PDA

View Full Version : AUTO.RU in Russian (IDN.IDN)

NetStorm
10th July 2006, 06:57 PM
AUTO.RU in Russian (IDN.IDN) Super domain name = АВТО.РУ = ACE:

xn--80ae0bp.xn--p1ag

Notarial certificate. Minimum Increment $1000. Post to Bid. Post to Claim. Auction

closes 48 hrs after last bid.

Starting price is unbelievably low, just $40,000 (35,000 - purchase price)

Language: Russian

Google.ru results 76,000,000

10th July 2006, 07:00 PM
it requires plug in

DomenForum.net
10th July 2006, 07:02 PM
Yep, iClient plugin

touchring
10th July 2006, 07:04 PM
Is this endorsed by RUNIC?

DomenForum.net
10th July 2006, 07:08 PM
It is endorsed by WebNames.ru

Same thing as new.net

NetStorm
10th July 2006, 07:11 PM
Is this endorsed by RUNIC?
in this idn.idn zones - registrar RegTime.net placed official president of Russia domain president.org - in russian and many other idn.idn domains of russian goverment..., so, and price..... :rolleyes:

Rubber Duck
10th July 2006, 07:50 PM
If anyone wants to spend $40K on such a name, I will set up my own servers and sell them myself. You could have the official Rubber Duck version. Probably worth more than this lot of old garbage!

NetStorm
10th July 2006, 08:09 PM
If anyone wants to spend $40K on such a name, I will set up my own servers and sell them myself. You could have the official Rubber Duck version. Probably worth more than this lot of old garbage!
I see there no real american people who can pay 40K (or have) for this domain :rolleyes: or i really see only poor americans on this forum... :rolleyes:

mulligan
10th July 2006, 08:13 PM
Well you sure know how to make friends...
Why dont you take your name elswhere and try and sell it for 40K...Ebay sounds like the place for you...
BTW... What have Americans got to do with it?
You are on very thin ice.

Rubber Duck
10th July 2006, 08:14 PM
I see there no real american people who can pay 40K (or have) for this domain :rolleyes: or i really see only poor americans on this forum... :rolleyes:

I am sure there are plenty that have that kind of money, but they have it because they are not quite as gullible as you might hope.

madrid
10th July 2006, 08:38 PM
At me one such domain Banker.ru too was overlooked if to whom it is necessary I shall give much more cheaply .40000-success.....

blastfromthepast
10th July 2006, 11:26 PM
It has been made clear on domenforum.net by several people including Alex the forum owner that domains of this kind are worthless and not official and actualy are a kind of SCAM by a Russian company that puts on appearances of these domains being official.

http://domenforum.net/showthread.php?t=7051
http://domenforum.net/showthread.php?t=7114

sarcle
11th July 2006, 01:17 AM
Funny. Words thrown together trying to be domains. And then people actually spending money on them. :)

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 01:54 AM
Funny. Words thrown together trying to be domains. And then people actually spending money on them. :)

.... as you lost your money with pseudo russian idn.tld domains, what sales in Russia lower nominal price - you are all some kind ofl collectioners? :eek: idn.idn domains take popularity and after passing few law become in same category as a trademark. For the future - learn more about russian laws, ICANN no more fully control situation in the world - its a question of few months.

bwhhisc
11th July 2006, 02:06 AM
[QUOTE=NetStorm idn.idn domains take popularity and after passing few law become in same category as a trademark.[/QUOTE]

Can you provide a document or information to back this statement up.

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 02:24 AM
.... as you lost your money with pseudo russian idn.tld domains, what sales in Russia lower nominal price - you are all some kind ofl collectioners? :eek: idn.idn domains take popularity and after passing few law become in same category as a trademark. For the future - learn more about russian laws, ICANN no more fully control situation in the world - its a question of few months.

There is a company in America that sells names of stars in the sky to people who want to get a peice of paper that says they named a star. They have their business protected by laws too. But this is not very usefull to the owners of the star.

In Russian domain are indeed treated in the same law as trademarks. However, "domains" of this kind may not fall under the law if you read how the law defines a domain name.

What matters is that these domains get no traffic, as they are resolved with a plugin and not through regular dns.

Russia runs on the regular dns system. nic.ru runs the Russian internet on the regular ICANN dns system, and also delegates IP space according to ICANN rules and standards.

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 02:37 AM
Can you provide a document or information to back this statement up.
sorry, but all document only in russian, and i have no time to translate it...

mulligan
11th July 2006, 02:38 AM
Russian is fine -- we have access to a wide range of translators

Giant
11th July 2006, 02:44 AM
idn.idn domains take popularity and after passing few law become in same category as a trademark. For the future - learn more about russian laws, ICANN no more fully control situation in the world - its a question of few months.

If you want to be a domainer, there are something you need to learn:

Lesson 1: Learn what is a domain, and what is not.

There are somethings look like guns, but they are not guns, they are toys.

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 02:51 AM
T
In Russian domain are indeed treated in the same law as trademarks. However, "domains" of this kind may not fall under the law if you read how the law defines a domain name.

..... and what law defines as a domain name? is IDN.COM adopted by yours ICANN ? :confused:

If you want to be a domainer, there are something you need to learn:

Lesson 1: Learn what is a domain, and what is not.

There are somethings look like guns, but they are not guns, they are toys.

is IDN.COM adopted by ICANN ? or its really only toys domains and subject of speculation?

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 02:58 AM

There are in fact, not that many Americans on this forum. Why do you think that we are Americans?

Also, if you love Russia, why are you trying to sell a "Russian domain" to Americans?

This forum is international and about international domains. It is in bad taste to try to insult anyone, no matter where they are from.

Giant
11th July 2006, 03:04 AM
is IDN.COM adopted by ICANN ? or its really only toys domains and subject of speculation?

IDN.com is exactly (100%) as any ASCII.com, created by ICANN. IDN.coms are real guns, they can be resolved anywhere in the world.

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 03:11 AM
IDN.com is exactly (100%) as any ASCII.com, created by ICANN. IDN.coms are real guns, they can be resolved anywhere in the world.
you are not answer the question as it have asked - is idn.com adopted by ICANN? As i hear on last ICANN conference what solution of IDN domains is only IDN.IDN....

Giant
11th July 2006, 03:17 AM
you are not answer the question as it have asked - is idn.com adopted by ICANN?

It's not just "adopted", it's created (born) by ICANN. "Created" means they are adopted, sanctioned, authorized, recommended by ICANN.

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 03:22 AM
There are in fact, not that many Americans on this forum. Why do you think that we are Americans?

Also, if you love Russia, why are you trying to sell a "Russian domain" to Americans?

This forum is international and about international domains. It is in bad taste to try to insult anyone, no matter where they are from.

А корректно ли на чисто аукционном топике продавца обсуждать то что не стоит обсуждать по правилам ведения доменного бизнеса - кто что и как продает? это ответ на ваш вопрос.

It's not just "adopted", it's created (born) by ICANN. "Created" means they are adopted, sanctioned, authorized, recommended by ICANN.
i thing you really wanna think what is true....but it is not true...

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 03:41 AM
А корректно ли на чисто аукционном топике продавца обсуждать то что не стоит обсуждать по правилам ведения доменного бизнеса - кто что и как продает? это ответ на ваш вопрос.

В соответствии с бытующими здесь правилами, если домен в продаже сомнительный, то замечания уместны.

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 03:43 AM
В соответствии с бытующими здесь правилами, если домен в продаже сомнительный, то замечания уместны.

согласен, но в отдельной теме и специально отведенном разделе...

bwhhisc
11th July 2006, 03:44 AM
There are in fact, not that many Americans on this forum. Why do you think that we are Americans? This forum is international and about international domains. It is in bad taste to try to insult anyone, no matter where they are from.

Maybe 25% of membership here are Americans, with many who live or have worked internationally.

Please present your documents as to your statments in Russian language if you wish. We have international translators waiting.

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 03:44 AM
you are not answer the question as it have asked - is idn.com adopted by ICANN? As i hear on last ICANN conference what solution of IDN domains is only IDN.IDN....

Correct. IDN.IDN of the future that are supported by ICANN, and supported all over the world.

Not IDN.IDN domains that are sold by some small unapproved by ICANN company out to scam unsuspecting domainers.

bwhhisc
11th July 2006, 03:49 AM

Netstorm- do you doubt this statement of fact?

The important part of the statement is "anywhere in the World". Do you wish to challenge, or provide information to disprove this?

DomenForum.net
11th July 2006, 03:54 AM
Guys, don't waste your time on this idiot ... as he stated on my forum, he wanted to play with stupid americans who buy stupid IDN names.

He is one of those loosers who have no $7 to invest into one domain, and when he gets $7 all nice names are taken.

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 03:55 AM
Maybe 25% of membership here are Americans, with many who live or have worked internationally.

Please present your documents as to your statments in Russian language if you wish. We have international translators waiting.

if you have good translators you may go russian search engine yandex.ru and spent there few hours and get more information on russian IDN.IDN - and for example about MINC.org - rlnic.ru or it is a big problem for you?

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 03:58 AM
согласен, но в отдельной теме и специально отведенном разделе...

6. Posting comments in other members sales threads is encouraged if it is in the interests of the buyer or seller.
The Seller can ask a moderator to remove any irrelevant comments from their sales thread.

6. Писать ответные сообщения в чужих ветках размещённых с целю продажи доменов приветствуется, если это целесообразно продавцу или покупателю.
Продавец может попросит модераторов убрать любые не имеющие отношения к делу продажи сообщения из их собственных веток.

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 04:02 AM
Guys, don't waste your time on this idiot ... as he stated on my forum, he wanted to play with stupid americans who buy stupid IDN names.

He is one of those loosers who have no $7 to invest into one domain, and when he gets $7 all nice names are taken.

hee :rolleyes: , i may close it or buy your forum at any time - what's the price :) 10? 25K? or more?

mulligan
11th July 2006, 04:02 AM
sorry, but all document only in russian, and i have no time to translate it...
I was under the impression you had this information to hand but didnt have time to translate it -- It would now seem to not be the case...

Usually people here are helpful and courteous towards one another and we try to help each other when we can -- I can understand your frustration at not finding a buyer for your $40,000 name -- But hey, tomorrows another day and you may have better luck...:)

NetStorm
11th July 2006, 04:08 AM
I was under the impression you had this information to hand but didnt have time to translate it -- It would now seem to not be the case...

Usually people here are helpful and courteous towards one another and we try to help each other when we can -- I can understand your frustration at not finding a buyer for your $40,000 name -- But hey, tomorrows another day and you may have better luck...:)

Thanx, i really not want to sale this domain, i make a little investigation for russian cyrillic domain community - article come soon, so thanxx for ALL, and dont take offence for this. ;)

bwhhisc
11th July 2006, 04:13 AM
if you have good translators you may go russian search engine yandex.ru and spent there few hours and get more information on russian IDN.IDN - and for example about MINC.org - rlnic.ru or it is a big problem for you?

I might suggest you get your information about IDNs from ICANN workshops and meetings.
They have been meeting and planning for the eventual implementation of IDNs for many years.

Guys, don't waste your time on this idiot ... as he stated on my forum, he wanted to play with stupid americans who buy stupid IDN names. He is one of those loosers who have no $7 to invest into one domain, and when he gets $7 all nice names are taken.

Americans are in the minority at this forum. The IDN system is already in place regardless of whatever else happens or decisions are made. Some just benefit IDNs more like DNAME. Would Russian internet users not prefer to have their urls in Russian language?

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 04:17 AM
Thanx, i really not want to sale this domain, i make a little investigation for russian cyrillic domain community - article come soon, so thanxx for ALL, and dont take offence for this. ;)

Please move this thread to Appraisals or Russian domains.

You got what you wanted: this forum is full of people who are well educated as to the issues and the technologies that are involved in domaining, who know more about IDNs and their history than any single source.

Furthermore, people here are generally well rounded, smart, and internationally minded. If your intention was to try to "see if you could sell a strange domain to Americans" you failed. Congratulations!

All I have to say now is: You can't sale this domain, you don't have the droit.

mulligan
11th July 2006, 04:24 AM
Moved to the relevant section of the forum

DomenForum.net
11th July 2006, 05:10 AM
Would Russian internet users not prefer to have their urls in Russian language?

Let's ask them ... I just made a poll on the Russian forum asking if people would prefer to have cyrillic in their urls.

http://domenforum.net/showthread.php?t=7146

P.S. I went Premium ;)

touchring
11th July 2006, 07:29 AM

I think this forum has more british than americans?

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 07:38 AM
hee :rolleyes: , i may close it or buy your forum at any time - what's the price :) 10? 25K? or more?

Well, you are an arse hole. Even, if Olney sold to you for a million bucks, how long would it take for the rest of us to reassemble at another URL? I certainly wouldn't hang around here with you in charge. Some things can be bought and sold. The Truth is not one of them.

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 07:40 AM

Try Ebay. People get scammed every week on there and nobody gives a damn.

burnsinternet
11th July 2006, 07:55 AM
Ebayers don't spend that kind of money, even if it is legitimate. I think you are out of luck. Interesting discussion, though.

touchring
11th July 2006, 08:06 AM
Ebayers don't spend that kind of money, even if it is legitimate. I think you are out of luck. Interesting discussion, though.

Oh no, every 2 months we see people buying "sex.com" or "i.net" (was that the last one?) for mid $xxxx.

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 08:21 AM
.... as you lost your money with pseudo russian idn.tld domains, what sales in Russia lower nominal price

It is in fact you who lost your money with unofficial domains that have no visitors. How much did you pay for these?

Now you've set up an entire forum aimed at scamming people into regestering these http://www.idnforum.ru/

touchring
11th July 2006, 08:37 AM
Ok, before this turns into another thread of personal attacks, let's focus on the domain itself.

Question: АВТО.РУ - what happens if RUNIC also launches it's own .РУ?

blastfromthepast
11th July 2006, 08:47 AM
I see there no real american people who can pay 40K (or have) for this domain or i really see only poor americans on this forum...

hee, i may close it or buy your forum at any time - what's the price 10? 25K? or more?

This guy posts using the name "MasterRasta" (sounds like MasterRasa in Russian, meaning Master Race) and some kind of skinhead symbol for an avatar on domenforum.

His name on here NetStorm also recalls Storm troopers.

Also he consistently uses offensive terms for foreigners and Americans on domenforum, as well as being rude here and threatening to close down forums, I think he means hacking.

The views he expresses against ICANN seem to be motivated by this kind of hatred that he professes combined with a stubborn attitude blaming ICANN and hence ICANN domains for controling the world.

This may be some kind of strange delusion of his, but whatever it is, it is disturbing to see his nonsense on this forum and elsewhere.

DomenForum.net
11th July 2006, 08:48 AM
Question: АВТО.РУ - what happens if RUNIC also launches it's own .РУ?

Then all WebNames.ru clients will apear to be scammed

touchring
11th July 2006, 08:52 AM

Ok, that sums it up. Any objections? No doubt that .РУ is very attractive, but we need a permanent .РУ.

DomenForum.net
11th July 2006, 08:54 AM
Ok, that sums it up. Any objections? No doubt that .РУ is very attractive, but we need a permanent .РУ, not a temporary one.

We don't even need a permanent .РУ because there is no meaning to it.

RU = Russia

РУ = I don't even know what it stands for .... probably for .RU :)

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 09:24 AM

Well that is correct. The transliteration for Dot RU is too close to the Paraquay ccTLD to ever be accepted by ICANN. However, Webnames because it only has itself to answer for could easily give Clients and alternative. Still worthless though!

RU = Russia

Exactly. This is what happens when foriegners get too clever. Transliterations of abbreviations are not necessarily going to equal translations.

sarcle
11th July 2006, 11:36 AM

They're so cute when their full of nationalism.

But they grow up so fast.

Drewbert
11th July 2006, 04:28 PM
Drewbert say man who think .xn--p1ag appear in ICANN root anytime this millenium is 2 brick short of full load.

touchring
11th July 2006, 04:44 PM

RU = Russia

Ok, isn't RU translated into РУ in Cyrillic?

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 04:49 PM
Ok, isn't RU translated into РУ in Cyrillic?

Yes, but it won't be permissible as effectively it is already taken. This is one of the reasons people are twittering on about policy rather than just doing things. An IDN equivalent of dot RU will be allocated. but it won't be .РУ. After all the talk there has already been about phishing even a Turnip will see that is not a runner.

burnsinternet
11th July 2006, 04:53 PM
They're so cute when their full of nationalism.

But they grow up so fast.

ROTF LMAO!!!! :p

He did sound angry, didn't he?

How's the IDN DomenForum poll going? Interesting comments on the site. No one has offered to annex Paraguay, I assume?