PDA

View Full Version : Domainsite 'do not support a domain lock for .IN'

mulligan
20th January 2006, 01:05 PM
Hi all,

What do you make of this from Domainsite?

"Unfortunately, we do not support a domain lock for .IN domains. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you,"

mulligan...

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 01:52 PM
Hi all,

What do you make of this from Domainsite?

"Unfortunately, we do not support a domain lock for .IN domains. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you,"

mulligan...

The locking of domains at the Registry is a registry function. Domainsite probably do not support it because there is nothing to support.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

gammascalper
20th January 2006, 02:13 PM
Does this mean you can't go on vacation without checking e-mail for illicit domain transfer attempts?

That would be a royal pain.

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 02:18 PM
Does this mean you can't go on vacation without checking e-mail for illicit domain transfer attempts?

That would be a royal pain.

I not sure how essential the lock is anyway. Don't they need access to your email to approve transfer, and if they have that, can't they just go through the forgotten password routine to access your account anyway and remove the lock?

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

DavyBUK
20th January 2006, 02:33 PM
I am pretty sure that the .in registry allows domain locking. I have just checked one of mine at random and see it has the following

So I assume that locking is supported at the registry end at least....No idea why DomainSite should not support it though !

Regards

David

Rubber Duck
20th January 2006, 02:37 PM
I am pretty sure that the .in registry allows domain locking. I have just checked one of mine at random and see it has the following

So I assume that locking is supported at the registry end at least....No idea why DomainSite should not support it though !

Regards

David

Well that would suggest that dot IN do support locking. In which case it would be advisable to contact Domainsite. If you email Scott@domainsite.com that is likely to be your best hope of getting something done.

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

gammascalper
20th January 2006, 02:48 PM
I not sure how essential the lock is anyway. Don't they need access to your email to approve transfer, and if they have that, can't they just go through the forgotten password routine to access your account anyway and remove the lock?

Best Regards
Dave Wrixon

You're right. Don't know what I was thinking just now.

mulligan
20th January 2006, 02:48 PM
Have emailed Scott, see what he says..

mulligan...