PDA

View Full Version : 2 million ovt worth the reg?

passengerpigeon
16th January 2006, 04:33 AM
I am only asking because the IDN in question is a television show and, as such, will end at some point. Considering that none of those searchers can figure out how to get to the site yet, would any of you buy it?

touchring
16th January 2006, 04:58 AM
Firstly, Asian IDN OVT, even in the millions, does not translate into PPC enough to pay for the $7 a year reg fee - in other words, not worth registering. OVT doesn't mean much when there's no revenue.

gammascalper
16th January 2006, 10:16 PM
I am only asking because the IDN in question is a television show and, as such, will end at some point. Considering that none of those searchers can figure out how to get to the site yet, would any of you buy it?

It's a possible TM and a TM of a show that may end -- two reasons not to register it.

Olney
16th January 2006, 10:25 PM
I'd probably pass on TV shows unless you plan on developing a fan site for it.
I've kept away from TV shows & stuff like that because I think Japanese domainers 'might' not be interested...
And shows do end just absolutely without warning in Japan (don't know if that's where the show is from)

holycow
19th January 2006, 09:51 PM
For someone new (like me), what would be the guideline around OVT results and domain registration? If high results do not translate to PPC, then are people using OVT to identify sites with value appreciation potential?