PDA

View Full Version : EBAY idn Listing- What are these?

bwhhisc
16th January 2006, 01:08 AM
WHAT COUNTRY OR TYPE IDN'S ARE THESE??? They are listed on EBAY, the seller says he does not know what country or anything about these names.
There are no bids, Anyone have any ideas?? All text is from Seller (except I took letter out of fuc_. You can guess that one...

QUOTE:
These are IDN single word domains:
autоs.com (This is exactly how it looks like) Punycode: xn--auts-75d.com
caѕh.com (This is exactly how it looks like) Punycode: xn--cah-ghd.com
fuc_.net (This is exactly how it looks like) Punycode: xn--fuk-5ed.net
hackеrs.com (exactly how it looks like) Punycode: xn--hackrs-6of.com
micrо.com (This is exactly how it looks like) Punycode: xn--micr-85d.com
ѕoccer.com (This is exactly how it looks like) Punycode: xn--occer-g2e.com

Seller EBAY QUOTE: You're bidding on one of the rarest domains in the world, please take a look.As we all know, it has always been difficult to own a rare dictionary word domain name like this one.

However, ICANN did not place any restrictions on owning an accented letter domain name in .com [or.net]. In 2000, all the 170+ accented letters such as é,ó,ç,î,ž and the domain I am offering, became available for registration.

In the foreign countries who actually use these accented letters, there is a key right on the keyboard for it, and can be typed just like any other letter.

All of these accented letters have a special code known as "punycode", which allow your web-browser to distinguish the accented letter from the regular letter. All 170+ single accented letter domains are now registered, and in extremely high demand because there's so few to go around. People are now registering and trading IDN dictionary words.

This is your chance to own a very unique piece of internet real estate which is sure to mature in value as time goes on. END QUOTE.

If you want to read it all go to EBAY and put in IDN. It is the only listing.

g
16th January 2006, 01:44 AM
looks very weird for me

haven't heard of these accented domains before

looks like english idns for me

g
16th January 2006, 02:06 AM
have a look at this link

http://discussnames.com/showthread.php?threadid=1953&goto=nextoldest

they are talking about i.com sale as IDN ...sold for 2k!

and they explain that by saying in the last msg
=====================================
In the US to type them we need to either use a program or use ALT commands such as ALT + 152 = ÿ.
The countries that actually use the letters in language have thier keyboards optimized as to type them with a single keystroke.
I figure it doesn't really matter if I can type them,as long as the people who use them can.
======================================

Edwin
16th January 2006, 03:39 AM
I presume it's exactly this type of English look-alike "non-language" stuff that is going to be progressively blocked to make sure that they can't be used for phishing...

Rubber Duck
18th January 2006, 03:54 PM
There are whole variety of Languages, some very minor that use Latin characters which have a separate Unicode point. Not all of them have accents. Those used here are Cyrillics/Macedonian.

The single characters are legitimate as they are not mixed scripts. The mixed script domains will almost certainly be deleted.

Single Cyrillics as used in the Russian Alphabet are rare and valuable, but generally obscure accented Latin scripts are not going to be worth very much.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

bwhhisc
18th January 2006, 04:48 PM
So Dave...are any other these IDN's worth anything? FYI- the whole lot sold on ebay for less that $ 3.00.

Rubber Duck
18th January 2006, 10:56 PM
So Dave...are any other these IDN's worth anything? FYI- the whole lot sold on ebay for less that $ 3.00.

I wouldn't have paid $3.00 or even accepted a free transfer. Probably expiring and you could do a lot better with the renewal fee!

Dave

bwhhisc
19th January 2006, 12:02 AM
They were expiring in about 2 weeks. We are going to list some quality IDN's on EBAY including any overview of the IDN market as part of our IDN marketing campaign. We have registered the name World Domain Sales with ebay. Want to put a link to the forum if OK with Olney.