PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to get a hold of Domainsite??

mulligan
18th January 2006, 10:31 AM
Hi all,

Domainsite are not answering emails...
Anybody have an alternative method of contacting them?

Im having problems with my .in & .co.in's resolving. They are all with NameDrive and their tech people say the prob lies with Domainsite, who I can not get a hold of...

All domains are returning a:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /www.ndparking.com/www.ndparking.com/*******.in/www.ndparking.com
on this server

when typed into the browser bar.

Any ideas? ND say all is correct and as it should be regarding the url forwarding and that the issue may lie with Domainsite....

Also, suddenly all my domains are now unlocked, the unlocking/locking was working fine for the 4 or 5 days since I bought them and suddenly my locking feature is now disabled!
This despite receving messages from Domainsite saying:

Viewing Message
Subject: Domainsite.com - Lock/Unlock Bulk Update Complete
Date Delivered: 2006-01-17 13:42:29
********.in: already in lock status (0)
********.co.in: already in lock status (0)

Note: A bulk update may show 'fail' for a variety of reasons, the most common being that your domain is already locked.

I have tried to lock them individually and all together, individually I am told:
* Domain Lock unsupported

This after it was working fine.

Also, when trying to register new .in & .co.in's everything is taken. As a test I tried to see if the below was available:
s8us7y5tii895hrbfgde5.in: Taken

I know this is not taken!

Anyone else getting the same?
Can one of you run the above through Domainsite and see if its returning the same result?

Sorry for the rambling post, mainly want a response from Domainsite, to no avail...(Have tried their support@domainsite.com)

Any thoughts/input appreciated....

mulligan

Rubber Duck
18th January 2006, 11:03 AM
Hi all,

Domainsite are not answering emails...
Anybody have an alternative method of contacting them?

Im having problems with my .in & .co.in's resolving. They are all with NameDrive and their tech people say the prob lies with Domainsite, who I can not get a hold of...

All domains are returning a:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /www.ndparking.com/www.ndparking.com/*******.in/www.ndparking.com
on this server

when typed into the browser bar.

Any ideas? ND say all is correct and as it should be regarding the url forwarding and that the issue may lie with Domainsite....

Also, suddenly all my domains are now unlocked, the unlocking/locking was working fine for the 4 or 5 days since I bought them and suddenly my locking feature is now disabled!
This despite receving messages from Domainsite saying:

Viewing Message
Subject: Domainsite.com - Lock/Unlock Bulk Update Complete
Date Delivered: 2006-01-17 13:42:29

Note: A bulk update may show 'fail' for a variety of reasons, the most common being that your domain is already locked.

I have tried to lock them individually and all together, individually I am told:
* Domain Lock unsupported

This after it was working fine.

Also, when trying to register new .in & .co.in's everything is taken. As a test I tried to see if the below was available:
s8us7y5tii895hrbfgde5.in: Taken

I know this is not taken!

Anyone else getting the same?
Can one of you run the above through Domainsite and see if its returning the same result?

Sorry for the rambling post, mainly want a response from Domainsite, to no avail...(Have tried their support@domainsite.com)

Any thoughts/input appreciated....

mulligan

Try emailing Scott@domainsite.com

I don't get any reply when I send to support! Used to be able to ring up easily, but it is difficult now negociating this new fangled automated answering system. If you like the sexy voice, then if you can get through, ask for Randy.

Best Regards
Dave

DavyBUK
18th January 2006, 11:13 AM
I had to wait a couple of days for a reply from Support last week but did get a reply to my email in the end.

With regard to the .in's showing taken I think DomainSite gives a Taken message when it can't connect to the registry. I have tried a couple of .in's myself this morning with a different registrar and got a message about the registry being unavailable so it may be that there were just some connection problems when you were trying it. I tried one just and it seemed to work okay.

Hope you get your problems sorted out !

David

mulligan
18th January 2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks Dave & David, emailed Scott, see what comes of it...
Good to know about the 'Taken' message if connection to the registry is down, Thought all my excel spreadsheets were useless...;>)
mulligan...

DavyBUK
18th January 2006, 11:38 AM
Have you tried them again now ? DD24 is showing s8us7y5tii895hrbfgde5.in as available so I think it might be just DomainSite is timing out trying to contact the registry or something.....

David

mulligan
18th January 2006, 02:13 PM
DD24 has it as free, Domainsite has it as taken...

Hmm.

Rubber Duck
18th January 2006, 03:41 PM
Not sure what you are trying to register but dot IN and co.in don't do IDN.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

mulligan
18th January 2006, 03:52 PM
Im trying to register english word .in & .co.in domain names, similar to others registered....

The domain in the post is a test domain registration subject. ie. I know its not registered but Domainsite are telling me it is..

bwhhisc
19th January 2006, 12:09 AM
Domainsite is pretty good about taking phone calls, try early in the morning their time zone. Hard to get mid-day. From what we have experienced, sometimes you just have to try a couple of times, sometimes over a period of up to 3 days to get some names to go thru. EXCEPTION- City names in Russian, Japanese and Chinese. If it won't go the first time, they probably won't reg at all.

Rubber Duck
19th January 2006, 12:30 AM
Who ate all the pies?

mulligan
19th January 2006, 09:59 AM
Domainsite is pretty good about taking phone calls, try early in the morning their time zone. Hard to get mid-day. From what we have experienced, sometimes you just have to try a couple of times, sometimes over a period of up to 3 days to get some names to go thru. EXCEPTION- City names in Russian, Japanese and Chinese. If it won't go the first time, they probably won't reg at all.
Have been in contact with DS and all querys answered.
Good guys to deal with..