PDA

View Full Version : Can't edit past sales threads.

sarcle
30th June 2006, 07:25 PM
For some reason recently the edit button has dropped off sales threads that are older than 30 days.

I've been trying to remove old pricing from some of my past sales threads and can't. This is a serious issue as a seller can get seriously stuck in a sticky situation.

Has anyone else noticed this?

thegenius1
30th June 2006, 07:30 PM
Yeah i agree , and have noticed it and think it should be changed , so you can establish the fact that it is closed or that your price's have changed

gammascalper
30th June 2006, 07:32 PM
Agreed with this.

Editing ability should stay enabled for the sales forum.

sarcle
30th June 2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah i agree , and have noticed it and think it should be changed , so you can establish the fact that it is closed or that your price's have changed

It's either that or bump all my old sales threads and say pricing is no longer valid. Don't think that would be a good idea, just want to be able to remove the prices.

Olney
30th June 2006, 07:33 PM
PM Me I'll edit them since I made the system...

idn
30th June 2006, 07:38 PM
Solution: "All sales threads older than 30 days are not valid unless stated so by the seller"

sarcle
30th June 2006, 07:41 PM
Solution: "All sales threads older than 30 days are not valid unless stated so by the seller"

Yes, but then imagine running the same word for sale a month later at a signifigantly higher price and the buyer doing a search and finding the big difference. Doesn't give the seller very good negotiation ability.

Olney your going to get a ton of pm's of sales threads to fix unless we are allowed to do it ourselves.

Olney
30th June 2006, 07:41 PM
Some will want the actual Sale Posts deleted. I understand so I'll remove them by request.
I can extend it to 60 days...
I need this system in place for the rest of the forum. If I could exclude just the Sale threads I would.
When making this decision to use this I fully understood I will delete the price in the seller's post by request.

sarcle
30th June 2006, 07:42 PM
Some will want the actual Sale Posts deleted. I understand so I'll remove them by request.

Yeah, but I don't want them deleted. I just want control to be able to change them. Same as any other forum.

gammascalper
30th June 2006, 07:46 PM
It'll also prevent people from bumping threads from 9 months ago enquiring if a certain domain is still available.

sarcle
30th June 2006, 07:48 PM
It'll also prevent people from bumping threads from 9 months ago enquiring if a certain domain is still available.

True. But the fact is we should be able to have control over our own threads in so far as changing them. As far as deleting them that's a different story. But changing them should be under the individual poster's control.

idn
30th June 2006, 07:56 PM
Yeah, but I don't want them deleted. I just want control to be able to change them. Same as any other forum.

I know on NP I cannot edit past posts beyond a certain point in time.

sarcle
30th June 2006, 08:00 PM
I've talked to Olney privately about the situation. It looks like he is serious about getting this to change for that forum. In the mean time just pm him the old sales threads that you would like changed.

Thanks Olney,

Adam.

gammascalper
30th June 2006, 08:17 PM
That would be cool. Thanks Olney.

blastfromthepast
1st July 2006, 03:24 AM
Truth is, Olney got pissed at me for editing stuff out of my really old threads so he turned the feature off.

I'm all for it being turned on however. Sometimes you post things that you realize you later don't want hanging around and being googleable.