Explorer
11th July 2006, 03:00 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=2177679&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Looks like we are moving along..

touchring
11th July 2006, 03:05 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wireStory?id=2177679&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312

Looks like we are moving along..

Hmm... not sure how to interpret this. :)

Explorer
11th July 2006, 03:06 PM
Hmm... not sure how to interpret this. :)

Positive. An 80% chance is a lot better than an announcement of another Vista delay :-)

burnsinternet
11th July 2006, 04:26 PM
OS in January, Office in December, IE7 Beta 3 out on schedule. If they stagger the deployments.... Either way, it looks like by next year we should be happy campers.

alpha
11th July 2006, 04:39 PM
..... Either way, it looks like by next year we should be happy campers...

next year Rodders, we'll be ..

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 04:45 PM
Have any of you lot ever watched one of those Shuttle Launches?

People hang around for hours. Commentators talk endless drivel and not much seems to happen. Then the tower is pulled almost imperceptibly away. You can briefly feel the tension as the final count is made. Things sure start happening though when those Solid Fuel Boosters kick in!

gammascalper
11th July 2006, 04:48 PM
Have any of you lot ever watched one of those Shuttle Launches?

People hang around for hours. Commentators talk endless drivel and not much seems to happen. Then the tower is pulled almost imperceptibly away. You can briefly feel the tension as the final count is made. Things sure start happening though when those Solid Fuel Boosters kick in!

Now that is a great analogy.

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 05:40 PM
Now that is a great analogy.

Well I just posted something almost of the magnitude of Booster Rockets on another thread and nobody here seems to find it significant. I am stunned.

Giant
11th July 2006, 06:29 PM
Well I just posted something almost of the magnitude of Booster Rockets on another thread and nobody here seems to find it significant. I am stunned.

No need to be stunned, because many members here have the same view as yours but haven't got time to say anything yet.

We have an idiom in Chinese "英雄所见皆同", meaning "all heroes always have same opinions". What it really emphesizes is "the timid never understand why heroes are so brave and optimistic". I am happy that most our members here are heroes except a few...

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 06:33 PM
No need to be stunned, because many members here have the same view as yours but haven't said anything yet.

We have an idiom in Chinese "英雄所见皆同", meaning "all heroes always have same opinions". What it really emphesizes is "the timid never understand why heroes are so brave and optimistic". I am happy that most our members here are heroes except a few...

Well, you have always been one of mine! Hell, I only got into this because my life was falling apart at the time. What was your excuse?

Giant
11th July 2006, 06:39 PM
Well, you have always been one of mine! Hell, I only got into this because my life was falling apart at the time. What was your excuse?

I like betting that my observation is right, my conclusion is correct. I put money into IDN to WIN!

Rubber Duck
11th July 2006, 06:45 PM
I like betting that my observation is right, my conclusion is correct. I put money into IDN to WIN!

Well, you will soon have proof of that old buddy!

touchring
11th July 2006, 06:55 PM
Positive. An 80% chance is a lot better than an announcement of another Vista delay :-)

Yes, true, it's like the Fed giving hints as to when the next rate rise will come. 80% chance is way above announcing another delay. The next announcement might be the actual day.

Small people on this forum know who they are. God bless us! :)

I think the launch of Vista is a much easier affair than booster rockets, Vista won't fail and won't be scrapped - there's no 1 out of 100 chance.