PDA

View Full Version : General Lull?

sarcle
17th January 2006, 08:02 PM
Is it me, or has discussion in forums really kind of lagged these past few weeks? I'm not specifically talking about us, I'm talking about the big boys, dnforum, namepros, ect. It's not limited to the forums either, news has been slow, company websites have released little information about anything.

Hell, it used to be great at least getting into a discussion about something in those places, even if the topic was really irrelevant. Seems everyone has gone into a slumber and aren't seeing or at least talking about these serious changes that are taking place in the virtual world.

Just a random observation to throw out. You can of course feel free to throw in yours.

Olney
18th January 2006, 09:15 AM
There's actually plenty I have to write about that would be considered news but I know after I write it there will be bloggers blogging about it.

You guys have no clue...

I've had a headache & toothache for the last 4 days even through the upgrade but I'll finish this weekend.

I've also been thinking about good options for the board...
I love this new forum...

touchring
18th January 2006, 12:19 PM
It's not a random observation, maybe it's premonition - something going to happen. Has anyone checked on the animals?

Rubber Duck
18th January 2006, 12:47 PM
There's actually plenty I have to write about that would be considered news but I know after I write it there will be bloggers blogging about it.

You guys have no clue...

I've had a headache & toothache for the last 4 days even through the upgrade but I'll finish this weekend.

I've also been thinking about good options for the board...
I love this new forum...

I have to say that I'm still getting used to it. My main concerns are the their appear to fewer people accessing the site than before or perhaps its just a change in the way, it is reported. I am also concerned that we seem to have a lot domains pointed at what appears to be a dead URL at the moment.

Do we need to do anything? or will you sort it?

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
18th January 2006, 06:35 PM

You guys have no clue...

I think this is exactly the point. To get that info out to the masses. I don't think any of us are perfectly content with our names. Hell, I don't think it's possible to be. But if we are going to get this ball going something needs to happen and more eyes need to be opened. And we do have a duty to this, not just for us but for the entire area of idns.

The cat is out of the bag so to speak on Idn's the ones that will listen have listened, the ones that won't will wait to see verifiable proof. And then it will be us selling them to them.

I know that this will happen eventually. But in order to invest bigger into idn's a few major sales are going to have to take place to give value to the rest of our portfolios. I'm not talking about latin idn's. I'm talking asian. There has yet to be one confirmed sale of any decent proportions for any outsiders to take any interest in Asian or Arabic domains. Even though I know of several that have taken place.

It's really time to ratchet this game up a notch. I know that you are preparing this forum for bigger things but a little publicity will not hurt anything.

Just my 2cents.

bwhhisc
18th January 2006, 07:28 PM
There are some ideas and communications already starting to happen "beneath the radar" right now. I have communicated a bit with gammascalper about this, but ready to get thinking from senior members. My personal work schedule has had me traveling and working pretty much non-stop, but I will share info and thoughts via pm's this weekend. Regards to all, Bill

Olney
18th January 2006, 10:35 PM
Don't worry Dave,
On the old forum I kept writing I can't make improvements (more boards, restructuring etc) till I finish the upgrade. I knew I had to do a lot of stuff to do. I can't just redirect the front because you guys are all still using the tools.

Having half my head feeling like I got hit by a truck & think of a good navigational scheme that's SEO friendly is not a simple task.
Also this is the first time I'm using this forum system. I still have a few board tweaks too.

I estimate this board will bring us 3 times the traffic. Remember I work for an SEO firm so I know why the old board was bad it held us up. Don't worry we'll only be in a lull for a few more days... Guys....

You'll love the changes...

I have to say that I'm still getting used to it. My main concerns are the their appear to fewer people accessing the site than before or perhaps its just a change in the way, it is reported. I am also concerned that we seem to have a lot domains pointed at what appears to be a dead URL at the moment.

Do we need to do anything? or will you sort it?

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

sarcle
18th January 2006, 11:02 PM

Sucks man, I just got a root canal myself. Was not a fun time.

You'll love the changes...

Cool, can't wait to see them.

P.S. Your going to do something about this powder blue aren't you?

Rubber Duck
18th January 2006, 11:05 PM
I think this is exactly the point. To get that info out to the masses. I don't think any of us are perfectly content with our names. Hell, I don't think it's possible to be. But if we are going to get this ball going something needs to happen and more eyes need to be opened. And we do have a duty to this, not just for us but for the entire area of idns.

The cat is out of the bag so to speak on Idn's the ones that will listen have listened, the ones that won't will wait to see verifiable proof. And then it will be us selling them to them.

I know that this will happen eventually. But in order to invest bigger into idn's a few major sales are going to have to take place to give value to the rest of our portfolios. I'm not talking about latin idn's. I'm talking asian. There has yet to be one confirmed sale of any decent proportions for any outsiders to take any interest in Asian or Arabic domains. Even though I know of several that have taken place.

It's really time to ratchet this game up a notch. I know that you are preparing this forum for bigger things but a little publicity will not hurt anything.

Just my 2cents.

Well, I can't really give you any details but several more have taken place that you don't know about.

Dave

sarcle
18th January 2006, 11:33 PM
Well, I can't really give you any details but several more have taken place that you don't know about.

Dave

I wouldn't be so sure. I might know more than you think. ;)

Olney
19th January 2006, 12:48 AM
Also you gave an extremely good idea about doing PR this will be in the plan
I just need to finish the front of the site.
I know what I need to do I have this weekend to do it...

I know one week seemns like a long time...

sarcle
19th January 2006, 12:55 AM
Also you gave an extremely good idea about doing PR this will be in the plan
I just need to finish the front of the site.
I know what I need to do I have this weekend to do it...

I know one week seemns like a long time...

Yes, with the inactivity at the MS camp. Everyday seems as if another week has past.