PDA

View Full Version : More screen shots and details of ms leak!!!!!

sarcle
16th January 2006, 05:53 PM
They can't contain it now. They cat is out of the bag and it looks like certain developers are taking matters in their own hands. Although restricted to non-disclosure terms, apparently they were unphased. Take a look at IE7 disrobed!!!!

It looks as if a russian developer released these from the russian sites on the second series of screen shots, Although I can't say for sure.

Link (http://addict3d.org/index.php?page=viewarticle&type=news&ID=16479&title=New%20IE7%20Beta%202%20Screens%20Leak)

touchring
16th January 2006, 05:59 PM
There's nothing on idns.

sarcle
16th January 2006, 06:03 PM
There's nothing on idns.

I don't think that's the point to this. IE7 has already vowed for idn support. That is a given.

The point is, these were not supposed to be seen by the general public yet. Microsoft will undoubtly have to do damage control, lest lose face even more. Which is something they can't afford to do at this stage anymore.

Microsoft already can't confirm their current state with IE7 and now they can't control the secrecy. This is a ball that is already rolling faster than they can keep up with it.

touchring
16th January 2006, 06:52 PM
Ok, let's all wait, nothing much can be done.

sarcle
16th January 2006, 07:02 PM
Ok, let's all wait, nothing much can be done.

Sure there can be. They can be made as uncomfortable as possible until they are forced to reliquished this browser. And these pre-released, unauthorized screenshots are directly contributing. Not to mention their very public IE7 blog is completly filled with dissenters now. So much so were they uncomfortable with the postings they removed the direct link from their homepage to the blog.

sarcle
17th January 2006, 02:07 PM
I went ahead and sent all of the information to domainingblog.com (http://domainingblog.com) . Looks like they picked it up and ran with it. So yes, there are still things we can do to make Microsoft squirm a little harder in their seats instead of sitting idly by in our seats and just taking Microsofts BullSh@t.

sarcle
17th January 2006, 03:08 PM
Finally, we got proper confirmation from them at their blog. I am not advocating violence on animals at all, but seriously, how many times does a dog need to have their face rubbed in poop before it finally listens?

]I welcome more feedback on how this feature works when the public preview comes out, which should be sometime in Q1 2006.

Bruce Morgan [MSFT] wrote:
"... when the public preview comes out, which should be sometime in Q1 2006 (see our post on that at ..."

We saw that post. Then we saw press reports saying Q2. Then you state it "should" be Q1.

Excuse me if I invoke the "I'm from Missouri" clause.

Show me!

]
Forgive my choice of the word "should" - we *will* have a public IE7 preview in the first quarter.

Of course, my saying that doesn't mean much - you'll just have to wait and see.

Edwin
17th January 2006, 08:50 PM
A super-buggy IE7 will kill any chance of a mass upgrade any time soon. I'd rather they did it right rather than in haste! I know it's been a long time coming, and it's frustrating, but it needs to be REALLY good to get some upgrade momentum going - and Firefox won't get us the numbers we need, at least in Asia...

sarcle
17th January 2006, 09:04 PM
A super-buggy IE7 will kill any chance of a mass upgrade any time soon. I'd rather they did it right rather than in haste! I know it's been a long time coming, and it's frustrating, but it needs to be REALLY good to get some upgrade momentum going - and Firefox won't get us the numbers we need, at least in Asia...

You are correct on this. IE7 will probably be the most scrutinized program that Microsoft will have released to date, and on a program that doesn't give them direct revenue. But it doesn't give them an excuse to lose their backbone over it.

What I fail to believe in is that Microsoft, having many of the brightest minds in the tech world can't get this program right yet. Let's face it, it's not rocket science, and to have the team they do, of the brightest, working on it for the last few years that they haven't got some sort of direction nor results yet.

Bugs themselves are unfortunatly a part of programing that can never be completely rid of. Plus, it's only incentive for that next update which will surely come.

It truely is a love-hate relationship with ms of course, but it's high time they give us some real news.

sarcle
20th January 2006, 11:15 PM
Ah... so they are paying attention to the blog and our sites. :p

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=177102436

We will be heard. I won't accept anything else.

Microsoft has been slowly disclosing details of the new browser -- which is supposed to be more secure and offer some of the features the rival Firefox now has -- on an official blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/default.aspx), but it has posted few images of IE 7's interface.

This has been syndicated. This just got messy for Microsoft.