PDA

View Full Version : Tips for using NameDrive

Olney
7th July 2006, 01:51 PM
Since many have NameDrive Accounts I wanted to see how to better the user experience.

I just finished transfering all the domains I wanted over at ND. If you don't have time to do them all I suggest adding them in themes/or categories.

My portfolio is relatively small compared to many but buying & sorting according to themes has made it easier.

First set the theme folder to all region. Choose a look. Then press the the boutton that says cascade to all. This will make the look the same for all domains. If they are truly all the same category then do the same with Category & Subcategory. make sure to cascade it through the all regions.

I also suggest putting in an English word each keyword box initially. Cascade this throughout each region. This way you also can remember the translation.

Only after this is done you go to the actual region of the domain.

For me it would be Asia. Now all I have to do is exchange the keywords.

With NameDrive Even though your target region is Asia you can still show relavent ads to Japanese outside of Japan who might type in your domain. So you have to make sure that keywords for all regions is filled.

Sometimes also a keyword in Japanese can show Japanese ads in North America. Japanese do travel to Guam & Hawaii. Physically they are part of the North american region but Japanese ads for things concerning Hawaii & Guam show up natively in Japanese on the North American settings.

So initially set the Narth American keywords to English but check, especially travel related keywords to see if they produce native ads. Instead of Kyoto Hotel just use Hotel in the native language...