PDA

View Full Version : Split the sales forums?

Edwin
9th July 2006, 01:13 PM
I think this was discussed before, but the volume of sales posts has increased a lot in the last few weeks. It would be good, rather than having a single "bucket" forum for all sales, to split the forums into major languages plus a catch-all for other languages. For example...

Arabic
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Russian
Miscelleneous other languages

This would enable buyers to skip straight to the language(s) they're focused on, and would perhaps stimulate a bit more interest in sales. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have a favourite language I'm concentrating on...

Even though some domains may be the "same" in Chinese/Japanese, they were still originally registered with one language flag or the other, and IMO that's what should dictate which forum they get listed in.

Anyway, it's just an idea - what do you think?

touchring
9th July 2006, 01:17 PM
I think this was discussed before, but the volume of sales posts has increased a lot in the last few weeks. It would be good, rather than having a single "bucket" forum for all sales, to split the forums into major languages plus a catch-all for other languages. For example...

Arabic
Chinese
Japanese
Korean
Russian
Miscelleneous other languages

This would enable buyers to skip straight to the language(s) they're focused on, and would perhaps stimulate a bit more interest in sales. I'm sure I'm not the only one to have a favourite language I'm concentrating on...

Even though some domains may be the "same" in Chinese/Japanese, they were still originally registered with one language flag or the other, and IMO that's what should dictate which forum they get listed in.

Anyway, it's just an idea - what do you think?

For a best of both words scenario, is it possible to filter by language selective? While many of us here are interested primarily in one language, the vast majority will go for two or more languages.

Myself, i've stopped going to the DNF sale threads because 1. it separates by language, 2. it loads too slowly, just to go in and out the various languages takes like forever.

Olney
9th July 2006, 01:37 PM
This is good suggestion that I've been thinking about also.
I too don't want to split it too much to go into like 10 different languages.
Right now we do have an increase of sellers, IDNF is like 3 or 4 forums now instead of just one. Which is pretty good for buyers. I just haven't decided what's the best way to split it yet.

Beamerboy
9th July 2006, 02:36 PM
I too don't want to split it too much to go into like 10 different languages.
Right now we do have an increase of sellers, IDNF is like 3 or 4 forums now instead of just one. Which is pretty good for buyers. I just haven't decided what's the best way to split it yet.

Whilst we would all like to find our respective language/s easier, I can understand the headache it could cause Olney trying to implement it.
Instead of splitting the groups into different languages, how about localising the groups I.E Asia, Europe, Africa and so on?

blastfromthepast
9th July 2006, 07:44 PM
Whilst we would all like to find our respective language/s easier, I can understand the headache it could cause Olney trying to implement it.
Instead of splitting the groups into different languages, how about localising the groups I.E Asia, Europe, Africa and so on?

Good idea.

Rubber Duck
9th July 2006, 08:53 PM

Well, I am not sure that makes sense as all the main languages that will be predominantly IDN are Asian, but Russian and Arabic also straddle onto Europe and Africa respectively.

blastfromthepast
9th July 2006, 09:13 PM
Well, I am not sure that makes sense as all the main languages that will be predominantly IDN are Asian, but Russian and Arabic also straddle onto Europe and Africa respectively.

How about Language Groups? Russia is also the biggest Asian country you know.