PDA

View Full Version : I want to see futher down the OVT results...

seamo
30th June 2006, 02:46 PM
I was wondering if there was some way of adding some code (or whatever) that will allow me to see futher down the results of an OVT search?

So, say if I do a search, and it lists results from 1,000,000 down to 500,000 before the list display finishes - is there some way of seeing what the rest of the results were?

I hope someone understands this noob question...:rolleyes:

touchring
30th June 2006, 04:04 PM
There's no such code that i know of - unless you work at Yahoo's overture office - but you can finetune your query so compound words to see "further down results" that uses that compound word.

blastfromthepast
30th June 2006, 06:58 PM

Beamerboy
30th June 2006, 07:10 PM
So, say if I do a search, and it lists results from 1,000,000 down to 500,000 before the list display finishes - is there some way of seeing what the rest of the results were?

I hope someone understands this noob question...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

If you cut and paste the result at the bottom of the overture list (i.e 500,000) into the box at the top, you should get a list with everything below that word ;)

seamo
30th June 2006, 10:11 PM
If you cut and paste the result at the bottom of the overture list (i.e 500,000) into the box at the top, you should get a list with everything below that word ;)

Thanks beamerboy - that's so logical, I'd swear you were a Vulcan :)

Cheers!

seamo
30th June 2006, 10:31 PM
It didn't work Beamerboy...Cheers anyway!

Any other suggestions anyone??

Beamerboy
30th June 2006, 11:32 PM
Sorry Seamo,
I've searched for words that way, and it's been ok. Have you tried a really big name, like hotel (ホテル)?:confused:

markits
1st July 2006, 01:12 AM
I have been trying to offer some $$ for someone at dnf to work out such code for me, but after many days hardwork, he failed to fulfill such a task...

seamo
1st July 2006, 01:30 AM
Sorry Seamo,
I've searched for words that way, and it's been ok. Have you tried a really big name, like hotel (ホテル)?:confused:
Yeah - and the strange thing is I'm positive I've done it before a long time ago - I just couldn't remember how!...

I have been trying to offer some $$ for someone at dnf to work out such code for me, but after many days hardwork, he failed to fulfill such a task...

...but your comment markits has completely thrown me! Is it not possible after all??

I'll dig around a little more and see if I can crack this case...8)