction of local landing pages. CTR rate are about 20% of other languages but this more than balance out by high PPC. I had one $5 click on a local Japanese Keyword this week and I am regular getting between 20 and 50 cents on clicks now. The CTR rate also seems to be climbing very slowly.

alpha
29th June 2006, 05:47 PM
I always try to find a silver lining..

a couple of views a month is not exactly encouraging is it?

but, think of it this way, it should go a little way to encourage you that maybe the word is accurate is translation if other people are typing it in - and this after all is what is important - I don't mind sitting on a name, waiting for traffic to turn up, but to sit on a turkey is very different.

[btw, this is just a saying, i do not mount poultry.]

thegenius1
29th June 2006, 05:49 PM
I had one $5 click on a local Japanese Keyword this week and I am regular getting between 20 and 50 cents on clicks now. The CTR rate also seems to be climbing very slowly.

I have gotten two 3.00 + clicks on a real estate term two days in a row this week , All clicks came from asia , and the term is LosAngelesRealEstate.com , i actually get excited everytime i log into ND now lol