PDA

View Full Version : Download IE7

huronargentino
20th January 2006, 03:11 AM
Internet Explorer 7 + Security Patches 1 & 2

http://idnpros.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=103#103

The first stage of the beta process for Internet Explorer 7 has begun—developer testing! The latest version of the world’s most popular Web browser has been released for technical evaluation, feedback, and testing by software and Web site developers.

The Beta 1 release signals that Internet Explorer 7 has reached an important milestone, with a number of key new features and improvements, and is ready for website and application compatibility testing. This release is specifically intended for developers to confirm that existing applications and websites will work well with Internet Explorer 7, and provides an opportunity for developers to give feedback directly to the development team. There will be further refinement between Beta 1 and the final version.
Beta 1 is not intended for broad consumer trial and evaluation but it does offer a preview of some of the benefits that Internet Explorer 7 will offer customers including:
Dynamic security protection through a simplified architecture that defends against malware, and new dynamic ways to protect against personal data theft from fraudulent Web sites (a practice known as “phishing”).
Improved design to make everyday tasks easier and faster, with better navigation through tabbed browsing; inline search right from the toolbar; shrink-to-fit Web page printing; and a streamlined, redesigned user interface (currently in its early stages in Beta 1).
New tools to take you directly to the information you want through support for Web feeds (RSS) that includes automatic discovery of web feeds (RSS) on Web pages, basic Web Feed (RSS) reading capabilities, and basic support for saving Web feeds (RSS) as a new kind of favorite.
Platform enhancements for developers to improve compatibility and manageability, including improved support for Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) as well as transparent PNG support.
Internet Explorer 7 Beta 1 is available now in two versions: a standalone version for Windows XP Service Pack 2, and an enhanced version that is built into Beta 1 of Microsoft Windows Vista—formerly Windows code-named “Longhorn”—to take advantage of new features of the Windows Vista platform.
A Community Technology Preview (CTP) has also been released which includes many more of the features that you can expect in the final version. We are looking for testing and feedback by MSDN and Technet subscribers. It has been released as part of the Windows Vista CTP.

sarcle
20th January 2006, 03:19 AM
Can I ask exactly where you got this program? The public version has yet to be announced. This is for developers only and you have to have a developer account with Microsoft.

bwhhisc
20th January 2006, 04:39 AM
Huron must have read your fired up post yesterday (Firefox 2.0) and taken action into his own hands. Maybe kin to Uncle Eddy's "present" for Clark in National Lampoons "Christmas Vacation"..

touchring
20th January 2006, 05:02 AM
It will be good if one of us can download the IE7 update and once and for all confirm the IDN support (i did try with a download from a chinese "download" site, but can't get past the Windows authentication stage) - i've come across many articles lately on IE7, and none talks about IDN support.

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 07:24 AM
It will be good if one of us can download the IE7 update and once and for all confirm the IDN support (i did try with a download from a chinese "download" site, but can't get past the Windows authentication stage) - i've come across many articles lately on IE7, and none talks about IDN support.

As far as I am aware only the guys inside Microsoft itself have access to much more than a mock up version.

IDN was a given months ago. If they don't do this then really they are going to be laughing stock and totally irrelevant to the modern world.

Best Regards
Dave

Olney
20th January 2006, 07:24 AM
I can't beleive he owns the forum & posted a direct news announcement to a non public beta...

You just started don't get your site shot down guy..
The link is to your site & not the file so I'll keep it.

IDNer
20th January 2006, 08:54 AM
Actually, 1 of the IDN club member - "Chief" have post a "IE7 testing - download" on IDN club on Jan.18 :

http://idnclub.com/index.php/topic,361.msg1251.html#msg1251

http://dl.pconline.com.cn/html/1/1/dlid=13941&dltypeid=1&pn=0&.html
NAME: Internet Explorer 7.0
VERSION: beta 1
SIZE: 10000 K
DOWNLOADS: 236146

huronargentino
20th January 2006, 11:47 AM
I posted the link on idnpros and I am actually testing the IE7
Its a bit buggy, but seems preety nice.
Did you download it?
could you use it?

I dont know why you couldnot

Olney
20th January 2006, 11:52 AM
It's a matter of that's not a Public beta
I'm not even a PC User
So I couldn't use it.
It's just a matter of being a forum owner & posting a direct link to software that is not supposed to be available.

Microsoft can get you shut down for that...
I don't use their products much but I gotta to respect some things..

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 12:03 PM
It's a matter of that's not a Public beta
I'm not even a PC User
So I couldn't use it.
It's just a matter of being a forum owner & posting a direct link to software that is not supposed to be available.

Microsoft can get you shut down for that...
I don't use their products much but I gotta to respect some things..

I understand your position Olney.

However, the only way that Microsoft is going to stop circulation of the Bug Ridden unofficial version is to issue the real thing. They won't do this because their reputation is at stake, but if they don't release soon their reputation is going to be totally shot, not least because the World will be surfeited with a Bug Ridden unofficial version.

My advice to Bill would be to get the best availabe Version of this PR disaster out there as soon as possible and then sort the problems out afterwards. At least make sure it hits the streets at around the same time as Firefox 2.0 comes out, otherwise its going to be Game Over.

It alll very well him fantacizing about adopting his products on our Mobiles but frankly I wouldn't go there. I am not even sure if want to download IE 7.0.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

bwhhisc
20th January 2006, 02:39 PM
I think Microsoft is still stinging from the XBOX 360 PR problems that occured right at release, although seems to have subsided. If you have worked in large companies...making the "wrong" kind of headlines for the corporation doesn't help your career.

A bunch of CYA is going on to document they have done the proper testing I am sure.

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 02:45 PM
I think Microsoft is still stinging from the XBOX 360 PR problems that occured right at release, although seems to have subsided. If you have worked in large companies...making the "wrong" kind of headlines for the corporation doesn't help your career.

A bunch of CYA is going on to document they have done the proper testing I am sure.

What gets me, is this is so unlike Microsoft. In the past they have been more than happy to throw any bug ridden code at the market.

Best Regards
Dave

sarcle
21st January 2006, 03:51 PM
Microsoft had this to say on their blog when I asked them about the beta leak....

Bruce Morgan [MSFT]
Adam, I don't think public perception is set by "thousands of copies" or screenshots on Bink.nu or whatever. Leaks like that are not really significant in the larger scheme of things. They're not unexpected or worth getting worked up about.

Apparently they don't care that there is a leak.