PDA

View Full Version : Share some of your Favorite Domaining or IDNing Quotes

thegenius1
6th July 2006, 02:40 AM
".Com is not really king. Content is king, development is king."

" IDNing is like Domaining in the Mid 90's with the Information of the 21st Century"

"Domains have and will continue to go up in value faster than any other commodity ever known to man."
(07/05 Bill Gates, Microsoft)

" If the internet was Invented in Japan , How Would you feel about typing in Japanese characters to access " Namepros.com "
日本語.com on a daily basis "

tee1
6th July 2006, 02:54 AM
When I first started reading/researching this forum one of the members had a saying in their signature something to the effect of

"would you expect a Floridian to ask for directions in Chinese, if not then why would you expect someone in Beijing to ask for directions in english":)

tee1

bwhhisc
6th July 2006, 03:22 AM
[If the internet was Invented in Japan , How Would you feel about typing in Japanese characters to access " Namepros.com "
日本語.com on a daily basis" ]

Hi Genius, I visited Namepros for the first time yesterday...I saw that you have worked your charm
on them with that analogy. LOL

thegenius1
6th July 2006, 03:42 AM
Hi Genius, I visited Namepros for the first time yesterday...I saw that you have worked your charm
on them with that analogy. LOL

Yeah its like sometimes you have to really just give a very simple example , I think some people really over complicate things but if you dont understand IDN's after reading that im affraid somebody must have read the quote to you and changed up the wording ! lol

There is a thread there where i asked some people answer some simple questions if they where in doubt of IDN's and everybody that attempted Tap Danced around this question So much it wasnt funny ... They literally skipped it or acted as if they didnt understand it ( ROTFLMAO ) Jeff had to chime in and rephrase it , He said something like If ICANN & Mircrosoft Where Japanese Companies you guys would be singing a differetn tune .

I like this one quote somebody said here recently " I have realized Common sense is not good enough anymore " something along those lines

networker
6th July 2006, 05:59 AM
Ironically, one of my favorite quotes was from Adam Dicker on DNJournal, and it's very simple, and I'm sure has been said thousands of times, but..

"The key to remember on a $7 domain is that if it makes more than 2 cents a day it is profitable at the end of the year. "

thegenius1
6th July 2006, 08:13 AM
Ironically, one of my favorite quotes was from Adam Dicker on DNJournal, and it's very simple, and I'm sure has been said thousands of times, but..

"The key to remember on a $7 domain is that if it makes more than 2 cents a day it is profitable at the end of the year. "

Thats was a DCG original I had no clue were it came from but i surely use that one alot !

bwhhisc
7th July 2006, 12:34 PM
Yeah its like sometimes you have to really just give a very simple example , I think some people really over complicate things but if you dont understand IDN's after reading that im affraid somebody must have read the quote to you and changed up the wording ! lol

Here you go Genius-
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink"

Olney
7th July 2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah instead of quotes & sayings,
If people can't see the usefulness of IDNs then to them it all becomes just something we are hoping for.
People are still confused on what IDNs are. Some people firmly believe it's just ways of writing existing site names that look like English but using other language character sets, etc.
They have to have an understanding of usefulness at least before annyything else.

thegenius1
10th July 2006, 04:13 PM
Here you go Genius-
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink"

LOL Yeah i like this one Alot :) !

Yeah instead of quotes & sayings,
If people can't see the usefulness of IDNs then to them it all becomes just something we are hoping for.
People are still confused on what IDNs are. Some people firmly believe it's just ways of writing existing site names that look like English but using other language character sets, etc.
They have to have an understanding of usefulness at least before annyything else.

Yes i agree 100% people need to understand how important these are to the rest of the world , And i think youre Thread IDN Facts By Olney does a very good job of painting the Picture.

thegenius1
11th August 2006, 10:50 PM
Alpha's new quote made it to my Top 5 list

"I used to think of it like a library full of foreign books, but the book title on the spine was always written in English."

thegenius1
23rd August 2006, 02:29 AM
Rhys Makes the List

"If domain names were PCs, ASCII would equal DOS and IDN would equal WINDOWS."

thegenius1
22nd May 2007, 06:46 PM
Ham makes the list

"If you control all the domains," he says, "then you control the Internet."

So close this forum so we can Own the World :)

Personal Milestone : My 2000th post

http://www.desertratdemocrat.com/archives/champagne.jpg